Ole Miss Score Predictions

Zeek

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole Miss is BAD at defense, Gus is undefeated in Week 5 games, and we are just in time for Hotseat Gus* to make his yearly appearance. 38-27 Auburn. The sinking ship stays above water for another week. 

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Corral had 6 picks last week.  Gotta think that could affect him and OM's game plan.

Corral? Plumlee will be contending for Heisman talk after this one...

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Ole Miss defense is terrible, maybe historically bad. We will score 30 just because we took the field. Will we stop them - that is the question. 
Gus is against the wall. This is when he usually wins. 
38-35 AU 

Afterwards Gus says we are coming around and we were really flying Around out there

You say something like this but has this offense scored 30 yet this season?

3 hours ago, DAG said:

only time we scored 30 so far this season was against Arky  30-28 on a game winning FG and that was only because a judgement call went in our favor i just told someone we only scored two field goals in the second half this past saturday against an average team no reason to think we are automatically gonna boat race someone 58-17 no matter how bad the opposing D is

All anyone has to do is read this thread to know Gus has completely lost the fans confidence. Auburn fans are picking a Mississippi school to beat us and it's not because they are that good. We are just that bad. It doesn't get much lower than that. ...sigh.... We have become the Charlie Browniest team in the SEC. 

Ole Miss 56

Auburn 17

They have the chance to bury us and they will take it and make the most of it.

If sanity ruled at AU, Gus would be shown the door after this

Back to back road games against a smarter head coach while the team is imploding and infighting? Not a fun combo.

Could we win? Sure, we're vastly more athletic with a better roster. Could we lose? Absolutely, their offense could easily torch us while ours stalls.

Gotta think if we lose this one it'll be the hottest Gus' seat has been. 

11 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Olé Miss - 38

Auburn - 20

50/50 chance Gus is fired Sunday morning.  

“Don’t give me hope.”

Of the gang of Ex-Saban-Assistants-turned-SEC-Head-Coaches that all text with each other regularly, Kiffin is the only one without a HC win against Auburn.  Pruitt, Smart, now Muschamp.  They're probably devoting every waking hour to meticulously dissect Gus's and Chad's complex offensive system; constantly trading laughs and tips throughout the day.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Of the gang of Ex-Saban-Assistants-turned-SEC-Head-Coaches that all text with each other regularly, Kiffin is the only one without a HC win against Auburn.  Pruitt, Smart, now Muschamp.  They're probably devoting every waking hour to meticulously dissect Gus's and Chad's complex offensive system; constantly trading laughs and tips throughout the day.

I just pictured them on a Friday night zoom meet up, drinking bourbon until the wee hours. Kiffin says, "Alright fellas, I've got an 11:00 kickoff tomorrow, gotta go." 

"Who ya got?"

"Auburn."

"*laughter* Shut up and pour another one, Lane."

"Ugh, fine."

12 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Ole Miss 56

Auburn 17

They have the chance to bury us and they will take it and make the most of it.

If sanity ruled at AU, Gus would be shown the door after this

If that is indeed the score after Saturday, there is no way he will survive. 

14 hours ago, DAG said:

The only reason I think we score more than 30 is because Ole Miss is historically bad this year on defense. Dead last in the country in scoring and total defense. 

Put it this way - if Bo scrambles out of the pocket this week he should be benched. Ole miss has NO pass rush at all. None. 
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28/p2

Of course Ole Miss may score 45 on us... and if we lose everyone should be fired. 

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

If that is indeed the score after Saturday, there is no way he will survive. 

i have us losing 35-17 which sounds a little more accurate last two times we lost in oxford 08 and 12 we were in it until ole miss eventually wore our D down from being on the field majority of the game i agree i think we'll find the endzone atleast once maybe twice but the fact that we could only muster two field goals against south carolina in the second half is something of an issue itself 

2 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i have us losing 35-17 which sounds a little more accurate last two times we lost in oxford 08 and 12 we were in it until ole miss eventually wore our D down from being on the field majority of the game i agree i think we'll find the endzone atleast once maybe twice but the fact that we could only muster two field goals against south carolina in the second half is something of an issue itself 

Well if you look at the stats, South Carolina has a decent defense - better than ours and significantly better than Miss.

17 points against Ole Miss this weekend would be a crime against college football and Gus/Morris should have their contracts voided and be arrested for stealing AU’s money. That ole miss defense is the worst I have ever seen. 

Archived