Psu post game

gr82b4au

31 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Some perspective 

Bryan Kelly, a top 10 big name coach. LSU is a top 10 program and won a natty two years ago. The team is inexperienced in compared areas but has some high quality players. Record is 1-1 and currently  struggling at home against the cow bells. 

They did open with FSU and now are playing in a close conference game 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Council and Trox have about 8 surgeries between them and move like 80 year-old men.  Tate J is 6'2" 250. Gus' 0-line recruiting is killing us. 

Poor Troxell just looks awful, can’t even move. I feel bad for him, he’s trying, but when he’s the best we’ve got😬

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

They did open with FSU and now are playing in a close conference game 

I understand that. Point. Auburn has more problems than the HC. A big name hire will struggle here just like at LSU 

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Poor Troxell just looks awful, can’t even move. I feel bad for him, he’s trying, but when he’s the best we’ve got😬

Hadn’t had a decent Oline class in over 7 years

• Like 1

Strategy Question....

Everyone ITT knows Manny Diaz over to blitz a ton. It's been his MO for a while. 

We didn't throw any quick passes or screens until the 3rd and we went all Ashford. 

Seems like having some quick passes or screens earlier in the game were desperately needed to stop the rush....or maybe a hot route

38 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

We do not have the horses to race some of these teams and until we get them at every position it doesn't matter who is on the sidelines.  That is what was evident today, no scheme was going to do it, we got whuppped.     We need Calzada or Holden in to give some hope to the QB position.  Our current guys, too scared and too hesitant.  This whole group of players have underwhelmed for more than 2 seasons so maybe we just need to win the ones we can and hopefully get some players in for the future.  I will be cheering them on as I have through every season good or bad because I am an AU fan, win or lose!

Thank you. We don't have a schematic issue. We mostly have a LOS (OL/DL) issue, and a speed issue in other areas. 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

I understand that. Point. Auburn has more problems than the HC. A big name hire will struggle here just like at LSU 

I know what u trying to say but because of the amount of games and the competition a little to early to tell. Respectfully 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes but he can recruit. If you lose a bunch of games this year but have top talent coming in, at least you have hope. 

This will be the main question to be answered by CBH. Can he recruit to be competitve in the SEC?

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Hadn’t had a decent Oline class in over 7 years

Told my brothers exactly that earlier today. Patchworks of transfers, JUCOs, etc. no legitimate HS OL class for actually 8-9 years at this point

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

I know what u trying to say but because of the amount of games and the competition a little to early to tell. Respectfully 

Sure. Kelly may get it right but we may beat them in two weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️. Doubtful we will though.  

I was confident we would loose this one but not like this but  

Edited by GreenTiger

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Told my brothers exactly that earlier today. Patchworks of transfers, JUCOs, etc. no legitimate HS OL class for actually 8-9 years at this point

I caught on to this with Gus VERY early. I use to gripe all the time about it. I think that people don’t understand the importance of an offensive line until it hits them right in the face. Kind of like we are realizing this first hand right now. I wanted to avoid this badly but here we are. I don’t care about all the gadget players. Give me the TRENCHES. Offensive Line. Defensive Line. The last decent linemen we picked up was Calvin Ashley and you know how that ended. We had to convert and build Prince Tega from scratch. He was a hell of a player but we shouldn’t have to rely on consistently building players like that as our main source of funding our trenches. Not recruiting the Oline can set your program back for YEARS.

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Hot take: the orange jersey fake out is the analogy of the Harsin era. Big build up to fall flat. What a cluster.Cue the…”but who would we get?” and the …”but we have to give Harsin more time for stability” crowd.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I feel fine. I knew we weren't going to win before the game started. I couldn't understand why everyone seemed so excited about our two wins against lessor opponents. Did you think we were all of a sudden play fantastic football? So let's fire the coach. This is not what I wanted. This is what the fan base wanted. Fire the coach and hire a new one. So deal with it fan base. Give the guy the time he needs. Support him! We can't get any worse. 

3 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Sure. Kelly may get it right but we may beat them in two weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️. Doubtful we will though.  

I was confident we would loose this one but not like this but  

I am shocked at the fashion of the loss as well. Very head scratching but it’s one loss as bad as it looks. All eyes move toward Missouri now

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yep some folks still wonder why our offenses suck and want to blame the QB.  It's really not that hard.  We need quality OL's and lots of them.

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Hot take: the orange jersey fake out is the analogy of the Harsin era. Big build up to fall flat. What a cluster.Cue the…”but who would we get?” and the …”but we have to give Harsin more time for stability” crowd.

At least we didn’t get blown out wearing orange jerseys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I am shocked at the fashion of the loss as well. Very head scratching but it’s one loss as bad as it looks. All eyes move toward Missouri now

Yeah. The D has been a real disappointment for me. The offense was going to struggle. We new that. No surprise there. I really thought the D from the bama game was going to be the culture moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

Many of our OL recruits have been 4-stars. But they have been busts.

We have a serious problem at evaluating talent. Our 4-stars are under-performing 2-stars in the Group of Five and FCS schools.

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

But…..how would things have turned out today if we *had* come out in orange jerseys 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

We are just gonna say the same thing here 😂 fire Harsin. 

I'm just going to say what I said When Auburn hired Gus, he had no business being hired in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

@Didbamike leach? Heck no . You just need to get on the hugh freeze train.

I am on it.

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif.27d217c7b2048189c0f459bfef486c5d.gif

• Love 1