Can Tubs Do This?

WarEagle_57

Since there is clearly an agenda against AU in the polls, how much could Tuberville do about this? Can he really vote any way he wants? Get even with all the biased voting that has been going on. Vote something like this maybe.

1. AU

2. UGA

3. UT

4. LSU

5. UAT

6. Cal

7. La Tech

8. La Mo

9. Arky

10. UK

11. Ole Miss

12. MSU

13. Florida

14. Va Tech

15. Col St

16. Stanford

17. ASU

18. Washington

19. Washington St.

20. Oregon St.

22. Arizona

22. ND

23. UCLA

24. BYU

25. South Carolina

14-24 are just teams USC played to help USC in the computers vs OU. Just wondering. It would atleast give us the #2 spot in the coaches poll no doubt.

I heard the year UGA went undefeated and UA lost a game that the Bryant voted UGA low and UA No. 1 in the UPI hoping to go to the Sugar instead of the Cotton. I believe UGA beat Penn State and won the National Championship that year.

This is really no way to select a National Champion.

Hence the reason coaches do not want their votes to be public...

Come on...do you really want what's already a broken system to be even MORE shady?

I dunno, I consider it to be like the scorecard in golf. Honor is it's own reward.

If someone doesn't respect the efforts of these young men enough to be objective about their vote, then they should recuse themselves from the privilege. These young players make a significant sacrifice that is worthy honor.

J-H.jpg

I dunno, I consider it to be like the scorecard in golf.  Honor is it's own reward. 

If someone doesn't respect the efforts of these young men enough to be objective about their vote, then they should recuse themselves from the privilege.  These young players make a significant sacrifice that is worthy honor.

127324[/snapback]

There is no honor among thieves. Not saying that the coaches are thieves, but I can imagine that many are voting their own agenda. They are looking out for their job security, team, and university. That is just the reason their vote won't be made public. I bet if they were to be public, starting from the first poll they had until now, it would be totally surprising how some of them voted. Stoops came out and accused ESPN of promoting AU. What makes you think he would do that and then not vote us low to counteract the good publicity. I bet it is normal for a coach to stab other teams in the back to help their cause. I believe it is the rule, not the exception. This system is so screwed up, it can't be fixed with tweaking of the BCS rules. We need to email anyone we can and demand a playoff system. It is totally ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

what could happen is this: coach tubs could vote AU #1 and okie #25.....if saban at lswho would do the same thing, it would propel AU to #1 and possibly offset the computer shortfall....if 3 coaches would do it, then its off to miami.....not the most ethical thing to do, but who gives a damn.....this isn't fair to any of the 3 teams if they don't make it after going undefeated in a major conference

Guest Tigrinum Major
what could happen is this: coach tubs could vote AU #1 and okie #25.....if saban at lswho would do the same thing, it would propel AU to #1 and possibly offset the computer shortfall....if 3 coaches would do it, then its off to miami.....not the most ethical thing to do, but who gives a damn.....this isn't fair to any of the 3 teams if they don't make it after going undefeated in a major conference

127471[/snapback]

I, and I might be the only voice in the wilderness, would not want to get into any game in such a manner. Not meaning to throw stones, but I think we are losing sight of the big picture by even suggesting that Tuberville do something like this. I would hate for this to become a popularity contest where coaches do underhanded things in order to secure a better bowl bid. Besides, if Tuberville could pull something like this off, don't you think that Stoops could do the same?

The only true way to settle this would be a playoff, but that ain't gonna happen for at least ten more years. Teams have gotten shafted in the past and teams will get shafted in the future. This is just our turn (again.)

Try to enjoy this season for what it is and has been, one hell of a ride. And remember, nothing sucks like a big Orange. Beat the damn Vols!

127471[/snapback]

I, and I might be the only voice in the wilderness, would not want to get into any game in such a manner. Not meaning to throw stones, but I think we are losing sight of the big picture by even suggesting that Tuberville do something like this. I would hate for this to become a popularity contest where coaches do underhanded things in order to secure a better bowl bid. Besides, if Tuberville could pull something like this off, don't you think that Stoops could do the same?

The only true way to settle this would be a playoff, but that ain't gonna happen for at least ten more years. Teams have gotten shafted in the past and teams will get shafted in the future. This is just our turn (again.)

Try to enjoy this season for what it is and has been, one hell of a ride. And remember, nothing sucks like a big Orange. Beat the damn Vols!

127474[/snapback]

Nice post. You are not the lone voice in the wilderness.

Shady voting and the like are not the way to fix this. A playoff is the only way. We don't have one now nor will there be one in the near future. So what can we do? Nothing. It's not over yet. USC and OU could still lose. We could still lose and make all this whining a moot point. Let's just beat the Viles and take what we get.

Lord, I am sick of this whining.

Hence the reason coaches do not want their votes to be public...

Come on...do you really want what's already a broken system to be even MORE shady?

127323[/snapback]

Dang right :poke:

Jaydubb and Known, I totally agree with you guys. I don't want to win a NC like that. I don't have a problem with CTT putting OU at #3. I think you can make a case for AU, USC, and OU being 1, 2, or 3, in any order. I have a problem putting any of those three outside of the top 3, though, and would like to think more of Tuberville (and Stoops for that matter) than him stooping to something as low as that. But then again, I'm the kind of guy that would rather study hard for a test and make a "C" than cheat and get an "A."

Guys, if we win the SEC, and go to the Sugar Bowl, it's not an unsuccessful season! Up until this season, the best Auburn team that I personally had seen had been the 1993 team. The 1992 Alabama team, the 1998 Tennessee team, and the 1996 Florida team were all great, but I think this 2004 Auburn team would beat any of them. I don't need a stupid poll to tell me what I already believe in my heart.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Guys, if we win the SEC, and go to the Sugar Bowl, it's not an unsuccessful season!  Up until this season, the best Auburn team that I personally had seen had been the 1993 team.  The 1992 Alabama team, the 1998 Tennessee team, and the 1996 Florida team were all great, but I think this 2004 Auburn team would beat any of them.  I don't need a stupid poll to tell me what I already believe in my heart.

127516[/snapback]

The 83 Tigers were pretty damn good. I would pit that team against any of the ones you named.

Dye made his mistakes, but damn, he knew how to play smash mouth football.

Guys, if we win the SEC, and go to the Sugar Bowl, it's not an unsuccessful season!  Up until this season, the best Auburn team that I personally had seen had been the 1993 team.  The 1992 Alabama team, the 1998 Tennessee team, and the 1996 Florida team were all great, but I think this 2004 Auburn team would beat any of them.  I don't need a stupid poll to tell me what I already believe in my heart.

127516[/snapback]

The 83 Tigers were pretty damn good. I would pit that team against any of the ones you named.

Dye made his mistakes, but damn, he knew how to play smash mouth football.

127519[/snapback]

Very true, but I went to my first Auburn game in either 1986 or 1987 (Auburn vs Miss State - I still have that ticket stub!). Never saw the 1983 team in person. :)

It is always difficult to compare teams from different eras. The '83 team was strong on defense and running the football. We had very little passing. IF we had a passing game in '83, we would have been undefeated.

The '93 team was huge on overachieving. Some very good players but not like the depth we have today.

I would take THIS team ANYWHERE to play ANYBODY. Not only are we loaded with talent, but, we may have the best group of LEADERS any AU team has EVER had.

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

there is no reason why tubbs shouldnt do that

put us #1 and OU #25, USC #24

as long as he doesnt break any rules it should be ok

the BCS is screwing us anyways, so why not do what we can within the BCS rules to get ahead

will someone email tubs and tell him to do this

I heard the year UGA went undefeated and UA lost a game that the Bryant voted UGA low and UA No. 1 in the UPI hoping to go to the Sugar instead of the Cotton. I believe UGA beat Penn State and won the National Championship that year.

This is really no way to select a National Champion.

127322[/snapback]

The year we won the NC we beat Notre Dame in 1980.

In 1982 we played PSU and lost in the Sugar Bowl

A coach voting another team low to keep them off their tail is not ethical, I agree. But is it done, IMO, yes. The main off-the-field concern of any college football coach is job security. How high his team is ranked, how much money the program brings in, continously being ranked in the top ten, etc. These are the concerns of a football coach. Not how his 'peer' at that other school is doing. Most of the coaches will shake hands after the game, while under their breath they are cussing each other. This is not a all for one, one for all fraternity. It's a dog eat dog business. Not for one minute do I think a coach would not lower his ranking of another team if he thought it would make his team look better.

you have got to be kiddin me. come on people.

127706[/snapback]

At no time did I say it was the right thing to do. I believe it is totally unethical. And how much do you know about the ethics of the hundreds of football coaches throughout this nation? But IMO, if you don't think it happens, you are looking at the world thru 'rose colored glasses'. I'm not saying CTT has done it, would do it, or could do it. I believe he has more class than that. I just believe it has been and could easily be done. There's too much money, status, prestige, whatever for an unethical coach to resist such an easy temptation.

CTT has been doing the right thing all year by calling off the dogs while BS (the coach at OU) has been running up the score late in the 4th quarter. Guess which team is pulling away in the polls.

I agree that it feels good to do the ethical thing but the system dictates that you do everything possible under the rules to promote your team

I had rather our Coach do the RIGHT thing. In the end, I can live with that.

This TEAM should get what they deserve the RIGHT way. Anything else simply just wouldn't be right for them. :au:

I had rather our Coach do the RIGHT thing. In the end, I can live with that.

This TEAM should get what they deserve the RIGHT way. Anything else simply just wouldn't be right for them.  :au:

127858[/snapback]

WarTim Believes in Auburn, and Loves it.

I salute you, WarTim.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

there is no reason why tubbs shouldnt do that

put us #1 and OU #25, USC #24

as long as he doesnt break any rules it should be ok

the BCS is screwing us anyways, so why not do what we can within the BCS rules to get ahead

will someone email tubs and tell him to do this

127531[/snapback]

Whoever thinks this is the right way to go about this: you're sick. It doesn't break rules, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Just because other coaches may do it doesn't mean we should. Other coaches use prostitution, money, drugs, alcohol, and any means they can to sway recruits to come to their schools (or have in the past...I'm not pointing fingers here, just making a statement about what has happened at various programs previously), but I don't think Auburn should do it.

Step up and be an Auburn man, not a cry baby.

WDE :au:

Archived