Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does nobody find it the least bit ironic the judgement of " church folk" on clothing? Funny stuff as always.

Oh, I love the irony behind some certain types of church folks' massive hypocrisy.  I see it all the time.  Though, a lot of church folk would tell you those hypocritical church folk are not "really" true church folk.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like I'm watching wrestling with people who think it's real. And with people who think it's entirely fake. And neither group can be convinced otherwise.

Ha ha.  This made me think of the late, great Andy Kaufman:  

• Love 2

the real question to be answered is where do you all stand on the great fried chicken debate...

Zaxby's v Guthries v Chickfila v Foosacks

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

the real question to be answered is where do you all stand on the great fried chicken debate...

I’m already you will find hypocrisy within chicken social circles also.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not saying this as a slam because i do not doubt the pants thing but mrs harsin wears a ton of makeup and one of the first pictures posted of her at auburn  gave her a raccoon look. now i am not attacking her and she is free to do and wear pretty much what she wants but to me the pants and makeup stuff just do not appear to jive. if a woman is fussy about pants she would be fussy about makeup it would seem. it is that way with all the ladies i have know over the years. maybe it is a more rigid thing with their religion?

This is unbelievable. Just 2 years ago most was on Malzahn cause he didn't allow cussing and was considered goody 2 shoes. Now some folks in town are up in arms about the way the Harsin females dress.. Man being and Auburn fan is priceless... Let the man start winning and folks in town won't care what the Harsin ladies wear.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

If only Auburn had a Canes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

The church ladies that don't like Kes Harsin are saying that Kes Harsin hates it here and wants to leave. Guaranteed they're leaving 

Reckon the church ladies are gossiping at the beauty shop on Fridays , when they are getting their hair fixed?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m already you will find hypocrisy within chicken social circles also.

Is Church's Chicken preferred by the church ladies set?  ... ... I'll let myself out.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I wanted to include Canes being from Texas buuuuut I knew most of the folks on here that live in Alabama probably hadn't had it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I wanted to include Canes being from Texas buuuuut I knew most of the folks on here that live in Alabama probably hadn't had it.

What I want to know is why did you call it a fried chicken debate and then list a bunch of places that only serve boneless white meat? I have serious concerns about you. 

Anyway, the grownups are headed to Popeye's. Anyone who asks for honey mustard gets left on the side of the road. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What I want to know is why did you call it a fried chicken debate and then list a bunch of places that only serve boneless white meat? I have serious concerns about you. 

Anyway, the grownups are headed to Popeye's. Anyone who asks for honey mustard gets left on the side of the road. 

chicken fingers with comeback sauce >>>> fried bone in chicken from fast-food places (IMO. FastFood bone in tends to be dry AF)

obviously, homemade bone in fried chick >>> all other forms...

Edited by Didba

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

chicken fingers with comeback sauce >>>> fried bone in chicken from fast-food places (IMO. FastFood bone in tends to be dry AF)

obviously, homemade bone in fried chick >>> all other forms...

Well, at least now we're fighting about something that matters.

I'll say this. Chick-Fil-A does not have a product that I will not absolutely dominate within 4-8 seconds of receiving it through the drive-thru window. I don't agree with calling it fried chicken, but I do agree with putting it on lists and then putting at the top of those lists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

From Day 1, Bruce broadcast his passion for the game, his belief in Auburn, and the importance he put on the fans. Now, fortunately, Bruce got results pretty quickly. But let's imagine Bruce had gotten off to a rough start, and by year 3 or 4 we were still struggling.

He didn’t get quick results. I posted this yesterday. Bruce had a losing record after 3 years and was 18-38 in SEC play. He was given a pass because few at AU cared about basketball like they do football at that time. But I still think it is important to note that the patience to let him rebuild his roster and culture is paying off big time. Maybe it’s time we learn more patience in football. Most of our fb coaches have a huge start then don’t sustain. I’m ready for a slower start and more sustainment.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

one of the first pictures posted of her at auburn  gave her a raccoon look. now i am not attacking her and she is free to do and wear pretty much what she wants but to me the pants and makeup stuff just do not appear to jive.

Not attacking someone while talking about her raccoon look? I’m curious about the context there. Care to explain? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Didba said:

Wanted to throw in PDQ for my FL folks, but I figured that one would fall on deaf ears.

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Oh, I love the irony behind some certain types of church folks' massive hypocrisy.  I see it all the time.  Though, a lot of church folk would tell you those hypocritical church folk are not "really" true church folk.

Yep.  My personal experience with 'church folk' is many are very judgmental and hypocritical.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Favorite dipping sauce. Sorry 

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Yes!!!!!!

I want to see a Cane’s come here to Auburn so I won’t have to drive to the one in Mobile, the one in Athens near UGA, or the one at Alabama at Paty Hall.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He didn’t get quick results. I posted this yesterday. Bruce had a losing record after 3 years and was 18-38 in SEC play. He was given a pass because few at AU cared about basketball like they do football at that time. But I still think it is important to note that the patience to let him rebuild his roster and culture is paying off big time. Maybe it’s time we learn more patience in football. Most of our fb coaches have a huge start then don’t sustain. I’m ready for a slower start and more sustainment.  

I disagree that lack of care was why Bruce got extra time. It didn't hurt that Bruce had a great resume and SEC experience. But like I said, Bruce was a salesman and he sold himself to Auburn. It's exactly why Harsin better do the same. 

Bruce definitely didn't get to where he is today at Auburn because people didn't care if he won or lost.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I disagree that lack of care was why Bruce got extra time. It didn't hurt that Bruce had a great resume and SEC experience. But like I said, Bruce was a salesman and he sold himself to Auburn. It's exactly why Harsin better do the same. 

Bruce definitely didn't get to where he is today at Auburn because people didn't care if he won or lost

Didn’t say people didn’t care if he won or lost. Just that they didn’t care as much about basketball as they did football and therefore were more patient. 

2 hours ago, Didba said:

This what happens when Christianity becomes a religion full of Holiness and Purity codes (Evangelicalism and Romanism), which is totally antithetical to Jesus.

To Borrow from St Paul:  When I was a child, I thought and acted as a child, but when I became a man, I put away childish things...like Evangelicalism, Romanism, Calvinism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not attacking someone while talking about her raccoon look? I’m curious about the context there. Care to explain? 

She wears a lot of makeup and to me it appears she has had some fairly extensive plastic surgery. Looks very Hollywood. To me. Not my speed but it's subjective so my opinion doesn't matter