Cameron Luper

CR

Please keep Cameron in your thoughts and Prayers. He suffered a head injury tonight and has loss of feeling in his left arm. He is currently at the hospital for tests.

Prayers sent for his health.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this as a PS on Reuben's thread before I saw this thread.

Cameron Luper went down on a very ugly and dirty play tonight in the first half and didn't come back. He is a really talented kid with speed, quickness, ability to turn on a dime and a very good overall vision of the field. On the play he was hurt, he had scrambled for a first down and then slid down rather than get tackled. Well, one of the OHS defenders (who was ejected from the game as a result) decided that wasn't good enough and speared him in the head on the ground. He was down for a very long time and it appeared he was knocked unconscious. He eventually got up and looked very woozy as he weaved his way with assistance back to the AHS locker room. I was thinking to myself that aTm might have had a few coaches at the game tonight since they would be in the area for the game tomorrow night and I bet they didn't like that scene any more than the rest of us.

I hope Cameron is OK. Yes he wanted to go to Texas, but it might also have been he did not see himself playing in Auburn's O. However, given Coach Luper is possibly not going to be at Auburn next year unless Petrino or our next HC keeps him is all the more reason for Cameron to go back to Texas to play and be around family.

War Eagle !

I asked his dad at Tiger Walk how he was and he said he was better. I did not see him on the sideline like I normally do at home games, but that's understandable after he most likely got a concussion last night.

• 2 months later...

As fast as Cam is could he be an option as our speed sweep back? It would be kinda weird having 3 Cams in one class though. :)

Update on Luper but via his twitter has decommitted from A&M.

@txsmde11

"I've officially just decommitted from Texas A&M University! I have too do what's best for me as a individual, thank you too all the coaches"

that's strange to me, "I have to do what's best for me". If it wasn't best for him to commit to TA&M, who was it best for?

@txsmde11

"I've officially just decommitted from Texas A&M University! I have too do what's best for me as a individual, thank you too all the coaches"

that's strange to me, "I have to do what's best for me". If it wasn't best for him to commit to TA&M, who was it best for?

The situation may have changed. It probably was best for him at the time of his commitment.

@txsmde11

The situation may have changed. It probably was best for him at the time of his commitment.

TAM has 9 WR committments which I'm sure Cam thought was excessive. Most people are speculating he'll go to TCU or TTech which will probably be a better situation for him.

TAM has 9 WR committments which I'm sure Cam thought was excessive.

This. Beat me to it. I have seen a couple recruits talking about the TAMU situation on twitter, funny stuff. One said "If you are a TAMU recruit be ready for that phone call saying we can't take you anymore" and another saying they had "100 commits." I'm glad kids are noticing this.

TAM has 9 WR committments which I'm sure Cam thought was excessive.

This. Beat me to it. I have seen a couple recruits talking about the TAMU situation on twitter, funny stuff. One said "If you are a TAMU recruit be ready for that phone call saying we can't take you anymore" and another saying they had "100 commits." I'm glad kids are noticing this.

I guess the prospect of having 2-3 years with Manziel in a wide-open offense is making TAMU a kind of decent opportunity for WRs.

As fast as Cam is could he be an option as our speed sweep back? It would be kinda weird having 3 Cams in one class though. :)

4 Cams... Cam Toney, Cam "Major" Payne, Cam Luper and Kam Melton. Works for me

I don't see him coming to Auburn, especially if Coach Luper takes a job at TCU. But... Tech with Kingsbury is quite attractive. Except that Lubbock is a terrible city.

Didn't Cam Luper commit to Texas A&M a few months ago?

He decommitted in the last couple days.

A&M has a ton of WR commits, and were planning to move Cameron to DB. He wants to play offense. He's considering Tech out of respect to Kingsbury but I think he ends up at TCU.

Archived