Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

1 hour ago, soblfly said:

At some point we need patience to rebuild the program. If not under CBH then who? CBH is being judged by his ability to win with the leftovers from Gus. I think we should, at least, give him the opportunity to succeed or fail with his players and his staff. 

I agree, but if i were you I'd expect the criticisms to continue until some progress in the program becomes obviously apparent.

I don't know that anyone  can for sure say that AU football is in a better place today than it was the day Harsin got hired. 

Maybe it is and we'll see the tree bear fruit down the line, but until we start to see progress and stability, grumbling and questions from fans will be common.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The most auburn thing to happen is all this turnover and somehow, someway we have a successful season next year. This is such a weird scenario though. It is bizarre too because Pete Carrol and RW praised this guy. It would look weak as hell, if he ran now.

Very well could’ve been that they, Carroll, wanted him to move on so he gave him a glowing recommendation.  I’ve done it when I didn’t want to fire the person but also didn’t want them around.  Eventually they apply for a new job, when those folks call, I act like the person is irreplaceable.  Or Davis simply was holding a spot until something else popped up.  

i thought it odd that a guy with NFL experience only, suddenly wanted a college job.  Something didn’t feel right with the hire.  Anyway back to the show.  It’s entertaining if nothing else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

So in your opinion why is he stepping away?

Why would someone in this business just 'suddenly realize' the timeline requirements of this job. Who knows what the real reason is. But taking time for family sounds like cover.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No doubt.  Board destroyed any and all motivation Tubs had.  He quit when Saban came in.  Gene turned into a frantic lunatic scared of his own shadow and destroyed the program after winning a Natty.  Gus took the most good will anyone could build in year 1, never changed his offense, wouldn't listen to anyone, but was BFFs with the big money they couldn't hold back their money boners after he beat Bama & UGA during a 5 loss season and ultimately cost us 20-30 million in buyouts.

And now we have rumors that the PTB hates Harsin and will not give him any of their money for NIL.  Great work everyone.  Well played Auburn.

Hahah... money boners... I am a child.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm sure he's taking time off just like Mason was taking time off.

If he's truly dealing with personal issues to the point where he needs to be a no-show at a lucrative new job, i hope he gets his issues settled soon.    If, on the other hand, he takes a job with Kiffin......

Is it me, or does the statement seem like kind of a cop out? I have some weird feeling he’s going to be on someone else’s staff in 2 weeks saying that he changed his mind.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

So it saying personal reasons. Which could mean a lot of things and open for interpretation. However, if he takes a job somewhere else other than the pros that would be very interesting. Either way gotta roll with it through the 2022 season. Even signing day isn’t looking as promising as before. At least there is basketball for a distraction. 

I have no clue why Davis actually quit. I do know his statement tells us nothing. The "spend more time with my family" bit is about as standard as it gets. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes he is already on the staff. It will just be Eric.

BY GAWD THATS COACH KIESEAU'S MUSIC

walk-like-a-boss.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So in your opinion why is he stepping away?

I don't know.  I'm not going to be shocked if he has a job shortly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

I have no clue why Davis actually quit. I do know his statement tells us nothing. The "spend more time with my family" bit is about as standard as it gets. 

Yeah, the rest of his statement feels a lot like the time that girl backed out of my date offer only to see her at the party with another dude later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yep, take time off with the family for 2 weeks until I find another coaching job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I should say that I won't be at that level when the season starts. That will be the difference. I do believe in Harsin's ability to maximize the available talent, which obviously Gus couldn't do. 

It's just hard to imagine this offseason offering less to be excited about. 

This right here, we knew what we'd get year in and year out offensively with Gus.  One of my biggest reasons he needed to be fired was his inability to evolve his scheme as defenses figured it out.  With Harsin you get a complex offensive scheme unlike anything we have seen at Auburn since Tubbs.  It's a plus but it only goes so far.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

you mean in 2 days?  Probably will hear something before spring practice.

If it’s going to be a guy from the staff, no need to wait that long. Might as well do it now

1 hour ago, VAtiger12 said:

I mean ideally someone who is actually rebuilding the program? What would be the point in riding out 4 years with someone who is not taking us in a positive direction? That would be very damaging to us with the current SEC landscape. 

We had a great defense, and needed a new offensive philosophy/identity. Right now, the offense might be worse than it was under Gus. (Actually did break a record for futility at A&M this year) 

The offensive scheme is billions times better than it was under Gus.  Emphasis on scheme and not just offense.

@icanthearyou Please give me your breakdown that explains how Gus's offensive scheme is better/more complex than Harsin's?

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

CBH vilified Cornelious? The fans total made major assumptions on how it went there to the point of saying coach corn was insubordinate.

Unfortunately, that's how it goes on message boards -- someone speculates, then others run with it?  Btw, has anyone heard of where Cornelious Williams landed after he departed AU?  

2 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Unfortunately, that's how it goes on message boards -- someone speculates, then others run with it?  Btw, has anyone heard of where Cornelious Williams landed after he departed AU?  

That’s a good question . I’ve heard little since he mysteriously separated 

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Btw, has anyone heard of where Cornelious Williams landed after he departed AU?  

He's enjoying some work-free 300k pay check right now.  Can't blame him

Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

Ok.  Maybe Harsin can shoot the creed over to future applicants.  It says it right there.

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't know.  I'm not going to be shocked if he has a job shortly.

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t.

He should have been vetted better. It looks bad, but CBH was going to run the offense. So we won’t be revamping the offense at all. So from that stand point it doesn’t hurt as much.

Better he gets out now , we can recover from it before spring 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Is it me, or does the statement seem like kind of a cop out? I have some weird feeling he’s going to be on someone else’s staff in 2 weeks saying that he changed his mind.

While I want to give AD the benefit of any doubt, I’m thinking that I smell a rat…

Edited by gctiger

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

He’ll be back in the NFL in no time, like we’ve suspected. Recruiting isn’t for everyone, and it’s one of the reasons many coaches leave for, or remain in the NFL. But this is just a bad look all the way around. For him, for Harsin, for Auburn.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cbo said:

Possibly. But if it's serious mental stuff, Davis ain't gonna Say "Folks I'm bout to crack up and want to jump off nearest bridge". Don't work that way

• Like 1