Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, Auburn02 said:

It's no wonder these threads go 100+ pages with about 3 pages of actual meaningful content.

(as I contribute to the problem 😬 )

The nice part is you can read any 3 pages and you pretty much know everything anyone else does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I have thought about donating and joining doner board.. Is the donation not worth it IYO?

Its worth it especially with what's going on now jmo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Honestly, if I were from Boise and they just cut my legs out from underneath me while I was on vaca, then told me they would give me $15 mil to walk away, hard to stick around where you aren't liked. 

They used former players and social media to set this up and propagate it.  Shameful. This is worse than jetgate.

If true and this is all fabricated and contrived, his buyout will be nothing compare to the judgement he gets in the defamation lawsuit (and that would not be paid by the University). This is why, without any data one way or the other, logic and reason leads me to discount this scenario.

People with money are generally smart and they understand that as # of people in a conspiracy increases, the odds of getting caught go up exponentially. Every person you bring into the conspiracy owns you. It only works for the REC because they threaten the lives and family of co-conspirators or anyone else who rats them out (Insert Sarcasm sign here).

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

It's because if we get to page 300, Lache Seastrunk will be our next coach.

There it is, I was waiting for the seastrunk reference 😂

If he really did decline a settlement, that is the worst case for the BoT. Lose/lose for them. Either they pay a full buyout in back to back years and become a national joke or go for cause. It WILL get ugly for them if they go for cause. Even if it's justified, there will be court, depositions, interviews, etc. Things will be exposed publicly 

Regardless of how this turns out I am just disgusted with people. No matter what the truth is, this thing has been handled like children. I don’t care what anyone says, this was not handled in a way that had Auburns or the student athletes best interest at heart. We talk about that being what really matters, well it may matter to us but it doesn’t matter to the people in charge. 

• Like 6

If Harsin feels he did nothing wrong other than a debate about the program’s progress, then the worst thing he could do is accept a package.  It implies mutual fault  and may  damage future career opportunities.  Plus there’s the payday, plus he feels like a “it’s the principle of the thing” guy. He may be flawed, but a guy  with a resolved moral compass is difficult to wheel and deal with.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

If he really did decline a settlement, that is the worst case for the BoT. Lose/lose for them. Either they pay a full buyout in back to back years and become a national joke or go for cause. It WILL get ugly for them if they go for cause. Even if it's justified, there will be court, depositions, interviews, etc. Things will be exposed publicly 

I didn't hear it, but I'm seeing other places say CC reported he turned down the opportunity to resign.  Not a buyout.

IIRC this is basically the same opportunity given to Pruitt before he got fired for cause. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Everybody...please read the whole post. I said this is what a source told me. I personally didn't say it because I don't know it to be true just like a lot of posters don't know what they are posting to be true. My bad for the confusion I guess. In any event I'm through with it and will just sit back and wait for the truth to hopefully unfold.

You’re lucky I don’t care about the donor side but you should just donate to the board for spreading this bull****

Edited by Taco
  • Dislike 2

29 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Everybody...please read the whole post. I said this is what a source told me. I personally didn't say it because I don't know it to be true just like a lot of posters don't know what they are posting to be true. My bad for the confusion I guess. In any event I'm through with it and will just sit back and wait for the truth to hopefully unfold.

You did apologize, but dang why did you post it if you don't know if it's true? That's an assault on someone's marriage, family, character, career aspirations, ability to recruit. It's freakin' toxic.

• Like 1

Statement from Auburn University

The Auburn administration is judiciously collecting information from a variety of perspectives, including our student-athletes, and moving swiftly to understand any issues in accordance with university policies and procedures. Decisions regarding the future of Auburn and its Athletics programs, as always, are made in the interests of our great university and in fairness to all concerned. We do not make institutional decisions based on social media posts or media headlines.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

You did apologize, but dang why did you post it if you don't know if it's true? That's an assault on someone's marriage, family, character, career aspirations, ability to recruit. It's freakin' toxic.

Because he wanted to act like any of the insiders that have knowledge were just spreading bull**** and he decided to do it himself to make a point. 

Nobody’s telling anybody to listen to anyone that says that have some knowledge, but you’re a piece of **** if you think it’s cool to make up or even spread rumors about another coach because you felt like it. 

Sorry I’m getting worked up when I should be working and not lurking 

• Dislike 1

I don't know what to believe and what not to believe anymore.  It really is hard being an Auburn football fan sometimes.  Regardless of the outcome AU looks bad.  It's embarrassing. Why not have an AD manage all sports except football.  Let the BoT or PTB run the football program.  We might as well, because they pretty much run it now or they undermine it if they don't get their way.  This whole situation makes me sick.  

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Statement from Auburn University

The Auburn administration is judiciously collecting information from a variety of perspectives, including our student-athletes, and moving swiftly to understand any issues in accordance with university policies and procedures. Decisions regarding the future of Auburn and its Athletics programs, as always, are made in the interests of our great university and in fairness to all concerned. We do not make institutional decisions based on social media posts or media headlines.

He gone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Oh if we could fast forward 2 days... Everyone would see how much time we wasted trying to direct this situation

Wtf is this supposed to mean?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Oh if we could fast forward 2 days... Everyone would see how much time we wasted trying to disect this situation

Nah we need to get to 100 pages first

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

To be fair to Tennessee they're in a much more stable position than Auburn is right now. 

I agree but they weren’t when he went in as interim HC.

edit: I would also add that they are stable now with a not very popular choice at HC from UCF. They are giving him time and he seems to be slowly rebuilding the brand.

Edited by Hank2020