New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May have to attend my first ever auburn football game this season to check this thing out. Looks huge

Structure still won't hold an old Magnavox console TV.. They weighed 38 tons.. Made from six pine trees

Structure still won't hold an old Magnavox console TV.. They weighed 38 tons.. Made from six pine trees

Ya'll must have had the smaller economy version. Televisions as furniture. Boy, I don't miss those days.

Ya'll must have had the smaller economy version. Televisions as furniture. Boy, I don't miss those days.

When I was in High School many, many years ago. I bought and old Magnavox TV at a thrift store for a big $15.00 investment. I also had to buy a couple of Tubes at the 7/11 to get it to work. The thing was huge my room was small so I put the TV in my closet and it still stuck way out into the room. All that it was black & White and I think the actual screen was only about 7". When I tell this story to my kids they just roll their eyes and I know they think I am telling a whopper.

When I was in High School many, many years ago. I bought and old Magnavox TV at a thrift store for a big $15.00 investment. I also had to buy a couple of Tubes at the 7/11 to get it to work. The thing was huge my room was small so I put the TV in my closet and it still stuck way out into the room. All that it was black & White and I think the actual screen was only about 7". When I tell this story to my kids they just roll their eyes and I know they think I am telling a whopper.

I love Burger King!

Ain't that the truth...............lol took 4 strong guys to move those things around

Sometimes to move the TV you just had to sell it with the house. We decided to move and not take the TV

I love Burger King!

But were you at the McDonald's? Dixie wants to know.

I remember the console televisions. Boy we thought we were stepping up in the world then. I was probably 8 or so when we got our first color television. Still remember the old black and white with 3 channels.

Look at the man standing in this photo ... gives a good idea to the scale of it.

CEwT0W2WoAAy0L4.jpg

Looking at this structure and the scale of it, part of me half expects a Saturn V to be rolling up on the launch transporter any time now...

I bet $10 that they're going to cover the backside of this thing up with vinyl murals. Anybody want to get in on this?

I bet $10 that they're going to cover the backside of this thing up with vinyl murals. Anybody want to get in on this?

I'll take that bet ,,, sources indicate you're going to be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Archived