For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Interviewing, offering and accepting are three different things. And i know neither can come without the other. I believe he is setting the table for his eventual move, getting a feel for offers, building relationships, etc. But as I was told someone would have to make him a GODFATHER like offer to leave, and I hope Auburn makes that type of offer because it’s the only thing that will pull him away 🤷🏽‍♂️

Considering the top tier most well-paid HCs make north of 10M/year now, I don't believe AU would have an issue paying that since it is the new norm. Is that GODFATHER enough for him? Only he can answer that and no one else.

The only guarantee I've got is he will interview if requested. The rest (offer & acceptance) are in the hands of the few people in the interview room. Everyone else is outside looking in.

I've walked into interviews before with different motives. I hate my job/boss and if you're offering, when do I start? Or I'm happy where I'm at, but you recruited me, so show me why I belong here, then make me an offer I can't refuse.

Deion is used to being recruited to somewhere all of his life. He relishes the flattery. This will be no different.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 10:26 PM, augolf1716 said:

No no he has a chance some former players are starting to back him

Got it; sorry.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, PoetTiger said:

Just like he is reiterating what he is hearing I am doing the same. I think you are missing the point of what Prime is doing to get JSU and  HBCU’s back to the forefront and more visible for athletes who would have traditionally chosen Power 5 schools. It’s something of great importance to him, and I am told he is committed to seeing that through. If he is comfortable that he has done that then yes I can see him moving on, but what I am hearing is outside of a Godfather like offer, he is staying put. 

And now more P5 talk from Prime himself...

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/10/03/deion-sanders-says-being-mentioned-for-power-five-jobs-is-game-changer/

The college football head coaching rumor mill is in full spin, and no name is hotter than Deion Sanders.

The Jackson State head coach has reportedly been tossed around for Power Five jobs like Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Auburn to name a few. Sanders was asked how he felt about his name being connected with such high-level jobs Monday on the SWAC Media call. 

“I think this may be the first time — historically — that a Black man has been mentioned in that aspect at the rate that we’ve been mentioned. Ever,” Sanders told the media. “I’m happy. I’m elated that colleges would feel as though I got it. I know what I’m doing. That’s a blessing man.”

You gotta understand because I’m all about elevation, I’m all about going to the next level. So to be mentioned is unbelievable. It coincides with what I’ve been preaching since I the day I arrive. I believe. I believe in changing the game. Just to be mentioned is a game changer.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Viper said:

And now more P5 talk from Prime himself...

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/10/03/deion-sanders-says-being-mentioned-for-power-five-jobs-is-game-changer/

The college football head coaching rumor mill is in full spin, and no name is hotter than Deion Sanders.

The Jackson State head coach has reportedly been tossed around for Power Five jobs like Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Auburn to name a few. Sanders was asked how he felt about his name being connected with such high-level jobs Monday on the SWAC Media call. 

“I think this may be the first time — historically — that a Black man has been mentioned in that aspect at the rate that we’ve been mentioned. Ever,” Sanders told the media. “I’m happy. I’m elated that colleges would feel as though I got it. I know what I’m doing. That’s a blessing man.”

You gotta understand because I’m all about elevation, I’m all about going to the next level. So to be mentioned is unbelievable. It coincides with what I’ve been preaching since I the day I arrive. I believe. I believe in changing the game. Just to be mentioned is a game changer.

As I have said time and again, we need a game changer and someone who understands what college football is about, which is promoting your school brand and taking advantage of NIL. How can you cannot listen to Deion and realize how much potential he has? I understand the concerns, but I’ll say it again: his ceiling is the highest among any other coach people have mentioned on this board and it’s not even close. You think that Smart and Saban would be worried about Kiffin or Aranda or Grimes outrecruiting them? Hell no. Now, imagine a scenario in which Deion has the last visit with a 5 star recruit? That would definitely make those two coaches worried. What I’m saying is that Auburn needs to do something radical band recognize potential and realize what Deion could bring to our program…

• Like 4
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Short memories. Sanders periodically comes out with disparaging rants about women. In the age of Kavanaugh, how has that skated?

This has not been brought up, that I've seen. Please provide sourcing and an analysis of the periodicity in either frequency- or time-space.

I just watched his post game presser from last night about the incident involving Eddie Robinson Jr and the end of the game shake. I watched Eddie first and then Coach Prime. Can you imagine the absolute fire this man would bring to any program? Auburn needs a fire a huge fire and Prime can bring it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 2

Where's @cole at?

We bout to sign Coach Prime or not?

I can drop some cash and have 10,000 chinese bots spamming his social media to "Come to Auburn" if we need to go that route. :lol: 

• Love 2

If you watch his interviews and press conferences and not see that he has the “IT” factor then you just have blind bad hatred for him. The things he could do at Auburn would be program changing. I also know prominent people in Auburn want to interview him at the very least…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

If you watch his interviews and press conferences and not see that he has the “IT” factor then you just have blind bad hatred for him. The things he could do at Auburn would be program changing. I also know prominent people in Auburn want to interview him at the very least…

Deion is just that. He is on the ticker of ESPN. Solely because of his comments. I truly believe that scares certain folks in the background.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Deion is just that. He is on the ticker of ESPN. Solely because of his comments. I truly believe that scares certain folks in the background.

And as I’ve said before, I understand the hesitation. But still, if you can’t see the potential he has then you know nothing about coaching . He’s more than a recruiter. He has literally built Jackson State as the premier program in the SWAC within 3 years. He also has one of the best staffs in college football littered with NFL guys. Imagine the resources and staff he could bring to Auburn. Again, I get the risk. He could be a Jamarcus Russell or he could be a Cam Newton. I would hate to see a program get their Cam Newton and have to play against him knowing we could have had a chance…

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 7:59 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Short memories. Sanders periodically comes out with disparaging rants about women. In the age of Kavanaugh, how has that skated?

Age of Kavanaugh? 

And as I’ve said before, I understand the hesitation. But still, if you can’t see the potential he has then you know nothing about coaching . He’s more than a recruiter. He has literally built Jackson State as the premier program in the SWAC within 3 years. He also has one of the best staffs in college football littered with NFL guys. Imagine the resources and staff he could bring to Auburn. Again, I get the risk. He could be a Jamarcus Russell or he could be a Cam Newton. I would hate to see a program get their Cam Newton and have to play against him knowing we could have had a chance…

I don't understand the hesitation. That is just some EGO stuff, IMO.

• Like 1

Certain people have that “it” factor and he absolutely does. Fortunately he learned how to use that gift for good years ago. This is a generational type of opportunity imo and there are already rumblings at FSU

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He would do wonders here 

I think the recruiting alone would blow minds. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I don't understand the hesitation. That is just some EGO stuff, IMO.

Because he would be a risky hire to them. Auburn PTB like to play safe. Also, as you’ve pointed out, they would hate to know that Deion would be the center of attention at Auburn and don’t want that. All ego really. The same was at Bammer until he started winning and recruiting like he did and now they could care less that Saban gets all of the attention. Maybe for once we should follow their footsteps and put our egos aside and hire someone who could bring relevance to our program immediately…

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Certain people have that “it” factor and he absolutely does. Fortunately he learned how to use that gift for good years ago. This is a generational type of opportunity imo and there are already rumblings at FSU

Exactly. And that’s what I’m afraid of. Norvell will be let go if he loses a couple of more games. Then FSU will hire Deion and now we would really struggle in recruiting. It makes too much sense not to do this, but again, it’s Auburn, where logic and reasoning is hard to come by…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Because he would be a risky hire to them. Auburn PTB like to play safe. Also, as you’ve pointed out, they would hate to know that Deion would be the center of attention at Auburn and don’t want that. All ego really. The same was at Bammer until he started winning and recruiting like he did and now they could care less that Saban gets all of the attention. Maybe for once we should follow their footsteps and put our egos aside and hire someone who could bring relevance to our program immediately…

It’s been said more than once that the PTB are stepping out of the way of this hire. Could it be after the rumors of Freeze and the instant pushback front many of the fan base?

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Exactly. And that’s what I’m afraid of. Norvell will be let go if he loses a couple of more games. Then FSU will hire Deion and now we would really struggle in recruiting. It makes too much sense not to do this, but again, it’s Auburn, where logic and reasoning is hard to come by…

Many wanted Sanders when Norvell was hired but understandably so there was questions wether Sanders was ready then

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

It’s been said more than once that the PTB are stepping out of the way of this hire. Could it be after the rumors of Freeze and the instant pushback front many of the fan base?

I don’t know about that part. I do know that Freeze is not an option. Dr. Roberts would never approve of that hire after a simple background check and the backlash he would get. As for the hiring process, I do know that Dr. Roberts will hire an AD, who will be given the authority to hire who he wants. Now, who influences him the most is another question. We have to hope whoever is the AD “cough, Hartwell, cough “ will make his own decisions..

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Many wanted Sanders when Norvell was hired but understandably so there was questions wether Sanders was ready then

Oh I know. I have a few friends who are FSU donor guys and already tell me that they are going to make a run at Deion sooner rather than later. I joke with them saying we’ll beat them to the punch, and they said if we got Deion, we would immediately be fighting UAT and UGA as the top dog. That’s from FSU people who hate Auburn…

• Thanks 1

I don’t know about that part. I do know that Freeze is not an option. Dr. Roberts would never approve of that hire after a simple background check and the backlash he would get. As for the hiring process, I do know that Dr. Roberts will hire an AD, who will be given the authority to hire who he wants. Now, who influences him the most is another question. We have to hope whoever is the AD “cough, Hartwell, cough “ will make his own decisions..

Supposedly Freeze was seen playing golf with some important people not long ago. That’s when it was rumored that he openly would leave liberty mid season to come here ( far fetched for me). Wether that actually happened or not I have no clue but I am convinced he’s lobbied for the job