Nate Craig-Myers

War to the Eagle

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Lol but no he won’t be targeted as much as RD because he won’t be a screen guy but true drop back he will be targeted as much or close.  Ryan also has some of the check down routes so I don’t see Seth getting 80 catches but I bet he passes NCM’s career receptions in this season barring injury.  

Sorry, only meant to suggest that nobody's going to get nearly as many targets as RD, and I get that and I'm okay with that. I'd just love to see the gap narrowed and the passes spread around a little more (84 catches for RD last year vs 29 or less). If you're right about Seth, great. That will probably mean that our offense is playing better overall and scoring more points. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The only thing they're a fan of is whatever gives them the best chance of talking ish to their bama friends after Thanksgiving. They're fans of having their own insecurities mitigated by their favorite football team winning. They're fans of production, and that's it. They're not fans of the players, that's for sure. They don't give a damn about these kids unless they're playing at a high level or still have potential to. Sometimes they don't even give a damn about the guys who *are* producing because they think the guy on the bench can produce more. They didn't give a damn about Ben Tate because they thought Mario Fannin was better, and then they didn't give a damn about Mario Fannin, either, even though he was one of the toughest, most selfless guys to step foot on campus the last 10 years. 

Yet some of these people fall all over themselves and make up the most asinine thing to protect the coaches that get paid insane amounts of money to decide how these kids are going to be allowed to play. Doesn't matter that our coach never had a true mentor with significant experience in the college game. Doesn't matter that our coach never seeks input or outside ideas, but instead keeps dictating what his OCs are allowed to do based on his own extremely limited experience. He wrote a book! Obviously, if something doesn't work, it's because the players that he recruited and is charged with preparing failed him. 

I'm genuinely happy that Nate and the others are leaving. As @bigbird said, Nate in particular made a mistake by coming here and it's been sad to see so many guys have their career chances compromised by this program going back to the Chizik years. Just look at all the 4* WRs who have committed to Gus. How many have played pro ball? You're telling me *none* of them "can get separation"? This offense sucks for WRs who want to catch balls and make money playing the sport they love.

Remember when reading the below stat that NCM was at one point the #1 player in the nation at any position:

If anyone wants to argue that Gus's offense is good enough, knock yourself out. But you're crazy if you think that he's an effective passing strategist or that the players are the problem. 

out of reactions but this is a fire post, bruv

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

Still seeking, still seeking, still seeking . If anyone can find a drop to target ratio stat, that would be most welcoming. Figured that would be easy to find but I can’t seem to pull it up anywhere.

Kodi keeps a spreadsheet on his tablet. Give me a minute to hack errr find it...

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ricardo Louis 50/50

Very true but so glad he wasn't 49/51 or whatever that might have worked out to. ?

Gee, just a couple of weeks ago there was a thread here griping because Gus wasn't going to play Seth Williams enough because Williams probably wouldn't learn the blocking schemes and Gus just always stuck with older guys. So Williams earns a bunch of playing time, makes some nice catches and now it's Gus's fault because NCM didn't get enough balls thrown to him? You can't throw to both of them on the same play so....

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I told Nate to go to the Lobo's should have listen to me.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but is there speculation on where he may land? It wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up in Aggieland.

It would help if one out of every few plays wasn’t a wasted running play up the middle after we get a first down. 

I can’t stand it. My biggest gripe of the Gus M era. 

Nobody asked me my opinion, so here goes ...

If you don't want to earn an Auburn degree, don't come here.  If you don't want to help the team win, don't play at Auburn.  I am very sorry to see NCM and the others go.  Most all are leaving because they aren't playing as much as they want because somebody on the team is better at playing their position. If you aren't playing the best players, you're playing favorites, and playing favorites will get you beat in this league.  We've likely already lost more players than we can replace with a single full recruiting class. They'll be missed, but the program will go on without them.

6 minutes ago, API said:

Nobody asked me my opinion, so here goes ...

If you don't want to earn an Auburn degree, don't come here.  If you don't want to help the team win, don't play at Auburn.  I am very sorry to see NCM and the others go.  Most all are leaving because they aren't playing as much as they want because somebody on the team is better at playing their position. If you aren't playing the best players, you're playing favorites, and playing favorites will get you beat in this league.  We've likely already lost more players than we can replace with a single full recruiting class. They'll be missed, but the program will go on without them.

You do know that some of the players that have chosen to leave have an Auburn degree, right?  Some have been starters, and gotten plenty of playing time and have contributed to helping Auburn win in their time here.

I agree the program will go on with or without their services.  I still thank them and hope they find a suitable landing spot to show their skills and further their career in football.

34 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, but is there speculation on where he may land? It wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up in Aggieland.

No idea at the moment 

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is year 3 and separation has been discussed multiple times by NCM.

What are you saying?

15 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol. It wouldn't hurt me in the least bit if today's college football did disappear with the way it is going. Then the NFL can stop using it as a developmental league and as you said expose a bunch of leaches. Players that want degrees would go to Universities, players that wanted pro-status can slug it out and work their way through developmental leagues.

I went to the USC/UT game this past weekend. Know what the fun stuff was.. the people. Not the athletes. The tailgating, meeting new people, hanging out. While that would initially be damaged for a bit the best of game-day atmosphere would return to Auburn. Alum would still come back, still go to the game (perhaps even more games since tickets wouldn't be $100 bucks for Blind Girls University), they would remember their time there, enjoy it with families and old friends... that kind of stuff.

Nowhere am I treating these athletes like they are villains. People are referring to it as a business and I am looking at it that way.

Why dump academic scholarships? That is actually the purpose of the university, you also don't get to not pan out and keep it for 4 years. They take those things away pretty damn fast.

Because the purpose is the purpose. Make everybody pay

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What are you saying?

You said WR issues of separation haven’t been discussed until now...

so I replied with yes this is the 3rd year the discussion of separation from the defender has been discussed about NCM.  Fact!

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Gee, just a couple of weeks ago there was a thread here griping because Gus wasn't going to play Seth Williams enough because Williams probably wouldn't learn the blocking schemes and Gus just always stuck with older guys. So Williams earns a bunch of playing time, makes some nice catches and now it's Gus's fault because NCM didn't get enough balls thrown to him? You can't throw to both of them on the same play so....

?    and of course the coaches are gonna play the guys who give the team the best chance to win.....Or I think that is the way it works... 

Gotta give Seth some credit, he snatched one out of the air last going across the middle that was well behind him to make a good play..... and then there was that crazy throwaway pass that he caught ….or did not catch at the sideline ,,,,,,on a pass that would have been intercepted if anyone but Seth was in the area.   JMO but the guy seems to have earned his playing time.  

NCM was supposed to do big things in this offense. This is disappointing in any way that you push the narrative. He either didn’t have it in him (another recruiting miss.) Or he wasn’t utilized properly (this is what I believe.) Either way, both falls on Gus and his new guaranteed contract. How does everyone feel about Gus hanging around for another 4-5 years? I’m sick of the false hope and promises tbat Gus’s offense will evolve in the offseason. Some one make me a believer that Gus can manipulate his chicken s*** offense into a chicken salad offense. 

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You said WR issues of separation haven’t been discussed until now...

so I replied with yes this is the 3rd year the discussion of separation from the defender has been discussed about NCM.  Fact!

What fact? Pull the discussions of the last three years. Or are you saying somebody said something generic like if a guy drop a ball, he needs to catch better. This dude was a 5/4 star but EVERYBODY was wrong it really turned out he couldn't get open in the game of football. And then Gus was playing him even though he can't get open....in college footwork isn't even that important yet as far as route running and getting open. Better yet what advanced route tree are our wr's running? Man get real. He's playing with a qb and a coach that runs a one read dominant system

I haven't read all the posts as last few days have been reading on my phone as they now block most of these sites at work. I am one of the people who thought NCM would be great. But since he has been here Hasting's a walk on has been a more effective receiver, Seth Williams as a Freshman has been more effective and of course Davis has been more effective. They are in same offense and have the same WR coach. I realize comparing Davis and Hastings with NCM is not totally fair as they are in  different WR positions. 

There is one key thing all receivers have to do and that is get separation and get open NCM has not done that as well. I think one issue is NCM is good in traffic and going up to get the ball but one thing I have seen about Stidham unless he is in panic mode is he will seldom throw up fifty fifty balls and trusts his receiver which impacts NCM.  

NCM has played hard and is one of our better WR Blockers. I thank him for his time at Auburn and wish him the best wherever he goes and I want him to have great games there unless he plays against Auburn.

18 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Sweet. Then let's stick to that line and do away with all college athletic programs period.

I'd be happy to just make them all like Div III and have the same academic standards as the general student population.   

But that's not gonna happen until the first jury award of a billion dollars for the concussion claims that are lingering in the various court systems causes the universities to revisit what their mission is supposed to be.      Too much money in the college athletic "system" to be ignored.   JMO

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd be happy to just make them all like Div III and have the same academic standards as the general student population.   

But that's not gonna happen until the first jury award of a billion dollars for the concussion claims that are lingering in the various court systems causes the universities to revisit what their mission is supposed to be.      Too much money in the college athletic "system" to be ignored.   JMO

Like the thinking.

I was just following the purpose is the purpose line of thinking. Though not sure what the purpose of removing academic scholarships from an academic institution is since they reward the actual purpose.

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Like the thinking.

I was just following the purpose is the purpose line of thinking. Though not sure what the purpose of removing academic scholarships from an academic institution is since they reward the actual purpose.

I'd be fine if we made the colleges like AAA baseball teams.  No classes, everybody is paid the same and you have a limit on rosters.  Then it's all about winning and losing.  Make the NFL subsidize salaries, and put limits on them so no one can outbid anyone else.  Coaching salaries would shrink, and it would probably be cheaper than giving them a 4 year scholarship.  Oh yeah, you can be cut at ANY time and your spot is not guaranteed.  Maybe even incorporate a baseball type draft right out of high school.  Instead of Power 5 and whatever, break it up into AAA, AA, and A. They're already professionals, so drop the charade.

One of the things that absolutely terrifies me about the future with Gus is his talent evaluation and utilization.

Here's an example. Before he got hurt, Kamryn Pettway's 2016 season was one of the best game-per-game in Auburn history. I think he averaged like 150 yards a game as a starter? And he averaged 6 yards a carry on over 200 totes. That's unreal.

But what's more unreal is that he never would have gotten the chance to carry the ball if Auburn hadn't unexpectedly lost Peyton Barber, Jovon Robinson, and Roc Thomas, in addition to losing Kerryon to injury. Without four RBs going down, Kam would've gone through his career as a backup to Chandler Cox. How do you just flat out miss the obvious talent that Pettway has, despite seeing him every day in practice and having tons of film from HS of him making similar plays?

I think all of us see the pure-receiver that NCM is and I just don't believe that Sal Canella or Will Hastings should have been taking snaps or targets away from him.

Sidenote: It always drove me crazy that Malzahn never utilized a formation with Kerryon and Pettway on the field at the same time in 2016. Pett knew all the blocking schemes already, as that was his primary position for a year, so let him play H-Back when he wasn't RB1! It would've allowed for some creative plays, like when Ronnie and Cadillac lined up in the backfield together in 04. It concerns me how we have all this talent, but not enough brains to get them on the field or get them the ball.

Archived