2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

welcome lost! Did not know you had ventured your way over here from 247.

Yup. He came in strong in the baseball game thread last night but he had been a member here before..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. He came in strong in the baseball game thread last night but he had been a member here before..

:hellyeah: ohhhhhhhhh my! did not know. MUHHHHHHH bad fam.

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

but the bama mods are usually really spot on with their crystal balls and right a lot. 

Statistics of Hank South's 2 years being the recruiting reporter for Bama for 247 does not back up this statement. Last year Keith pounded him 84% to 67%. And the year before Keith was better at 73% to 71%.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Statistics of Hank South's 2 years being the recruiting reporter for Bama for 247 does not back up this statement. Last year Keith pounded him 84% to 67%. And the year before Keith was better at 73% to 71%.

well which one of them has the great track record? I know at least 1 of them does! they have so many tho.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Went to school with a Justin Case.  No lie.

My high school baseball coach, Coach Bounds, named his son Justin.  Justin Bounds.  No lie.

9 hours ago, toddc said:

Stidham then Fields then Nix would set us up for years to come, as the new qbu!!!

Somehow i feel like something like this gets said in nearly every qb thread

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

well which one of them has the great track record? I know at least 1 of them does! they have so many tho.

Tim Watts but he only makes 10 picks a year.

56 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

Somehow i feel like something like this gets said in nearly every qb thread

Yes. Remember the day when everyone thought Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and Lowell Narcisse would set us up for years?  Things easily change.

21 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Yes. Remember the day when everyone thought Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and Lowell Narcisse would set us up for years?  Things easily change.

Or when people didn't want us to recruit Russell Wilson because they were afraid it would make Zeke Pike get mad and transfer. 

Edit: Or when some didn't want us to recruit Davis Webb because we had Jeremy Johnson, Woody Barrett, Tyler Queen, John Franklin III and Sean White. Hey, one of those guys played half a season of good football for us. 

And then Malik Willis slips in and messes everything up:bow:.    You just never know what a kid will do from that jump from High school to college... And we still don't know about Malik, but he sure "looks" good

I'm particularly interested in the fact that, in an interview, he sited that his interest in Auburn was because we are going to throw the ball a lot and not just run it. Sounds like Chip is doing some work and recruits are buying what he is selling, sight unseen.

It will be interesting to see what our rivals do if we land him. My guess is that the SEC will start exploring rules that ban recruiting of a player who is on a 7-on-7 team that is coached by a alumni of that school. From what I've read, Cam is a factor in him being interested in AU.

23 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm particularly interested in the fact that, in an interview, he sited that his interest in Auburn was because we are going to throw the ball a lot and not just run it. Sounds like Chip is doing some work and recruits are buying what he is selling, sight unseen.

It will be interesting to see what our rivals do if we land him. My guess is that the SEC will start exploring rules that ban recruiting of a player who is on a 7-on-7 team that is coached by a alumni of that school. From what I've read, Cam is a factor in him being interested in AU.

Not only being coached by Cam, but being compared to Cam's abilities.......Though he is not as tall or big as Cam

35 minutes ago, lost said:

Not only being coached by Cam, but being compared to Cam's abilities.......Though he is not as tall or big as Cam

Unfortunately, every dual threat with potential is compared to Cam... heck, a year or so ago, Joey was going to be the next Cam Newton, if you believed all of the writers.

I have no basis , no backbone for how I felt.  All these opinions were formed before any of these guys ever set foot on campus. But...

I was super excited for cam and Stidham..

With Nick Marshall I was excitedly interested in what was going to happen. I felt the same way about Franklin though.

Jeremy Johnson I thought was going to be able to fling it but I had doubts as to him running the ball.

Pike, Garrett, Queen and even White  I wished we would have awarded a scholarship to someone else.

Willis I thought who the heck is he and just why did we give him a scolly..

I'm not sold on Gatewood at QB although I believe he is a stud.

Fields  will give me the warm fuzzies if we can land him.

And with that said, I've been wrong as often as I have been right. But I sure will be checking this thread often. If we get fields I think coupled with a great  season the dominoes will fall in place.

Yep right now its UF and Auburn with FSU and uga following long ways to go but Chip is doing a good job. Auburn is pushing hard

We get him I don't see us being nix or at the least somebody is transferring

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We get him I don't see us being nix or at the least somebody is transferring

Valid point... 

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

That's true. But at the same time, I'd rather say "I'm looking forward to the future with Stidham, White, Willis, Fields, Gatewood, and Nix" than "Hey, the future is bright with Ben Leard, Gabe Gross, John Cooley, Jeff Klein, and Meiko Collier."  

There is realistic optimism, and there's delusional homerism. 

(I really liked Ben. 1 out of 5 ain't bad. Amirite!)

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That's true. But at the same time, I'd rather say "I'm looking forward to the future with Stidham, White, Willis, Fields, Gatewood, and Nix" than "Hey, the future is bright with Ben Leard, Gabe Gross, John Cooley, Jeff Klein, and Meiko Collier."  

There is realistic optimism, and there's delusional homerism. 

(I really liked Ben. 1 out of 5 ain't bad. Amirite!)

Working catchphrase: I'm optimistic that I'll be confident soon. 

Archived