Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

58 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

My keys to victory:

- OL and DL play, especially OL pass blocking to give Bo time 

- Bo staying in the pocket with his composure making his reads and opening up the run game 

- Good run blocking 

Using both RBs to keep them fresh and hopefully injury free 

- DL getting some push to put pressure on the QB as well as stopping the run 

- Avoid stupid penalties 

- Strike quick with a big play TD and take the crowd out of the game early 

Not really rocket science, but definitely not easy. 

Probably keys to most if not all games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

"Do every football thing really good and better than the other team, resulting in more points scored, and you've got a really good shot at pulling out a victory."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"Do every football thing really good and better than the other team, resulting in more points scored, and you've got a really good shot at pulling out a victory."

Now that’s a plan!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

dodgeball-strategy.gif

• Haha 3

I think the team shouldn't have any problems with being focused anymore after halftime of the ASU game. That's gonna be the turning point of the season imo. I heard  Coach got onto Bobo, Tank, and everybody else and it was a sight to see. Team should come out with their hair on fire.

45 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Let me add in 'smart coaching.' 😂

47 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I feel that way every week when I watch Game Day and ESPN. They all say the same thing for every game. Again. And again. And again. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:39 AM, bigbird said:

Let's try and keep the reasonings more X's and O's rather than "SEC < Big" type of takes.

IMO, One of the things that leans in our favor is the fact that their IOL is weak and just not very good. Our DL and blitz packages should create a lot of opportunities. I think we create enough pressure up front to control the game.

Back on topic....

Our use of 2 or more TEs will widen out their defense creating extra gaps that we'll be able to utilize our strength which is the run game. Also, I think our playcalling will be geared to stay ahead of the chains and keep their defense guessing. 

When we're on defense our front 7 is going to eat. We're not exclusively a press man coverage defense anymore so I expect Mason to use his some fire zone calls to flummox Clifford. Their run game hasn't been a factor for them, and from what I saw of them against Wisky, they lacked any sort of rhythm offensively under Yurcich. 

I see us having the edge on special teams, too. I'm expecting another impact play from one of those groups again this week.

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

last top 10 road win...really insane how that 13-14 offense functioned looking back. either a 1-3 yard play or a 20+ yard play 

I was at that game. I was unimpressed with the grove.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Our use of 2 or more TEs will widen out their defense creating extra gaps that we'll be able to utilize our strength which is the run game.

Yep, I expect a lot of 12 and 13 personnel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Back on topic....

Our use of 2 or more TEs will widen out their defense creating extra gaps that we'll be able to utilize our strength which is the run game. Also, I think our playcalling will be geared to stay ahead of the chains and keep their defense guessing. 

When we're on defense our front 7 is going to eat. We're not exclusively a press man coverage defense anymore so I expect Mason to use his some fire zone calls to flummox Clifford. Their run game hasn't been a factor for them, and from what I saw of them against Wisky, they lacked any sort of rhythm offensively under Yurcich. 

I see us having the edge on special teams, too. I'm expecting another impact play from one of those groups again this week.

Our run game did not look stellar against Wisconsin at all, but was pretty foot in our 2nd game. For you to get pressure when we pass though is gonna be more difficult. Our Pass protection has been pretty good. The interior of our o-line is our weakness on the line. 

As far as your passing attack I truly hope you try to throw often. Our secondary has been lights out and has not given up much through the air at all. I’m really not too scared about our guys being in single coverage as well as our cover LB who is ridiculously athletic and did a great job against Wisconsin’s NFL caliber TE. 

I honestly think a lot of it will come down to the rushing attack of both teams.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

AA8201F1-8FBA-4472-B8BF-166C36C32B63.jpegHere’s one stat I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about. This could bode very well for us considering LB is a huge strength of our team. 

If this chart shows anything - you cant turn the ball over. PSUvWISC was an ugly game. Wisconsin just played uglier. 

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yep, I expect a lot of 12 and 13 personnel.

I hope we run a similar game plan as TB Bucs do with their base 12 personnel offense, it is a thing of beauty,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

Our run game did not look stellar against Wisconsin at all, but was pretty foot in our 2nd game. For you to get pressure when we pass though is gonna be more difficult. Our Pass protection has been pretty good. The interior of our o-line is our weakness on the line. 

As far as your passing attack I truly hope you try to throw often. Our secondary has been lights out and has not given up much through the air at all. I’m really not too scared about our guys being in single coverage as well as our cover LB who is ridiculously athletic and did a great job against Wisconsin’s NFL caliber TE. 

I honestly think a lot of it will come down to the rushing attack of both teams.

With the PSU interior OL being the weakness, I'm expecting stunts and A-gap pressures from our LBs. Also, since Mason mixes up coverages more than Steele did, it's making opposing QBs read post snap so it's giving our rush just that extra beat to get home. (I know that's not PSU specific, but just a general note for us Auburn fans.)

The pass rush generated by both teams will probably be significant that's why I don't Auburn's game plan is going to be to throw often. I think we'll work to stay ahead of the chains and be opportunistic in the passing game. Bobo has a knack for dialing up shot plays at the right time. He killed Auburn with that when he was with UGA.

Like you said, if it comes down to who can run the ball better, I like our chances.

BTW - when we're on defense, just watch #9 he'll take you to the ball.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

last top 10 road win...really insane how that 13-14 offense functioned looking back. either a 1-3 yard play or a 20+ yard play 

Ah, Gus with a QB he didn’t have to develop…

17 minutes ago, cbo said:

If Auburn loses there will only be one person to blame

Bo Nix.

No matter the out come