Teams AU has never played

RunInRed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to do a home and home series with Notre Dame.  It be great to see Auburn vs Texas as well (even though we HAVE played them before).

Quite a few teams on the list but most are second tier teams and guess I'm not surprised.  Thought we would have run into a few of the distant teams in bowl games but the set match ups these days kind of limit the opposition that might be available.  Only about  4 or 5 of those would make a compelling match up.

I'd like to play Air Force and Navy in addition to some of the obvious choices like Stanford, Notre Dame and UCLA. Washington and Cal are happening so those will be checked off soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

A question for everybody...

From the list, which non-Power 5 team(s) would you want to play most?

Troy

Washington is on the schedule for 2018.  Cal for 2020 and 2021 or close to that.   In no particular order, I would like ND, ASU, UCLA and Stanford.    

18 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Troy

Kind'a found myself leaning towards in-staters myself.

Seems like a number of the FBS teams in that graphic have not been FBS (Division-1) teams for all that long, and one or two others haven't even had football programs for all that long. Don't really get the exclamation mark following the 32.8 percent thing either.  I'd tend to think that's not really an unusually high percentage.

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Seems like a number of the FBS teams in that graphic have not been FBS (Division-1) teams for all that long, and one or two others haven't even had football programs for all that long. Don't really get the exclamation mark following the 32.8 percent thing either.  I'd tend to think that's not really an unusually high percentage.

When I attended Univ.So.Ala. they had no football team at all.

(my daughter was kind'a impressed I had a school-record 3-mile 'til she found out I was older than the school).

4 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

A question for everybody...

From the list, which non-Power 5 team(s) would you want to play most?

Of the non P5 for me Air Force/Navyand BYU none of the others move the needle for me.

P5 for me Okie state, Utah, ucla, and Az.  State

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Does that big N stand for Northwestern? if so, then it needs to be deleted.

N is for Nevada Wolf Pack

I've been working my way around trying to get all the US states....have 43 right now and might pick up a couple more next month....so maybe someone in scheduling needs to start a campaign to check off the boxes for all of them...though many of the ones we have missed thus far are new arrivals to the Div 1 and are a long way from Power 5 status.  

Guess we could pick up a couple of them every year for our warm-up games though..

Archived