Nate Craig-Myers

War to the Eagle

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Except it's not.  College football is a business.  For the most part, these guys are coming to Auburn to play for the glory of the good ole orange and blue.  And they put in way more than 40 hours of work per week when football and school are put together.

But if you don't want to make a business example, let's take it from another perspective.  Let's say you have a kid that's on academic scholarship at AU.  Your son/daughter decides after a couple of months that AU isn't for him/her.  Would you expect to have to pay that tuition money back to the university, even though your child did everything expected of them during their time at the school?

Dude has to be trolling.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both brothers are leaving Gus. Good for them. I hope they find a team that will give them more playing time. Gus wouldn't great talent if it bit him on his ass.  The Myers brothers mark the 5th and 6th players to leave Auburn since August. Gus is doing such a bang up job. So glad we're paying him 49 million for the next 7 years. Don't blame the players for leaving. Blame Gus because he isn't giving them more playing time. Any other team in the SEC or where ever would play the Myers brothers a lot  because they have TALENT.

2 hours ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Everything I'm reading is that NCM and his brother are gone. I get that people are upset from a star power standpoint, but he's been surpassed by the incoming class at that position. If he could get open, he'd have been used more. He can't create the separation to provide an outlet for Stidham to get the ball to him, and as the possession guy he's got to contend with both Ryan Davis and a Will Hastings coming back now too. Nature of the beast with the new redshirt rule. This rule is going to turn into a college version of the day NFL teams have to drop their 53 man rosters, mark my words.

He was damn good on slant routes that Gus never runs.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Dude has to be trolling.

I don't think so.  I think some people still believe that college football is all about amateurism and fail to see that giant business it's become.  If it's OK to be a business for the coaches, then it's absolutely OK for it to be looked at in the same way from the players.  Every other kid in college can transfer anywhere at any time, yet we're supposed to hold football players to a different standard?  Give me a freaking break.

1 minute ago, Ber798297 said:

Does any of the insiders know if we will lose any more players to this rule and, will we gain any quality players from this rule?

Absolutely. We'll lose players who are under-utilized and gain players who want to be...that should work out beautifully.

2 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Does any of the insiders know if we will lose any more players to this rule and, will we gain any quality players from this rule?

It's too early to tell, but the likelihood in the long term is yes.  The rule will dramatically change the game for transfers and attrition during the season.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am rooting for him! He is a great young man and very talented. I do hope he can get to a Florida school and show case it.  I know the usual suspects will come here and try to downplay his talent and potential.

He will McGinty us next year vs UF in The Swamp?

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sad to see it. Could have been a 1,000 yard receiver. Hope he goes to a pass happy team. Hell, go to UCF and show out against lesser competition.

UCF actually would be perfect for him. Don't see how ”Auburn men” can be laughing at the expense or hating the fact that this kid is trying to do what's best for his future.  He has done all the coaches have asked him to do including the dirty work. Now he needs to find a place that can show off his WR skills.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think so.  I think some people still believe that college football is all about amateurism and fail to see that giant business it's become.  If it's OK to be a business for the coaches, then it's absolutely OK for it to be looked at in the same way from the players.  Every other kid in college can transfer anywhere at any time, yet we're supposed to hold football players to a different standard?  Give me a freaking break.

This.

This kid is a "quitter", yet our head coach was using his agent to feint interest in another job as we were a game away from potentially playing for a Championship just last season SMH.  At no point in time will I EVER critique a decision made by a player to leave or do anything in their best interest. 

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe he can rejoin KD under Kiffen and we can all watch how our 2016 stud receiver class should've been used.

UCF would be a good fit imo M. McKenzie will be back next year....

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

Glass-is-half-full take: bunch of hard working walk-ons might get a scholly.

And, it’s only September?

I was thinking maybe 2/3rds of the starting lineup will be schollyed walk-ons by the Iron Bowl. At least Gus will have an excuse for getting hammered...

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

UCF actually would be perfect for him. Don't see how ”Auburn men” can be laughing at the expense or hating the fact that this kid is trying to do what's best for his future.  He has done all the coaches have asked him to do including the dirty work. Now he needs to find a place that can show off his WR skills.

As a UCF alum I would love to see Milton throwing to NCM

I don’t understand the quitter talk. He’s not happy with his role, so he wants to go elsewhere. Do you people really expect him to waste a year of his eligibility when he can go elsewhere and play more?

Could easily see him with Kiffin, it’s tailor made. Wouldn’t rule out aTm with DC there as a possibility though. They were tight were they not??

40 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Both brothers are leaving Gus. Good for them. I hope they find a team that will give them more playing time. Gus wouldn't great talent if it bit him on his ass.  The Myers brothers mark the 5th and 6th players to leave Auburn since August. Gus is doing such a bang up job. So glad we're paying him 49 million for the next 7 years. Don't blame the players for leaving. Blame Gus because he isn't giving them more playing time. Any other team in the SEC or where ever would play the Myers brothers a lot  because they have TALENT.

You said it. The “quitter” debate is ridiculous. Gus right now is showing all the signs of a burnt out coach.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Are these guys that are leaving for their own reasons paying back their tuition? They should be.

not only are they not getting paid, now they're going in debt because they don't want to have their career wasted...lol 

not to mention they'd be repaying an institution that's like top 10 in revenue and builds all these insane gimmicks to attract THEM in the first place. just think your post over for a second 

12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Could easily see him with Kiffin, it’s tailor made. Wouldn’t rule out aTm with DC there as a possibility though. They were tight were they not??

Monde to Myers would be one of the scariest combos I can think of 

Some of you have really lost your minds....waste a year of his eligibility and life......for what exactly???? For the QB to get hyped up but can't make more than 2 reads? If he is a possession receiver how many opportunities is he going to get between the QB not being the best and an offense that's big play or screen.....

I just don't see how you all supposedly are so great fans but turn on these kids so fast. He is chasing his dream!!!! What's more important than that?? Oh yeah him wasting away and if he's lucky you'll call him an Auburn man! Gtfoh, life AND football is bigger than that. When he was here he represented us well. When they threw him the ball he produced. He recruited for us when he was a prospect. He did everything the right way. Wish this man the best and move on

Gus Malzahn has got to be the most overpaid and overrated coach.  We have great talent and he wastes it.  We never use a tight end as a weapon NCM should leave.  He is wasting his time here.  There is a huge reason Jalen Harris left the T.E.

Why would anybody want to play when we have the worst talent developers on offense.  No offense to Kodi but he was a qb that wasn't developed by GM and he is learning on the job.  Our routes and offense are offensive and stupid simple.  

Jay Jacob's gave us the biggest middle finger by approving GM contract.  It should never have been approved for that much.  Hell GM is so bad he knows his offense is more efficient using a dual threat, but recruits pro style QBs.  He is a overpaid high school coach and gets outcoached almost every game.  We have no middle passing game, we have thrown more slants this year than all of his prior seasons.  Let's face it guys, without Kevin Steele we would be lucky to win all of our gimme games.  I'm tired of GM this job is way over his head, but because of Jacob's we are stuck with this guy.  I'm tired of it, rant over.

Also, for those of you clowns who are gonna say, there are no coaches out there.  All you have to do is give Neil Brown a shot or Bill Clark.  Saying that is a losers mentality it's just like saying I can't,  when you haven't even tried.

War Damn Eagle and you sunshine/GM supporters need to wake up and look at the stats.  We are paying a barely .500 coach 49 million and he can't win a bowl game.  Last one was Memphis when we stunk it up that year too.

Archived