2017 4* LB Tyler Taylor

ellitor

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

FTR, I think coach O will do really well and LSU will have a nice resurgence.

I agree with you. The fact that O is flipping top rated recruits and fightin us for guys we've been in on for months is the reason why. Relentless recruiting works and no one does it better than Coach O. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

Oh I'm not happy about it, but think people are really discounting what is about to happen. 

Yup. With his recruiting, Aranda's D, & staying out of a good OC's way they could be monsterously tough.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. With his recruiting, Aranda's D, & staying out of a good OC's way they could be monsterously tough.

Except I don't see Aranda sticking around for longer than 2 years. As long as Aranda is there, they will still have the same LSU defense. But I think the head coach has much to prove and will end up failing. I mean, the guy is from Louisiana and they still can't keep all the top level in state guys in state. Not a good sign.

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Except I don't see Aranda sticking around for longer than 2 years. As long as Aranda is there, they will still have the same LSU defense. But I think the head coach has much to prove and will end up failing. I mean, the guy is from Louisiana and they still can't keep all the top level in state guys in state. Not a good sign.

LSU is not a hard place to get a DC if Aranda leaves as has been proven.

20 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Let them have more than 3 months and they will lock down the state easily

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Let them have more than 3 months and they will lock down the state easily

I understand your point, but these same coaches have been recruiting these guys for the last year and a half - for the same team.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

So.is Tyler still out there or is he now leaning towards LSU?

Odds are, he's very, very torn with the announcement of LSU's latest commit.  If they get the other they are after, I think we're golden... might be anyway.

LSU isn't the only one hurting for linebackers. We're pretty dang thin at linebackers as well and therefor, we need some top linebackers in our 2017 class.

30 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I don't care what color we are as long as we get Tyler Taylor.

Oh and he may take it to NSD thanks to Lion's anticlimactic thread.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Oh and he may take it to NSD thanks to Lion's anticlimactic thread.

I think this bodes well for us. If he would of made a call today it felt like LSU.

6 hours ago, thaitopher said:

I agree with you thaitopher. I just cannot see all of the love for Coach "O".  Lsu really messed up imho with running Les off. Miles was the best coach they have probably ever had since the middle of the last century and probably since Heisman in the early 1900s.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

With him apparently taking it to NSD does that bodes well for us or the other set of Tigers?

GWill thinks us. I think he may be waiting to see what happens on LSU's LB board.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

FTR, I think coach O will do really well and LSU will have a nice resurgence.

Why will this guy that was a dismal failure at Ole Miss suddenly be the second coming at LS-who? I see no reason to think that.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I agree with you thaitopher. I just cannot see all of the love for Coach "O".  Lsu really messed up imho with running Les off. Miles was the best coach they have probably ever had since the middle of the last century and probably since Heisman in the early 1900s.

Yes, except Saban also coached at LSU but everything else you said I would agree with. It's easy to forget how bad LSU used to be. 

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I feel that Coach "O" is going to blow so much gas that he will stink his way out of Baton Rouge within 4 years. Lsu will fall back to pack of mediocrity soon. I will hold myself to the fire in that I feel very confident that Coach "O"s honeymoon will end far too soon than most corndogs think.

I'm going to say the opposite. O has two great coordinators on both sides of the ball and O can recruit like a boss. LSU is going to be good. Real good. Should lock the state down and cut off the uat pipelines. 

Archived