2018 Recruiting thread (Updated 1/29/18)

ellitor

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

?

Carlito Gonzales signed with AU but enrolled at Memphis. Not sure a player can count to the 25 limit for 2 teams in the same year.

• Thanks 1

E, i see that Caleb Tannor is coming in for a visit this weekend. He could be an outside LB. He said in an interview after his UF visit that he is 6'3" and weighs 205. That sounds like a LB and not a DE. Any idea if we are really working him as an OLB option for Quay when he goes somewhere else? Just wanted to get your thoughts.

1 minute ago, auol72 said:

E, i see that Caleb Tannor is coming in for a visit this weekend. He could be an outside LB. He said in an interview after his UF visit that he is 6'3" and weighs 205. That sounds like a LB and not a DE. Any idea if we are really working him as an OLB option for Quay when he goes somewhere else? Just wanted to get your thoughts.

Not to my knowledge. He's a Buck End all the way to the staff & Quay is a ILB all the way to the staff. 2 very different positions & skill sets. Also he is 225-235 lbs per the recruiting sites so I'd be willing to bet the 205 was a misquote.

Is it possible a recruit does not sign in February and waits until after Spring Camp and some attrition happens and then decides to attend a school? Or does that still count towards the 2018 - 25 scholarships?

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Is it possible a recruit does not sign in February and waits until after Spring Camp and some attrition happens and then decides to attend a school? Or does that still count towards the 2018 - 25 scholarships?

It is my understanding that incoming high school seniors will count toward 2018 unless they sign after the 2018-19 school year starts in August (or whatever month it is).  I know that there have been a few in the years past that did not sign on NSD but they did sign within a few weeks after.  I have not heard of any that waited until after Spring practice to sign.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

If a player doesn't sign it would depend on if they are transfers or high schoolers & when they enroll. For transfers enrolling before June must be in the 2018 class. After June 1 they can count to 2019. Anderson could do that but the sense I get is AU wants him on campus in May as soon as he finishes his undergrad at Rice if they can get him. For high schoolers to count to the next class if they don't sign they must not be in school on scholly before the next January.  They can enroll before then but must be a walk on & their 5 years clock would still start as a walk on.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

It is my understanding that incoming high school seniors will count toward 2018 unless they sign after the 2018-19 school year starts in August (or whatever month it is).  I know that there have been a few in the years past that did not sign on NSD but they did sign within a few weeks after.  I have not heard of any that waited until after Spring practice to sign.

Can't sign after April 1. If there is going to be a signing it would then have to wait til December.

• Like 1

E, he may be a buck end and if that is the case Mickey may get his way with them moving R. Jibunor back to pure linebacker and not a buck, however, UF is recruiting Caleb Tannor to be an OLB  and not a buck for what thats worth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auol72 said:

E, he may be a buck end and if that is the case Mickey may get his way with them moving R. Jibunor back to pure linebacker and not a buck, however, UF is recruiting Caleb Tannor to be an OLB  and not a buck for what thats worth.

What kind of front will UF be running? AU runs mostly a 4-2-5 where the Buck End is basically an OLB with his hand in the dirt. If Mullen runs a 4-3 or 3-4 they will have a bit different wants.

Dont know our coaches as you know are very good this time of the year in keeping secrets. Will be interesting to see just exactly who shows up for visits this weekend. A number of new faces apparently. On another topic per above it looks like UAT is going to run out of slots and not have room for Malik that would be to our benefit you agree?

56 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Dont know our coaches as you know are very good this time of the year in keeping secrets. Will be interesting to see just exactly who shows up for visits this weekend. A number of new faces apparently. On another topic per above it looks like UAT is going to run out of slots and not have room for Malik that would be to our benefit you agree?

Maybe. I haven't followed Malik enough yet to know who is involved.

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

Do you guys think we would take Tannor AND Langham? I know they might/probably would play different positions, but still. 

no idea if we WOULD if we could just know we most likely will not have that option because langham is infatuated with bama and seems locked in with them.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

no idea if we WOULD if we could just know we most likely will not have that option because langham is infatuated with bama and seems locked in with them.

Well that sucks. 

30 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Do you guys think we would take Tannor AND Langham? I know they might/probably would play different positions, but still. 

If the staff eventually comes to a point they see them as best available then yes. Not sure Tannor is in that category for the staff yer.

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They may not have space for him though.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

They may not have space for him though.

lol  but of course. Wonder if he will greyshirt like they got that top 100 kid on some sites jarez parks to do last cycle.......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol  but of course. Wonder if he will greyshirt like they got that top 100 kid on some sites jarez parks to do last cycle.......

Foolish, Alabama legitimately only takes some kids so others won't have them. The kids have fo realize any school can put you into the NFL these days if you play well. Film is easy to access and exposure is much more widespread. If you're talented you're just as likely to go to the NFL from Boise State as you are Alabama. It's really more about their physical measurements and technique. Don't know how many great lineman I've seen get shafted in the draft for not having long enough arms. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Foolish, Alabama legitimately only takes some kids so others won't have them. The kids have fo realize any school can put you into the NFL these days if you play well. Film is easy to access and exposure is much more widespread. If you're talented you're just as likely to go to the NFL from Boise State as you are Alabama. It's really more about their physical measurements and technique. Don't know how many great lineman I've seen get shafted in the draft for not having long enough arms. 

In Parks' case he loves Bama so much he was willing to wait a semester to start his college career. As GWill has said before I wish a top prospect loved us that much that he'd wait a semester to start his AU career.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Reality is that if you go to UAT these days, you leave with at least one National Championship ring, lose no more than 1 time a year, and go to the front of the line in the NFL draft. Boise State doesn’t offer all of that. I wish Auburn did, and hope we will one day. WDE!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ironic, isn't it?

YES and infuriating! :[

Man we just cannot make any traction with him. Even with Schwartz doing all he can to get him excited about AU.

Dang. Guess he cancelled his clemson visit or just pushed it back to next week. Rocky Top is going to have a monster recruiting weekend on tap. I really wish we would push and offer. We need CB's bad.

Looks like our OL and CB recruiting will be lacking in this class.   We need to always focus recruiting on good to great OL and DL.  After that, everything takes care of itself.

wde