Leading up to next season

DyeHardAllTheWay

I think it would be awfully great if the Auburn coaches posted pictures of Florida State holding up the crystal ball winning the championship in the locker and meeting rooms and making sure they don't forget. Worked for Bama in the '09 offseason after they got beat by Florida.

I completely agree! I would also like to have another sign next to it showing us on the field with 0:13 left on the clock and a message that says "unfinished business" next to it.

I bet the team will have a chip on their shoulders because of the Jesse Palmers of the world saying that Auburn was just lucky against UGA and UAT.

I bet the team will have a chip on their shoulders because of the Jesse Palmers of the world saying that Auburn was just lucky against UGA and UAT.

Pretty sure after the BCSNCG that only Jesse Palmer is saying that. I think even Mark May and Lou Holthhhhh were silenced with their Bama love.

Saban is quite fond of reminding his players that it's their fault when Alabama loses. I don't find that approach particularly appealing.

It works as a motivational tool

Saban is quite fond of reminding his players that it's their fault when Alabama loses. I don't find that approach particularly appealing.

And also reminds them of a silly decision to kick a 57 yard field goal as well as to not keep handing the ball to Derrick Henry when it obviously is working. Those may not have the intended consequences though.

When a team full of 5* players wins a lot, you can't really say with any certainty that it has anything to do with motivational posters or a coach telling the kids the losses are on them.

When a team full of 5* players wins a lot, you can't really say with any certainty that it has anything to do with motivational posters or a coach telling the kids the losses are on them.

They dominated and ended up losing the last 2 games....even 5 star talent that is used to winning works harder when they have 2 losses like that, one to a big time rival the other to a guy that hates on the conference that they joined bama to play in....

Say what you want, talent or not the kids don't want that stuff to happen again. It works as a motivational tool.

If you're honestly saying this strategy doesn't work, you're letting Bama hate get in your sight. This does work, far more than hearing it from some analysts because you can turn that off. You're not forced to listen to that. YOU HAVE TO SEE THAT POSTER, EVERY DAY AT THE COMPLEX.

If you're honestly saying this strategy doesn't work, you're letting Bama hate get in your sight. This does work, far more than hearing it from some analysts because you can turn that off. You're not forced to listen to that. YOU HAVE TO SEE THAT POSTER, EVERY DAY AT THE COMPLEX.

It has nothing to do with Bama hate. You and others who have responded are very quick to make assumptions.

I find it quite odd that some of you are favoring Saban's motivational tactics over Malzahn's. And by "odd" I mean "monumentally stupid".

It has nothing to do with Bama hate. You and others who have responded are very quick to make assumptions.

I find it quite odd that some of you are favoring Saban's motivational tactics over Malzahn's. And by "odd" I mean "monumentally stupid".

It is stupid to think that just because someone thinks one motivational plan has a proven track record that they automatically think every other one is not as effective. (Which would be considered a huge assumption on your part) I simply said what Saban is doing works as a motivational tool. I never said that what Gus or others were doing wouldn't have been just as effective.

You guys seriously think they will forget? That they will need pictures to remind them? No what the 2014 team will need to remember is the hard work they put in the offseason that helped them get there in the first place.

Thank you, a positive reinforcement can be much more of a motivational tool than of a negative image.

I'd put up some photos of the guys in early workouts last year showing the pain but determination that got them through, followed by the same player making an impact play. Somewhere near the watercooler I'd post a not intense player during a 2012 preseason workout followed by a sideline of headhangers.

Motivation comes from within. Stimulation comes at you.

Little doc,

One of the things Gus kept saying this year was that we are going to keep getting better. We're going up. Our team's success this past season was due to focusing on the next game and what they needed to do each day to improve. We didn't focus on failure, we focused on what it took to be successful. Maybe picture or two would be okay as a reminder of how losing felt, but I wouldn't make it the tone of the locker room.

No it doesn't. Ask Oklahoma if Bamako was motivated.

They thought they were gonna run all over us. They didn't

They thought they were going to run all over Oklahoma (I thought so too) and they didn't.

I guarantee you that poster will motivate them all off season.

They thought they were gonna run all over us. They didn't

They thought they were going to run all over Oklahoma (I thought so too) and they didn't.

I guarantee you that poster will motivate them all off season.

There's losing, and there's being blamed by one's coach for losing. Two different things.

Archived