2016 4* TE Landon Rice (AU commit 11/20/13)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this Summer ...

BPqWYDhCAAE3taG.jpg

Adams is 6'4" and looks like he might have an inch on Landon in this picture. Not so sure if his listed height is quite accurate.

compare their eyes and nose. Rice's are higher

Has it come to this?

Just kidding. Camera perspective is important.

All jokes aside guys, this is a perfect example of an early commitment to take. He isn't going to get smaller or slower. Is an excellent student at a respected private school. Duh! Not one of the different schools every year, prima-dona types. Home Run here IMO. At worst you have a top OT.

6'6" 245-255 as a sophomore? Dang!

About my size back in the day

Senility strikes again!

He just misread the height as 5'6 instead of 6'6. :P

Big Dulley looking small next to a high school sophomore

Please tell me his shirt says "Top of the food chain". between that and the shirt he broke out on signing day, I think he may deserve the award for most creative attire.

Big Dulley looking small next to a high school sophomore

Please tell me his shirt says "Top of the food chain". between that and the shirt he broke out on signing day, I think he may deserve the award for most creative attire.

Nice catch. Love the idea of recruits seeing that message spread by current players, too.

• 7 months later...

Bump. I have a feeling this guy will be a lot like Deshaun Davis and Tyler Queen when it comes to recruiting for us. Read an article today about how he is locked in to AU and that he will not be looking around. War Eagle!

Bump. I have a feeling this guy will be a lot like Deshaun Davis and Tyler Queen when it comes to recruiting for us. Read an article today about how he is locked in to AU and that he will not be looking around. War Eagle!

Can you link it for the rest of the board to read?

Of course, it's an Al.com article but it's worth it! http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/4-star_tight_end_landon_rice_l.html

Of course, it's an Al.com article but it's worth it! http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/4-star_tight_end_landon_rice_l.html

I saw this one on BR, it's a pretty good article. Rice has really good size, he reminds me a bit of Uzomah. We could either bulk him up and line him up at H-back or trim him down and line him up at WR like we did with Uzomah in the spring game.

247 just put out a pretty good article on him too.

Some of the highlights from it:

...the 2016 Tigers tight end pledge recently transferred from Georgia’s Darlington School to state power Calhoun.

“It’s a bigger-time program, I’m playing against better competition and the offseason program is better,” Rice said. “A lot of guys around me are getting looks from Division I schools. At practice, guys are pushing you to get better. And that’s what I want to do — get better.”

Rice, who committed to Auburn last November, still hears from other schools.

“I’m getting all kinds of letters,” Rice said. “UCLA, North Carolina — I’m getting stuff from Georgia every day. I went to Georgia for team camp 7-on-7 and everybody was talking to me. I get all kinds of letters from everywhere. I got three handwritten letters from UCLA the other day. I’ve heard from Notre Dame and Kentucky, too.”

And …

“It’s nothing,” Rice said. “I tell people that if I got offers from Oregon, UCLA — anywhere — all those schools are not going to change my commitment. I’m locked in. My brother is there [at Auburn]. I love Auburn. I love all the coaches. I talk to Coach [Scott] Fountain like once a week. Sometimes more. He talks to my dad a lot. I have a real personal relationship with him, where I feel like I can pick up the phone any time. I’m real comfortable around him. I’m not nervous there. It’s like family to me."

Rice’s brother, Logan, recently enrolled at Auburn. He’s a preferred walk-on punter/holder.

Rice plans to attend camp at Auburn on July 19.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From the article:

Landon’s older brother, Logan, is a Tigers walk-on.

He recently moved from punter to receiver.

I am not sure how to get out of this cut and paste font Im in now. Punter to receiver? Holy hell, we must be wanting if we are recruiting wr from the punting team. Nevermind, this type is too big to even make a joke about punters.

• 2 months later...

He is a pretty big boy. Others schools have

Noticed too. UGA had come at him pretty hard. He will be a player.

Archived