2015 5* DT Daylon Mack (Texas A&M signee)

WarDamnEagleWDE

@rivalsmike: Coach O has reached out to DT Daylon Mack on behalf of #LSU but he's not interested, #GigEm #WarEagle and #TCU still final 3

Poor TCU needs a catchy slogan.

They do have "fear the frog" and I thought oif "horns up!" which I like.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rivalsmike: Coach O has reached out to DT Daylon Mack on behalf of #LSU but he's not interested, #GigEm #WarEagle and #TCU still final 3

Yeah, I guess they do have fear the frog, though I'm not sure how hastaggable it is. Horns up feels too much like Texas for me. "Gig'em" actually sounds frog-related, though I'm not sure it's the most positive if you are the frog.

Yeah, I guess they do have fear the frog, though I'm not sure how hastaggable it is. Horns up feels too much like Texas for me. "Gig'em" actually sounds frog-related, though I'm not sure it's the most positive if you are the frog.

Well I'll be dipped. A quick google search has informed me that "Gig'em" is frog-related.Horned Frog related in fact.

Gig 'em: The hand sign is a closed fist with a thumb up. The tradition got its start in 1930 at a Yell Practice before a game against TCU. "Pinky" Downs, class of 1906, was a member of the A&M Board of Regents and gave a speech, asking the Aggies what they were going to do to the Horned Frogs. The term comes from hunting frogs or fish using a pronged spear called a "gig."

http://www.myaggienation.com/history_traditions/aggie_glossary/aggie-glossary-on-gig-em-howdy-hump-it-and-whoop/article_87fd00d6-10e5-11e3-8965-0019bb2963f4.html

Well I'll be dipped. A quick google search has informed me that "Gig'em" is frog-related.Horned Frog related in fact.

Gig 'em: The hand sign is a closed fist with a thumb up. The tradition got its start in 1930 at a Yell Practice before a game against TCU. "Pinky" Downs, class of 1906, was a member of the A&M Board of Regents and gave a speech, asking the Aggies what they were going to do to the Horned Frogs. The term comes from hunting frogs or fish using a pronged spear called a "gig."

http://www.myaggienation.com/history_traditions/aggie_glossary/aggie-glossary-on-gig-em-howdy-hump-it-and-whoop/article_87fd00d6-10e5-11e3-8965-0019bb2963f4.html

Me and a couple buddies used to do that a lot, like every weekend. I'm a redneck though so keep that in mind when I tell you it is fun.

http://www.myaggiena...19bb2963f4.html

Me and a couple buddies used to do that a lot, like every weekend. I'm a redneck though so keep that in mind when I tell you it is fun.

Frog Giggin' is a southern thang...

http://www.myaggiena...19bb2963f4.html

Frog Giggin' is a southern thang...

I did it too. I have an idea for TCU, "Roll Toad"

Mack is soooo good. He may be Nick Fairley like when Nick was a senior, but he may be this good much earlier in his career.

We have been so slow on Mack and heard little that was positive from him since before the season. I don't see us getting back in the mix with him. It has been stated elsewhere that he has a kid and is unlikely to leave Texas for proximity purposes. I can respect that. Now, if for some reason he decides to OV because of our in home. I might get a bit excited but ultimately I don't see this happening. I'm not trying to be a nega, I am jacked about the prospect of Cowart, Cece, and either key or prince.

Not as tall as Nick but about same weight but I believe he may have a faster first step then Nick. Has the potential to be a difference maker at DT. Praying he decides to come to Auburn. He is the type of DT that gets a pass rush from the middle.

I really hope Mack comes to Auburn. I know tall defensive linemen can get their hands up to block passes and kicks, but being lower to the ground gives leverage (ask any wrestler).

Archived