INJURY updates...who is really in the "know"?

TigerfanKM

Even if still injured, why wouldn't he travel with the team? That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe a long ride to Baton Rouge is not a good idea for someone with a hip flexor strain...especially if he said it only hurts when he is sitting still.

Since we don't have any confirmation on whether this is true or not we are just spinning our wheels anyway.

There is some type of limit on number of players that can travel to away games. I believe the limit is set by the conference and the SEC is at 70 players IIRC.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if still injured, why wouldn't he travel with the team? That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

The NCAA limits the number of players that can go to away games.

Sources say: As of today, Lawson is a "game time decision." If I was betting I would say he is out another week at the least. I am of the opinion that he should not come back this week. Trey...well, if you've read my posts there seems to be a few opinions on his options and prognosis, so I would call him 50-50 this week. As in Carls injury last year, this staff is very difficult to predict in their forthcomingness. Everyone else is a go...except Holsey of course.

Per a poster on another site, it does not appear that Lawson is traveling with the team. Guess that would answer the Lawson question. Looks like you are correct.

Hope he gets well soon.

Of course, nobody knows for sure...

Who is this poster (name?) and how reputable is he?

Actually do not know the poster, not the normal insider so who knows.

Of course you always want your best players on the field. But is it end of the world if we are without our best pass rusher against a team that passes so little? I'd feel better about him being closer to 100% against MSST.

He's also far superior to the other guys against the perimeter run game. If you want to ruin your Friday, go back and watch Gimel President try to defend the power read.

Lawson's absence does not give us an excuse to have a bad defense, but you don't just shrug off losing a generational talent like him, particularly on a very young defense going into an extraordinarily hostile environment. Not only is he a monster on the field, but he's one of our strongest leaders off it. What was the sound bite from our defensive leader when asked about Louisville's offense? "No comment." What'd we get this week? "No problem." I don't really think Ford's comment was a big deal, but I certainly preferred Lawson's.

We've put a lot of DEs in the NFL the last 10 years or so, and Lawson might be quite a bit better than any of them. It's okay to be upset that he might be missing his 15th game in 2 seasons, a game that just happens to be one of the most important we'll play all season. If he does sit, then it sucks, and it sucks pretty badly.

Against Louisville we also pretty much got a we're going to win, but media didn't make it as big of a deal...sometimes I prefer a no comment and sometimes I prefer a comment like Rudy's. Long as he backs it up that is

Guys.

Lawson will not play.

I would love to be wrong but in this case, I am not. He is walking better but cannot "explode" through his hip and cannot yet handle the force that comes from holding field position and fighting off 300 lb tackles. He would not be useful out there at 80% recovered.

Just be ready to play without him. Next man up.

I hate to say this, but Carl is losing a lot of NFL money by missing these games. I know he can't help it and I feel for him. He is truly a blue chipper, but his draft stock will drop even when he's back playing because he will be labeled "injury prone". Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I still think we can and do have a good defense even without him.

I hate to say this, but Carl is losing a lot of NFL money by missing these games. I know he can't help it and I feel for him. He is truly a blue chipper, but his draft stock will drop even when he's back playing because he will be labeled "injury prone". Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I still think we can and do have a good defense even without him.

Good thing he still has another 2 years, if he wants, to prove otherwise.

Good thing he still has another 2 years, if he wants, to prove otherwise.

True dat. Just hope it's not a trend.

eh, todd gurley is "injury prone" and he did alright. i think Lawson will be fine.

It gets worse....

War Eagle (@WDE_Auburn) tweeted at 5:25pm - 18 Sep 15:

Reports are Carl Lawson did not travel to Baton Rouge, and could be out until November. Big blow to the defense if this is indeed the case. (

)

For reference, this Twitter account is followed by Jay Jacobs, Muschamp, Kristi Malzahn, multiple AU players and multiple AU news outlets. I'd say it's pretty darn credible.

This is literally Lawson's second time being hurt ever and he's injury prone

Carl has played one half of football in 2 years.

They're already mentioning his draft stock... and how he was supposed to be a sure fire 1st rounder in the 2016 draft.

Yes, he's losing money.

To NO fault of his own... just tough luck.

Well that sucks. I mean really get him a medical redshirt if he's not gonna get back till November by then the season will be mostly decided anyway.

Archived