Who is the next commit?

bikeriderga

Bump because I feel like Chandler Cox is the next commit and I need to discuss AU recruiting with other Auburn fans

I'm going with CC, too, followed closely by Ivey.

;D

We may land Ivey but he's taking his recruitment the distance as things stand now.

Yeah -- but a guy can dream, can't he? I'd love to see Cox commit before BCW, then get Ivey in town for the event and see if he can resist.

:iamwithstupid::OnTheCan: :OnTheCan: :OnTheCan:

:moon:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mr. Robinson commits 2 weeks before BCW, giving us a nice bump in momentum leading up to the big event. Any chance we get a Chandler Cox or anybody else in the fold, say late next week, to really up the wow factor? Does recruiting even work that way? I know we don't want kids to get caught up in the excitement and make a choice they'll regret/change later, but it seems like it can't hurt for the Auburn brand to be white hot when the pie eating contests begin.

So Mr. Robinson commits 2 weeks before BCW, giving us a nice bump in momentum leading up to the big event. Any chance we get a Chandler Cox or anybody else in the fold, say late next week, to really up the wow factor? Does recruiting even work that way? I know we don't want kids to get caught up in the excitement and make a choice they'll regret/change later, but it seems like it can't hurt for the Auburn brand to be white hot when the pie eating contests begin.

50/50.

Actually, I feel even better than that about getting Cox in the fold.

I think CC is next, and a surprise commit at BCW. Maybe a flip like Ben Edwards, or an under the radar commitment that no one saw coming.

What are the chances we land Natrez Patrick on Friday?

Edit: Oops, I'm guessing slim, according to Crystal Ball predictions sounds like he's UGA bound?

What day is the pie eating contest? Is it part of BCW? My wife's second cousin is trying to establish himself as a legitimate player in the competitive eating world. He currently specializes in hot dogs, (Bama fan from Cullman, . . . Shocker, I know), but he has dabbled in the pastry field.

What day is the pie eating contest? Is it part of BCW? My wife's second cousin is trying to establish himself as a legitimate player in the competitive eating world. He currently specializes in hot dogs, (Bama fan from Cullman, . . . Shocker, I know), but he has dabbled in the pastry field.

I would think Bama fans need to hone their crow-eating skills. :big:

I haven't heard anything new on Kai Locksley of late. Any thoughts on where he's leaning towards?

That's a shame, Natrez Patrick is a great DE.. and we really really need DE's

Something is going on. Why would we cool on this guy with no DL commits. I know CRG is a great recruiter so this has me nervous and excited

LOL....not sure if serious but i'm pretty sure the pie eating competition is only open to folks in the athletic department. I.E. recruits, coaches, players etc... Not open to the public. Good luck to your wife's second cousin though!

That's a shame, Natrez Patrick is a great DE.. and we really really need DE's

Something is going on. Why would we cool on this guy with no DL commits. I know CRG is a great recruiter so this has me nervous and excited

Why do you think we cooled on him? Sometimes they (in their foolish youth) simply like another school better.

• 3 weeks later...

If I am guessing (and I am) I would say the next recruit will be

LB -- 4 star Richard McBride

DT -- 4 star Jauntavious Johnson

OLB -- 4 star Jeffery Holland

Bump. Who's next?

Norton?

Nope. Florida's to lose. He did not like BCW much.

This is what makes recruiting so tough. In most cases the kids love BCW because it is more about bonding and family and less about talking football and how you would fit in Auburn football plans. That is what makes BCW unique from many other schools big recruiting weekend. Like all of us kids have different personalities, there are some kids who would prefer an all business approach similar to what other schools do. The very thing that may help us turn one kid to Auburn might have the opposite affect on another kid. As Ellitor said Norton was not that impressed by BCW. Recruiting is a complicated business one off the cuff remark by somebody not even related to Athletic department during a recruiting trip might turn a recruit one way ot the other. Getting a lemonade at Toomers Corner could turn a recruit to Auburn. We are talking about young kids, we assume they make informed decisions, but sometimes it is a gut feeling,

I went to Auburn in 1969. I was a Navy Brat just before my senior year we moved from Quantico, Va. to Mission Bay, Ca. I had been accepted to Penn State with an NROTC Scholarship. I had never been to Penn State (Pennsylvania was my dad's home state) I had also never been to or really even heard of Auburn. I got a letter from a friend who was one year older than me who was a classmate at Quantico High School telling me how much he liked Auburn. Still don't know why he sent me the letter as it was only letter he ever sent me. Based on that letter I decided to go to Auburn. No planning, no master plan a gut feeling that was one of the best decisions I ever made. So when we analyze recruiting we never really know what causes a young man to make his decision, we try to put logic behind it but you just never know.

Bump. Who's next?

Norton?

This is what makes recruiting so tough. In most cases the kids love BCW because it is more about bonding and family and less about talking football and how you would fit in Auburn football plans. That is what makes BCW unique from many other schools big recruiting weekend. Like all of us kids have different personalities, there are some kids who would prefer an all business approach similar to what other schools do. The very thing that may help us turn one kid to Auburn might have the opposite affect on another kid. As Ellitor said Norton was not that impressed by BCW. Recruiting is a complicated business one off the cuff remark by somebody not even related to Athletic department during a recruiting trip might turn a recruit one way ot the other. Getting a lemonade at Toomers Corner could turn a recruit to Auburn. We are talking about young kids, we assume they make informed decisions, but sometimes it is a gut feeling,

I went to Auburn in 1969. I was a Navy Brat just before my senior year we moved from Quantico, Va. to Mission Bay, Ca. I had been accepted to Penn State with an NROTC Scholarship. I had never been to Penn State (Pennsylvania was my dad's home state) I had also never been to or really even heard of Auburn. I got a letter from a friend who was one year older than me who was a classmate at Quantico High School telling me how much he liked Auburn. Still don't know why he sent me the letter as it was only letter he ever sent me. Based on that letter I decided to go to Auburn. No planning, no master plan a gut feeling that was one of the best decisions I ever made. So when we analyze recruiting we never really know what causes a young man to make his decision, we try to put logic behind it but you just never know.

Well said. We too frequently forget that these are human beings with lives beyond the sport.

Bump. Who's next?

Norton?

Enjoyed this story, Old Man! JK.

I think McBryde. I like your three choices, Bike.

Thanks.. I have no inside info, just gathering data based upon tweets and overall interview impressions.

Archived