New Program GM and Scouting/Development Director

au302

10 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

because it is well documented that we have to many meddlers behind the scenes.

Gossip and innuendo is not documentation. People claim the "PTB" mess things up, but there hasn't been a smidgen of proof since jetgate and that was 19 years ago.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Carnell said:

During the recruiting process, it is against NCAA RULES to even mention NlL much less sign them to a contract.  NCAA made that determination a couple of months ago.  So for those schools that are offering NIL contracts during the recruiting process is violating NCAA rules and Auburn by not offering contracts is operating within the rules.

Mack Brown encouraged a recruit to commit to another school for the NIL money: 'You ought to take it'

The NIL is changing everything in the world of college football recruiting. The money being …

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Didba said:

Negative recruiting coming from opposing coaches really having an impact imo

What does an opposing coach actually say to a prospect to paint a negative view of  Auburn?

As sad as it is, all an opposing coach has to do is point to the headlines in February & the last 5 games of the '21 season.  There's not need to utter a single word or try to plant doubt in a recruits head about the status of the Auburn program. 🤢

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

What does an opposing coach actually say to a prospect to paint a negative view of  Auburn?

That's easy......tell them to visit AUFamily web site......sorry couldn't resist

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

As sad as it is, all an opposing coach has to do is point to the headlines in February & the last 5 games of the '21 season.  There's not need to utter a single word or try to plant doubt in a recruits head about the status of the Auburn program. 🤢

Or tell the recruits to compare who got drafted from each school over the last 6ish seasons. Not much for AU to point towards since Brown and Marlon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two W-L record scenarios probably keep Harsin at AU next year…7-5 and 8-4.  All other scenarios mean he’s either fired or bolts for another job.  The negative recruiting is easy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, au302 said:

It may be, but would be very forward thinking and make sense. An On3 insider is saying that he's a joint hire by Hars and Burgess. Literally a football GM. He is there to help Hars succeed, but in the event Hars fails, he will help Burgess conduct the next search, like a GM of an NFL team would do. Seems plausible to me

I remember listening to a Chris Landry podcast back in 17 or 18 and he was talking about Ed Os issues and how college programs needed to bring in professional talent evaluaters for players and hiring coaches. I believe I shared those ideas with the board back then because Gus certainly could have used the help. They could have been used to help find Gus's replacement too. Dont get me wrong, I still like Harsin, but maybe if we had that in place we would have a different head coach right now or atleast maybe he would have started out with a better cast of assistants. Either way Im glad we're doing it now.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I remember listening to a Chris Landry podcast back in 17 or 18 and he was talking about Ed Os issues and how college programs needed to bring in professional talent evaluaters for players and hiring coaches. I believe I shared those ideas with the board back then because Gus certainly could have used the help. They could have been used to help find Gus's replacement too. Dont get me wrong, I still like Harsin, but maybe if we had that in place we would have a different head coach right now or atleast maybe he would have started out with a better cast of assistants. Either way Im glad we're doing it now.

CBH started out with seasoned SEC coaches/assistants and I thought at the time it was great.  His initial staff had years of SEC/recruiting experience with Mason as a former SEC HC and Friend/Bobo the SEC territories.  We'll see if these Boise guys can do better real soon. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Or tell the recruits to compare who got drafted from each school over the last 6ish seasons. Not much for AU to point towards since Brown and Marlon

I will respectfully disagree regarding NFL players. Auburn is like 4 or 5 most players in the NFL out of 12 teams if u are using the 6year metrics.

This year should be a minimum of 4 that gets drafted 

Edited by e808

45 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

CBH started out with seasoned SEC coaches/assistants and I thought at the time it was great.  His initial staff had years of SEC/recruiting experience with Mason as a former SEC HC and Friend/Bobo the SEC territories.  We'll see if these Boise guys can do better real soon. 

Aside from Bobo I thought he did too however maybe an evaluator would have seen that maybe these guys philosophies werent in sync and other options would have been presented. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will respectfully disagree regarding NFL players. Auburn is like 4 or 5 most players in the NFL out of 12 teams if u are using the 6year metrics.

Sounds about right.....behind all our rivals and the top tier SEC schools. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone gets negative recruited against. You got to be a good enough recruiter to overcome it. Last 2 coaches a lot of the recruiting excuses were about negative recruiting…

Well yeah, but there are zero teams besides Auburn that supplied the best ammunition negative recruiters can use.

"Harsin won't be at Auburn next season. Did you see what their admin tried to pull? Kirby is here to stay. Save yourself from the transfer portal after Harsin is fired and come to UGA now" 

Other school's have coaches on the hot seat sure. We are the only school that was scrambling to find a for cause reason to fire and it was national news, everyone was talking about how crazy s*** is at auburn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Opposing coaches can just say:     

"oh Harsin? yeah I can see why you like him, too bad AU is gonna fire him after next season, you saw how they tried this past offseason. 

My man, you can go play for Harsin for one year but after he is fired you have no clue who that admin will be able to convince to be head coach at AU. 

However, here, Kirby/Jimbo/Dabo aren't going anywhere. I am just looking out for you. Harsin is done at AU. Plus, did you see how their season ended? Save yourself from the transfer portal next january just come win national championships with me."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Depends on the position, imo.

Prototypical NFL level WRs and QBs haven't been coming to Auburn for a minute. We get one into the league every once in a while.

Defensive players? Yeah we put alot in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Depends on the position, imo.

Prototypical NFL level WRs and QBs haven't been coming to Auburn for a minute. We get one into the league every once in a while.

Defensive players? Yeah we put alot in the league.

True, I was just saying overall it isn’t as bad as it appears. Last year would have been similar to previous years if some didn’t chose to return 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Sounds about right.....behind all our rivals and the top tier SEC schools. 

No biggie . The others are state schools and will have first shot at most recruits. Auburn has proven throughout the years u don’t need  all just some to compete.

19 minutes ago, e808 said:

Auburn has proven throughout the years u don’t need  all just some to compete.

You need more to win. Competing is getting old.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You need more to win. Competing is getting old.

Auburn just needs to get their share. With development and system they will just fine. Auburn has already proven it. Unless those other state schools really fall off. IMO any where around the top 10. 

For example Auburn had a championship level defense for many years but it was squandered away because the offense wasn’t up to par. There was talent. The system was bad

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I can't speak to what happened to Mack Brown but the NCAA has stated that offering or even talking about a NIL contract to a recruit is an impermissible benefit.  Furthermore the NCAA has defined NIL collectives as boosters.  So if Auburn (or Auburn NIL collective) or any  other institution offers a NIL contract to a recruit, it has violated NCAA rules. 

Edited by Carnell
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Carnell said:

So if Auburn (or Auburn NIL collective) or any  other institution offers a NIL contract to a recruit, it has violated NCAA rules. 

Very true. Unfortunately the NCAA has firmly established that certain schools will be held accountable for breaking rules, others won’t. Schools on probation for football include Akron, Pitt, and USF. The FCS schools on probation include FAMU, Jackson State, and Alabama A&M. If you’re UAT or UGA, no worries. The NCAA has your back. I have a strong feeling the NIL enforcement will be handled the same way. A select few upper tier programs will get away with murder and low profile schools (and HCBUs) will be sacrificed to give the appearance that there’s a real system of justice in place. It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Very true. Unfortunately the NCAA has firmly established that certain schools will be held accountable for breaking rules, others won’t. Schools on probation for football include Akron, Pitt, and USF. The FCS schools on probation include FAMU, Jackson State, and Alabama A&M. If you’re UAT or UGA, no worries. The NCAA has your back. I have a strong feeling the NIL enforcement will be handled the same way. A select few upper tier programs will get away with murder and low profile schools (and HCBUs) will be sacrificed to give the appearance that there’s a real system of justice in place. It’s ridiculous. 

I agree with you so I believe the answer is for those smaller schools to sue the NCAA and hope to get that portion of the NCAA rule vacated also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

The NCAA has already been neutered on the NIL subject matter. They have no control over it since it was a congressional act

• Like 1

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

The NCAA has already been neutered on the NIL subject matter. They have no control over it since it was a congressional act

I agree, but they’re still pretending. I’m hoping that the NCAA is on late stage life support. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Yeah, NCAA basically has zero enforcement powers over NIL infractions

5 hours ago, e808 said:

No biggie . The others are state schools and will have first shot at most recruits. Auburn has proven throughout the years u don’t need  all just some to compete.

That was before NIL and conference expansion. Times are changing and Auburn better get it going soon or we truly will be a basketball/baseball school. We may need to reconfigure Jordan-Hare to accommodate a baseball diamond. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1