Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I like the intensity.  And I like that he doesn't seem to "put on" hype.  He strikes me as a demanding guy with a definite plan and way he likes things done.  I'm excited to see what he does.

He has a commanding presence, but he also has a personality.  The combination of those two has been rare for us.  He owns the room.  My biggest takeaway from his PC, is that I now understand why Boise State continued to have double digit win seasons under him.  I followed Boise State for the last several years, because I just enjoyed watching them play.  I never looked deeper though, and I now see why I wish I'd have done so.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yep. Just as we had to get rid of the good ole boy network and that era of Auburn Football, its time to get some swag going with uniforms and all of that.  I love our uniforms, but the players these days want to get hype and if a jersey color or helmet does that, then why the hell not?

4 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Yep. Just as we had to get rid of the good ole boy network and that era of Auburn Football, its time to get some swag going with uniforms and all of that.  I love our uniforms, but the players these days want to get hype and if a jersey color or helmet does that, then why the hell not?

The thing is I don’t think that would fly with fans as far as uniforms go

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

If it meant the difference in keeping certain players and pulling new recruits, then it needs to fly with fans.

1 hour ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

No too many Auburn fans make the Iron Bowl our championship. It's a game he wants to win but he wants championships not just victories.

I don’t disagree. But it isn’t about that. It is about the players. They need to be amped up for that game especially. 

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

I don’t disagree. But it isn’t about that. It is about the players. They need to be amped up for that game especially. 

I don’t get the feeling that a losing season but an Iron Bowl win would be ok with CBH.  The old mantra of “we can lose every game but beat Bama and it’s a good year is gone.”  That’s the old Auburn.  I’m ready for the new Auburn.  The, we are here to hit you in the mouth and win regardless of what jersey you are wearing, Auburn.

5 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

If it meant the difference in keeping certain players and pulling new recruits, then it needs to fly with fans.

Tbh IMO I don’t want players that would put that much into uniforms so much that it would sway their opinion on committing.

Just now, WFE12 said:

Tbh IMO I don’t want players that would put that much into uniforms so much that it would sway their opinion on committing.

So you would rather not have Flash on the team if it meant to have an alternate jersey/helmet combo that isn’t traditional?  

OMG. I just got home from Christmas party and got a chance to watch. Oh My....ooooh bawz. Guys....I got the feeling while watching this that I was watching something that will be looked back on for decades about this day. The kind where people say "that was day it all changed" . I think we hit it big, boys. I am not going to lie. I know I know. Just a press conference...but I am just relaying the feelings I feel. I have never felt this way in my lifetime about a coaching hire....Not even BP made me feel as good. 

40 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I consider myself an old school fan. I am willing to concede on the uniforms even though I am a traditionalist. 

There was always  "something" about looking back into history as a student and seeing the "same" uniform worn by my fellow students.  The older I get I realize there is a similar but stronger "something" about the nostalgia of watching the team in the "same" uniforms as they wore 1/2 century ago when I was at school. 

If an alternate uniform can help the team,  I am all for it.    Just not very often.   I am fine with putting on a tee shirt, painting your number in blood,  and playing at the rock quarry.  It is not a fashion show runway.  It is football.   

edit: cause I can never get a post right the first time. 

10 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

So you would rather not have Flash on the team if it meant to have an alternate jersey/helmet combo that isn’t traditional?  

Flash came to Auburn without the lure of alt unis.   

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Did Phillip Marshall get to ask Coach Harsin a question?

"Coach...I've covered this program all 127 seasons. All 27 coaches have given me First Class VIP 24/7 access. If you'll continue that tradition with me, I'll continue to write and plead to the pseudo-experts *cough*, I mean fans, to stay off your back after tough losses and to not lash out on social media, decreeing what should be done (even though they were right all along about Coach Malzahn), which gives the appearance of instability because you and I both know, that's what hurts recruiting 18-year old difference-makers the most - accurate or not. What say you, Coach?"

21 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

3CCA530B-4A4F-4D6C-A36A-2C7B26787212.jpeg

I saw that but that’s just a bonus that’s not gonna have any effect on him staying.

2 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the way he answered questions, especially the first in regards to Bama/Saban and only talking about be prepared for every day and treating every game is the most important instead of letting the stage get too big.

You know what it reminded me of?  "The Process".  Harsin even used that word directly at one point saying we have to focus on the process of getting better every day.

I was excited the moment I heard the news Wednesday.  I'm absolutely giddy now.  

If uniform is important to you go play at Oregon or Maryland. Harsin would be willing to play in burlap sacks and leather helmets. Take your soft ass somewhere else. I get the feeling he isn't on board with the new age crap and is old school hit you in the mouth no matter what uniform you have on.

image.png

I'm all for a tasteful alternate uni... just remember though, beggars can't be choosers. Who could forget this monstrosity Nike rolled out for the CFA Kickoff Game (2011?). I actually like Boise's helmet but Georgia... now that's a hot mess.

7 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I won't be upset if anyone disagrees, but he kind of struck me (in personality and what he said) as a cross between Saban and Dabo.

Nah, I’m with you. We should be thankful he has a personality like that. 

20 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nah, I’m with you. We should be thankful he has a personality like that. 

One thing I gotta say about this is I believe the same thing I just hope for Auburn's sake and the fans we have patience. Dabo didn't win right off the bat it took a while before he could do what he has done now. If and I mean if we have got a coach like Dabo and Saban mixed we better give him time and patience he is gonna have to change the atmosphere that we have put up with for years. IT WILL TAKE TIME. nobody needs to be bitchin about wins and losses for at least two years if not three or four, unless we just look like utter crap then I would understand us bitchen but as of right now I don't see us ever looking like what Gus teams look like sometimes. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

One thing I gotta say about this is I believe the same thing I just hope for Auburn's sake and the fans we have patience. Dabo didn't win right off the bat it took a while before he could do what he has done now. If and I mean if we have got a coach like Dabo and Saban mixed we better give him time and patience he is gonna have to change the atmosphere that we have put up with for years. IT WILL TAKE TIME. nobody needs to be bitchin about wins and losses for at least two years if not three or four, unless we just look like utter crap then I would understand us bitchen but as of right now I don't see us ever looking like what Gus teams look like sometimes. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

The portal will help, but it's gonna take at least 3 to recover from the roster mismanagement we've, well most, have seen and complained about

6 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

3CCA530B-4A4F-4D6C-A36A-2C7B26787212.jpeg

Hey Anthony, don't be a twidiot.  You can come talk to me man to man about this. CBH.

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

If uniform is important to you go play at Oregon or Maryland. Harsin would be willing to play in burlap sacks and leather helmets. Take your soft ass somewhere else. I get the feeling he isn't on board with the new age crap and is old school hit you in the mouth no matter what uniform you have on.

Well I don't know all about that because his old school plays on a blue field. I just have a feeling that CBH is not going to give or spend a lot energy in how the news, social media or negativity in general tries to influence. I believe if you want his respect you're going to have to go face to face and talk to him directly. If you try to go behind his back he'll pay you a personal visit and call you out.

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The portal will help, but it's gonna take at least 3 to recover from the roster mismanagement we've, well most, have seen and complained about

Yep I agree especially with the O-line trouble we have got ourselves into. 

Archived