2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

You are correct Doc. Indonesia for 10 years now. Thanks for the kind words. Have to get up at 2:30am to watch Auburn play, but don't miss a game. God bless

war eagle. My parents were missionaries in Thailand for 35 years.

I have done mission trips for a week or two it was very fulfilling but very difficult with the cultural differences and with my finding out my Spanish was not as good as I thought. To do God's work for 10 years or 35 years is inspirational. God bless your parents and all others who do this important work.

When I put up the Voluntourism article on the ATC thread, it was there so people like you could share your own experiences or maybe even attack the writer's argument. Give that article a read sometime.

I don't usually venture outside Auburn football threads, but sounds like I need to read the article. I have probably read many similar articles in years past.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct Doc. Indonesia for 10 years now. Thanks for the kind words. Have to get up at 2:30am to watch Auburn play, but don't miss a game. God bless

war eagle. My parents were missionaries in Thailand for 35 years.

I have done mission trips for a week or two it was very fulfilling but very difficult with the cultural differences and with my finding out my Spanish was not as good as I thought. To do God's work for 10 years or 35 years is inspirational. God bless your parents and all others who do this important work.

When I put up the Voluntourism article on the ATC thread, it was there so people like you could share your own experiences or maybe even attack the writer's argument. Give that article a read sometime.

Fist time I have ever been to ATC. I read the article and understand that in some cases what they said was true but I don't accept if for all or most. I put my story in that thread where I think I showed you can do good things in a week or two. It is the planning that you do in advance of the trip and a having areal goal in mind that can make the trip successful for both yourself and for the people you visit.

Thank you for the kind words guys and gals. The Lord has been good. Enjoy nothing more than sharing Jesus with others. Diehard Auburn fan. I wear it with pride.

I too have great respect for your going all in for the Lord Jesus and sharing His purpose in coming to those who have never heard the gospel. My son is a missionary in central Africa and is returning soon for his 3rd year. I spent a month there in late 2014... The most eye opening experience in my life. Realized how many things I took for example.

My prayers will be with your son and his family. It's definitely a life change and a calling, but one I wouldn't change for anything. Nothing more satisfying than knowing your in the center of God's will for your life. What a privilege it is to serve the King overseas. WAR EAGLE and God bless.

Sorry to derail the thread.

My prayers will be with your son and his family. It's definitely a life change and a calling, but one I wouldn't change for anything. Nothing more satisfying than knowing your in the center of God's will for your life. What a privilege it is to serve the King overseas. WAR EAGLE and God bless.

Meh, with Gary going to UM, there isn't much to derail.

I will tell him about you, and I'm sure he will add you to his prayer list. I will also. Thank you.

Maybe I have lived in the south for too long but the beautiful plains of Auburn > the frozen tundra of Meechigan.

You never have had Jim Harbaugh do a sleep over.

What guy doesn't wanna Netflix and chill with a grown man? Oops I just said that

Doe!!

Gus Malzahn and the #Auburn defensive staff are in Atlanta for visit with No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary. Gary in town to receive award.

Gus Malzahn and Kirby Smart are at the same Holiday Inn in Atlanta as we speak. GM here to recruit: KS here for speaking engagement.

No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary says he just spoke briefly to #Auburn DE Byron Cowart about an hour ago. They plan to speak again later tonight.

@Keith247Sports

Gus Malzahn and the #Auburn defensive staff are in Atlanta for visit with No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary. Gary in town to receive award.

Gus Malzahn and Kirby Smart are at the same Holiday Inn in Atlanta as we speak. GM here to recruit: KS here for speaking engagement.

No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary says he just spoke briefly to #Auburn DE Byron Cowart about an hour ago. They plan to speak again later tonight.

@Keith247Sports

Gary says I can do better as top recruit of the class. Cowart says "please get me outta heah!!

Sarcasm

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

I am not sure if Cowart speaking with Gary is good or bad.

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

I'm thinking it won't matter either way. I fully expect him to go elsewhere.

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

It's good. Cowart has a great attitude now.

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

this ^

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

I'm thinking it won't matter either way. I fully expect him to go elsewhere.

Cowart is fine but I agree still UM for now

@Keith247Sports

hummmmmm

this ^

Great to hear. Didn't know that.

We need our bagman. Think he will take $200k?

$180k, you mean. It's conveniently a 10% street agent's fee less than a nice round number like $200k.

Kenny Rogers, wherever you are, I hope you're having a really crappy time.

Archived