2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

UM all the way supposedly

They said his old coach is now the linebacker coach at UM. Sounds like Gary is a lock to UM.

I heard having spring training in South Beach sealed the deal.

Kind of off topic but I never have understood why Miami is not the premier college football program in the nation. What 18-20 y/o would not want to live and play football in the Miami area (aside from the the crazies that live in that area, lol)

Facilities. They suck. Even Vandy's are better. It's all about the wow factor now with kids.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UM all the way supposedly

They said his old coach is now the linebacker coach at UM. Sounds like Gary is a lock to UM.

I heard having spring training in South Beach sealed the deal.

Kind of off topic but I never have understood why Miami is not the premier college football program in the nation. What 18-20 y/o would not want to live and play football in the Miami area (aside from the the crazies that live in that area, lol)

They were until the early 2000's...

Well right now they don't have an on campus stadium which is badly needed, facilities are lacking a lot, & fans don't come unless Miami is playing FSU.

Well right now they don't have an on campus stadium which is badly needed, facilities are lacking a lot, & fans don't come unless Miami is playing FSU.

Plus they had to can one of their main recruiting tools...Nevin Shapiro.

Throw in that Miami is a retirement destination, so a lot of people that live there pull for other teams. The only people who pull for Miami and live in Miami are people from up North trying to get into college football.

Get off the beach and away from the gated communities and it's no more than a third world country.

"...developing country."

I was born and raised there. My family owned land near the Orange Bowl that we used to sell parking on for big events. I could easily walk to downtown. Trust me, it's not developing. Away from the waterfront it's declining, heading to third-world and below at a rate that's abysmal to see.

There is no way as a parent that I would let my son go and spend 5 years of his life in such a dangerous area.

There is no way as a parent that I would let my son go and spend 5 years of his life in such a dangerous area.

It's not bad for the players,UM is still a good school and campus community.....if Auburn can overcome the issues with players unfortunately losing lives to senseless goons not associated with Auburn then the U can overcome the perception of the community not associated with their university.

Get off the beach and away from the gated communities and it's no more than a third world country.

"...developing country."

I was born and raised there. My family owned land near the Orange Bowl that we used to sell parking on for big events. I could easily walk to downtown. Trust me, it's not developing. Away from the waterfront it's declining, heading to third-world and below at a rate that's abysmal to see.

I think it was being implied that it is lower than third world, as in a country that is just developing into a country.

"...developing country."

I think it was being implied that it is lower than third world, as in a country that is just developing into a country.

I have been to two third world countries. I highly doubt Miami is that bad. Lol.

"...developing country."

I have been to two third world countries. I highly doubt Miami is that bad. Lol.

Same here. Spent the majority of my life in a developing country. Never been to Miami, but I doubt the situation is comparable.

I currently live in a developing country and I can tell you its not as bad.

hyperbole

[hahy-pur-buh-lee]

noun, Rhetoric.

obvious and intentional exaggeration.

an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

The way y'all were talking, y'all sounded like y'all believed it. Oh well. First World Problems.

There's Miami and then there's Miami. If one sticks to the glitter of South Beach and the high rises around the bay, or the quiet of the UM campus it's all very nice. Go into what used to be nice, working class neighborhoods and note the burglar bars on every house and wrought-iron fences around every yard and you get a different picture.

There's a reason so many natives have left the place and won't go back. I was the fourth generation of my family to live there, the first were true settlers. Leaving wasn't easy but the place we had all grown up in wasn't there any more. It had been replaced by, well, third-world madness.

Auburn's chance less than 40% IMO.

Probably closer to 15-20% IMO.

Less than 40% = closer to 15-20%.

Got my shades on.

Love u E!

hyperbole

[hahy-pur-buh-lee]

noun, Rhetoric.

obvious and intentional exaggeration.

an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.

I thought about posting this myself lol. Gad you did it for me

Archived