2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

If some of you guys are right and Gary does sign with us. This may be the best D-Line group Auburn has ever recruited in one year. I am not a recruiting historian so please correct my statement if I am wrong.

The 2013 class was extremely strong on NSD- Lawson, Adams, Daniel and Bradley. And it remains to be seen if Newkirk, Marshall and/or Coe stick in this class (I think we're optimistic about Coe). But even "just" Davidson, James, Jackson and Gary would look awfully good on paper next to that 2013 class, since Gary is as highly thought of as any recruit at any position in years and James and Jackson are both high 4*s (I think). And, of course, if none of them were to commit a crime and subsequently be dismissed from the team, then they would probably end up being a better class in reality.

I hope we get to have that conversation in February!

Newkirk will not qualify and will go the JC route.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If some of you guys are right and Gary does sign with us. This may be the best D-Line group Auburn has ever recruited in one year. I am not a recruiting historian so please correct my statement if I am wrong.

The 2013 class was extremely strong on NSD- Lawson, Adams, Daniel and Bradley. And it remains to be seen if Newkirk, Marshall and/or Coe stick in this class (I think we're optimistic about Coe). But even "just" Davidson, James, Jackson and Gary would look awfully good on paper next to that 2013 class, since Gary is as highly thought of as any recruit at any position in years and James and Jackson are both high 4*s (I think). And, of course, if none of them were to commit a crime and subsequently be dismissed from the team, then they would probably end up being a better class in reality.

Thanks. I knew it was highly unlikely that he would but I wasn't sure if it was confirmed yet.

Like some others, I really don't care what Marshall does at this point but I very much hope that Coe sticks.

But yeah... Gary would make a class on his own.

Thanks. I knew it was highly unlikely that he would but I wasn't sure if it was confirmed yet.

Like some others, I really don't care what Marshall does at this point but I very much hope that Coe sticks.

I think if we get Gary and Brown -- maybe either one -- to go with Jackson, Davidson, and Coe, we'd have a strong case that this would be our best DL signing class of all time, regardless of Marshall. Chances of that happening are fairly slim, IMO. But it would be fantastic!

I think if we get Gary and Brown -- maybe either one -- to go with Jackson, Davidson, and Coe, we'd have a strong case that this would be our best DL signing class of all time, regardless of Marshall. Chances of that happening are fairly slim, IMO. But it would be fantastic!

I keep forgetting about Brown. Jeez, if we got both of those guys? Yeah, I can't imagine we've had a class that would touch that, and I'm not sure many other programs have, either. PS- Don't forget about Paul James.

I keep forgetting about Brown. Jeez, if we got both of those guys? Yeah, I can't imagine we've had a class that would touch that, and I'm not sure many other programs have, either. PS- Don't forget about Paul James.

Duh.

Texas, it's looking like we won't get Gary. But if we were to get Brown and Clayton- evidently we're back in it with him- then I think we're still looking at a best-ever kind of deal. Total long shot but it seems we've had a habit of being pleasantly surprised late with our DL recruiting the last couple years.

Clayton- evidently we're back in it with him

Long way to go to be back in it w/ Clayton but Garner is working.

We really messed up not giving Clayton top priority. Apparently at the All American game, he really lit it up. Did Muschamp just not think he was that good or was he too desperate to get someone who could contribute immediately???

We really messed up not giving Clayton top priority. Apparently at the All American game, he really lit it up. Did Muschamp just not think he was that good or was he too desperate to get someone who could contribute immediately???

I don't know if desperate is the right word but he did have Keir Thomas higher on the board, partly because his body is more ready to play immediately.

If we just get Brown I will be happy. Gary or Clayton would be gravy and Gary would be very tasty gravy. I also think Coe could be the surprise of the class as he is a nationally ranked wrestler which means he knows how to change levels and about leverage. Also most wrestlers motors never stop running.

I don't know if desperate is the right word but he did have Keir Thomas higher on the board, partly because his body is more ready to play immediately.

That's just the dumbest thing in the world to me. Ok if he can't play right away, but what is the likelihood we need him too? What's the problem redshirting an elite pass rusher a year. I'm not a coach and I called this, shouldn't be hard to see at all

That's just the dumbest thing in the world to me. Ok if he can't play right away, but what is the likelihood we need him too? What's the problem redshirting an elite pass rusher a year. I'm not a coach and I called this, shouldn't be hard to see at all

Couldn't agree with you more. Some commits are ready year 1 but most need 1-2 years if we Redshirt and get a stud then that is what we should do. We see that a lot on O-Line less on D-Line I believe O-Line is because of the complexity of the position but that is just my opinion.

At the time CWM did not know if Carl was leaving so we may have needed someone immediately. Also did you see the stats Keir put up in the toughest city to play high school ball in the nation the last 2 years? Miami. 20 sacks last year & 19 this year & did a lot of that playing DT getting double teamed. Keir is a damn good pass rushing prospect in his own right. CWM has nothing to apologizing for having Keir higher on his board.

At the time CWM did not know if Carl was leaving so we may have needed someone immediately. Also did you see the stats Keir put up in the toughest city to play high school ball in the nation the last 2 years? Miami. 20 sacks last year & 19 this year & did a lot of that playing DT getting double teamed. Keir is a damn good pass rushing prospect in his own right. CWM has nothing to apologizing for having Keir higher on his board.

That's your opinion and I respect it, but like I said you have a guy like that you don't just let them go. Also you keep recruiting both, stop when it's more definite. I'm not saying the other guy isn't good but this guy damn sure fits the bill and I day have a greater upside.

That's your opinion and I respect it, but like I said you have a guy like that you don't just let them go. Also you keep recruiting both, stop when it's more definite. I'm not saying the other guy isn't good but this guy damn sure fits the bill and I day have a greater upside.

CWM technically did not let AC go or stop. He just cooled on him when he knew he had a substantial lead w/ Keir. It's CWM's opinion not mine/ I agree w/ you on the AC upside though.

Is Muschamp recruiting this young man now that XCWM is the HC at USCe? Just thought I would ask.

UM all the way supposedly

They said his old coach is now the linebacker coach at UM. Sounds like Gary is a lock to UM.

I heard having spring training in South Beach sealed the deal.

They said his old coach is now the linebacker coach at UM. Sounds like Gary is a lock to UM.

Well that does beat going to Mickey's World

Kind of off topic but I never have understood why Miami is not the premier college football program in the nation. What 18-20 y/o would not want to live and play football in the Miami area (aside from the the crazies that live in that area, lol)

Kind of off topic but I never have understood why Miami is not the premier college football program in the nation. What 18-20 y/o would not want to live and play football in the Miami area (aside from the the crazies that live in that area, lol)

There's probably not a lot of parents pushing for miami, and many have input.

They will be back sooner than later - too much local talent. They are my second team after AU..

Archived