2015 5* CB Iman Marshall (USC signee)

AEAugirl

Just tweeted he received Auburn offer and apparently has really connected with AU recruits at the all star game. AU trying to get him to visit soon ...

Just receive an offer from the University of Auburn #GodIsGood

@iman_marshall8

g_anaHEY.jpeg

Iman Marshall, CB

Long Beach, CA (Long Beach Poly)

6'1 / 190 / 4.5

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Colorado, Florida State, Illinois, LSU, Miami (FL), Michgan, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 6)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals 100 - No. 4)

Scout: 5* (No. 11 Nationally)

Derrell Warren, West Coast Recruiting Analyst (@yssd): Marshall has been one of the premier cornerbacks on the West Coast since his sophomore year. He might be the best defensive back to come from the storied Long Beach Poly program since Donovan Warren.

Carrying size that would be considered nearly ideal for a high school safety, Marshall is a huge framed corner. Nicknamed "Biggie", it should come as a surprise that he figures to be able to work himself into the 205-210 pound range once he's a high level strength and conditioning program at the next level. Physically, he bears a resemblance to current Dallas Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr.

One of the primary traits that makes Marshall such a coveted recruit is his unique blend of physicality and movement skills for his size. This allows him to have the versatility in coverage to match the physicality of bigger receiver receivers and to mirror smaller, more explosive ones.

At first glance, one would assume that Marshall to be strictly a press-corner. However, his quick feet and fluid hips allow him to thrive in off-man situations as well. Marshall carries very good reactive quickness. He's able to recognize routes, transition cleanly out of backpedal and drive on routes just as a receiver comes out of their stem. His lateral suddenness allows to him to stay attached to pass catchers and not get beaten at the break point of routes.

While Marshall locates the ball in the air well, I would like to see him make better adjustments to put himself in better position to come down with interceptions.

Marshall doesn't always gain full extension when jamming. He seems to be more reliant on strength than technique. Though he does keep his head over his feet, and does a nice job mirroring receivers out of their release.

His aggressive nature in coverage tends to give separation on double moves. He does, however, show the recovery speed to get back on the hip of receivers if initially beaten out of the break.

While he isn't necessarily "grabby," Marshall does have a tendency to keep his hands on the receiver beyond the five yards allowed. Much of that seems to be due to him being a bit late to jam receivers at the line at times & therefore extending the process of re-routing them past that five yard barrier.

Ultimately, Marshall projects as a multi-year starter with true NFL upside. At this stage his profiles as more of a physical lock-down corner than one who will generate a ton of turnovers.

http://www.sbnation....ornerback-elite

Anyone know anything about him? Who has he been leaning to? I know he's from Cali.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tweeted he received Auburn offer and apparently has really connected with AU recruits at the all star game. AU trying to get him to visit soon.

Anyone know anything about him? Who has he been leaning to? I know he's from Cali.

I know he is the #1 cornerback in the nation!

Notice who is FL recruiter is......TRob. Interesting......

And apparently Jeffrey Holland tweeted a "War Eagle" to him :)

Sounds like our commits are recruiting for us. Which means they believe in Gus and will. That means they love AU and really believe we are headed in the right direction

Did I miss something, did Holland committ to the good guys? :dunno:/>

I'm guessing the comment about our recruits recruiting for us is directed at the comment that Marshall has connected with the AU recruits, not at the fact that Holland tweeted him

Did I miss something, did Holland committ to the good guys? :dunno:/>

I'm guessing the comment about our recruits recruiting for us is directed at the comment that Marshall has connected with the AU recruits, not at the fact that Holland tweeted him

preciate it....

This is kind of a huge deal...

That we are 10 months behind everyone else?

Or maybe the fact that he's even kind of giving us a look after we're 10 months "behind" everyone else. You could always be more optimistic instead of shooting down any positivity. But that's just a thought.

This is kind of a huge deal...

That we are 10 months behind everyone else?

Or maybe the fact that he's even kind of giving us a look after we're 10 months "behind" everyone else. You could always be more optimistic instead of shooting down any positivity. But that's just a thought.

Also, maybe it's a good that all the best players in the country got together and, after it was over, one of the very best of the best was suddenly in play for Auburn? Maybe we'd be happy to find out about how kids were talking about Auburn down there? Also, maybe it reinforces the idea that we have made some really, really good hires lately?

Archived