***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

Well, the offense, play calling, and especially EFFORT AND BLOCKING!!!!! definitely improved, at least in the first half. The defense has improved on first and second down. Now we just gotta get over the hump of third down. All in all, I find that waiting an hour or two after the game before you post in these threads give you much clearer vision.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need a disclaimer...I don't do the have to choose one player or the other...I get on here and talk about what I see. When I say he shouldn't have thrown that pass or he didn't carry the team that's not me saying he shouldn't start or he didn't play well. Nothing but praised SW today.

I need a disclaimer...I don't do the have to choose one player or the other...I get on here and talk about what I see. When I say he shouldn't have thrown that pass or he didn't carry the team that's not me saying he shouldn't start or he didn't play well. Nothing but praised SW today.

Wish you'd quit hating on Sean, man! Your agenda is so thinly veiled! Everyone knows you think Jason Smith hung the moon and should be starting at QB!

Where is 101, wdewde, and their "sources"? Can't wait to see who they say starts the next game.

WDE has sources. He's never said that everything he reports is gospel, and he certainly didn't come out and make brash posts about JJ being great, SW being limited, and the coaches 100% naming JJ the starter. In other words, wouldn't lump him in with 101.

In fairness, 101 may have just gotten a bit too excited in the way he presented his info.

Where is 101, wdewde, and their "sources"? Can't wait to see who they say starts the next game.

WDE has sources. He's never said that everything he reports is gospel, and he certainly didn't come out and make brash posts about JJ being great, SW being limited, and the coaches 100% naming JJ the starter. In other words, wouldn't lump him in with 101.

In fairness, 101 may have just gotten a bit too excited in the way he presented his info.

Yeah, the first day 101 reported it WDEWDE said the same thing.

I was very impressed with the way the offense came out. Gus finally opened up the run with the pass, instead of the other way around. Of course come the third quarter, we went conservative, but we picked it up in the fourth. I liked the quick passes and the spreading of the ball. We missed on a couple of throws that could've been game changers, but we have a young Qb, it happens. Routes looked a lot better, the blocking down field looked a lot better and the offensive line as a unit played pretty well. I will say that Peyton barber is a workhorse, but I wish we had that one back to compliment is power with speed. Roc has potential, but he is just too fragile. KJ is more the athlete type and I like what Gus is doing with him. Didn't see much of Stanton on the sweep, but I did like that Jason got some reps and could show off his speed.

Guys, the defense is what it is. A lot of bright spots with the young guys and that is what we need to look forward to. As much as we complain about the secondary, there is a lot of improvement. This year at least they are in the position to get a flag haha. Last year, we got burnt for TDs on SLANTS! As far as the front seven goes, they are playing hard but graduation is our best friend in this circumstance. WMC has to get his players in for this to work. Culture change indeed. Hate to say it but this is a true rebuild and if Gus and Co could pull off 6-8 wins, I will be satisfied.

WDE

Disclaimer: I was really impressed with UK Chris Westry. As the game went along he got more and more confident. Hopefully, this will be a lesson learn to actually keep recruiting players who actually want to be a Tiger.

This and every other AU board make me sad. This team played hard and beat an sec team on the road. AU is starting a redshirt freshman for the first time on the road. And we won.

No, we are not world beaters. We have huge holes in a lot of areas. But the team is not giving up. In 2012 we would have lost that game by double digits. This team found a way to win.

I am happy with the win. I Support the team and the coaches. That is what this team needs and deserves.

+1

I had the fortune/misfortune to grow up during the Barfield years when Auburn was truly a dumpster fire losing to Bama every year. Sure it would be great if we were contending for a championship this year but I will be damned if I did not have a half smile the entire day after beating Kentucky. If our recent success has spoiled days like today for you then I feel sorry about that. These teams don't just lay down because they are playing Auburn. That was an SEC win on the road against a team with a lot of good players. I choose to be optimistic about the rest of this season. I say we beat a couple teams that we are not supposed to before it's over with. Not a perfect team but I saw a lot of players to feel good about tonight. War damn eagle!

What the hell is Gus smiling about.

Not sure why the excitement. That was Kentucky. I have poured all my kool aid packets and all.

He wussed out a win against a no body.

He laid an egg in the 2nd half

He remains predictable

He continues to run same crazy plays for last three years with poor results

He still shows no guts

Say hat you want but this is not improvement. If so tell me where it gets better. Again this is Kentucky.

We can't play with big boys and we are out of contention for SEC west and a decent bowl.

Go ahead and take a sip and convince yourself playing in a laughing stock bowl has practice value. I call crap.

If pre season to know won't help us what the heck with two more weeks do! Instill more poor techniques??

Bama and UGA will embarrass us.

One of you gurus give me Gus records vs

Lsu

Bama

UGA

And the troll appears...Still clueless but appears anyway..

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

A win is a win, but we HAVE to find an identity on offense.

:-\/>

He made some great throws in the first half.

The issue is arm strength. Every pass he threw over 15ish yards stayed in the air too long. A good DB would've eaten up almost all of his deep passes. He is not a threat to run and can't stretch the defense vertical. If I'm a DC, I would just bring everyone into the box. In a system that requires explosive plays, I don't think white can generate them against good defenses.

And you get paid to observe stuff..... and still came up with this ?

The issue is mind strength. He can't observe stuff vertical [sic].

:poke:/>

You guys are making a common error known as Halo Error, which is where you make a global assessment of performance and retroactively use that to judge dimensions. White played well. He did enough for us to win. He made good decisions and most of his short to medium passes were on target. He is clearly the best option we have right now.

Take the blinders off. His deep passes did not have any steam on them. He often underthrew and many of his passes were floated. His first deep pass to Louis was a perfect example of this. If the DB had turned around, it would have probably been intercepted. That means that White has a ceiling. He can't create explosive plays with his arm or legs. We can be good with white, but we need a qb with more physical ability if we want to be a great team.

Just to be clear I'm not calling SW the next Montana but...yku know who else had a "subpar arm" while having a great head for the game...

I saw a QB making his first start on the road that never got rattled and still gave his playmakers a chance to make a play. Ceiling or not, White will be a special player at Auburn before he's done.

OK. But you do realize that everyone has a ceiling, right? Until this last post, you were guilty of something approaching the perfectionist fallacy. Also, SW is still young. I suspect that his arm strength will improve more than you think; and he's pretty nifty with his feet, especially moving around in the pocket.

That said, I agree with cole, basically. SW has clearly established himself as our best option. But he's not Cam or Nick or Tom Brady at this point.

ETA: Sorry, selias -- I misread this as being posted by behaviorscientist. No wonder this last post sounded more reasonable.

:slapfh:/>

Most of it was intended for him, based on his earlier posts.

Everyone has a ceiling. I just haven't seen SW try to be something he's not. He'll never be a Jeff George and probably not another Brady but he plays within the scheme and his team mates and I don't see that as a bad thing

SW is a freshman and has played in only 3 games....and for people to suggest that we are seeing the best of him right now? JMO but that makes no sense whatsoever. .

He's never going to be 6-5 and weigh 240 pounds or run for 150 yards in a game but even now he has more than an adequate arm, is quick and smart (instinctive) enough to avoid pressure if he gets a little blocking help from his RBs, he is quite accurate.... and shows the leadership we need..

I though JJ would start because that's how Gus has done stuff....but I was not unhappy to see SW start and am proud of how in played on one of UK's biggest games in quite a while.....sold out in Lexington and a game that team needed very much. A VERY good win.

What the hell is Gus smiling about.

Not sure why the excitement. That was Kentucky. I have poured all my kool aid packets and all.

He wussed out a win against a no body.

He laid an egg in the 2nd half

He remains predictable

He continues to run same crazy plays for last three years with poor results

He still shows no guts

Say hat you want but this is not improvement. If so tell me where it gets better. Again this is Kentucky.

We can't play with big boys and we are out of contention for SEC west and a decent bowl.

Go ahead and take a sip and convince yourself playing in a laughing stock bowl has practice value. I call crap.

If pre season to know won't help us what the heck with two more weeks do! Instill more poor techniques??

Bama and UGA will embarrass us.

One of you gurus give me Gus records vs

Lsu

Bama

UGA

99% of your posts embarrass me........I know I am in the majority so flame away.

Your one of those guys forever scratching your head wondering why your never invited to the neighbors annual barbeque.......and no its not because you clog the toilet.

Sloppy play. Sloppy play calling. Poor defense. Inconsistent qb play. We deserved a loss in this one. I'm just happy UK did as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't like what I've seen of white. Seems like a game manager type quarterback, which doesn't work well for this system. I hope we are looking at the juco level for someone with a stronger arm that is either athletic, consistent, or both.

The issue is arm strength. Every pass he threw over 15ish yards stayed in the air too long. A good DB would've eaten up almost all of his deep passes. He is not a threat to run and can't stretch the defense vertical. If I'm a DC, I would just bring everyone into the box. In a system that requires explosive plays, I don't think white can generate them against good defenses.

You guys are making a common error known as Halo Error, which is where you make a global assessment of performance and retroactively use that to judge dimensions. White played well. He did enough for us to win. He made good decisions and most of his short to medium passes were on target. He is clearly the best option we have right now.

Take the blinders off. His deep passes did not have any steam on them. He often underthrew and many of his passes were floated. His first deep pass to Louis was a perfect example of this. If the DB had turned around, it would have probably been intercepted. That means that White has a ceiling. He can't create explosive plays with his arm or legs. We can be good with white, but we need a qb with more physical ability if we want to be a great team.

Just to be clear I'm not calling SW the next Montana but...yku know who else had a "subpar arm" while having a great head for the game...

I saw a QB making his first start on the road that never got rattled and still gave his playmakers a chance to make a play. Ceiling or not, White will be a special player at Auburn before he's done.

OK. But you do realize that everyone has a ceiling, right? Until this last post, you were guilty of something approaching the perfectionist fallacy. Also, SW is still young. I suspect that his arm strength will improve more than you think; and he's pretty nifty with his feet, especially moving around in the pocket.

That said, I agree with cole, basically. SW has clearly established himself as our best option. But he's not Cam or Nick or Tom Brady at this point.

ETA: Sorry, selias -- I misread this as being posted by behaviorscientist. No wonder this last post sounded more reasonable.

:slapfh:/>

Most of it was intended for him, based on his earlier posts.

Everyone has a ceiling. I just haven't seen SW try to be something he's not. He'll never be a Jeff George and probably not another Brady but he plays within the scheme and his team mates and I don't see that as a bad thing

SW is a freshman and has played in only 3 games....and for people to suggest that we are seeing the best of him right now? JMO but that makes no sense whatsoever. .

He's never going to be 6-5 and weigh 240 pounds or run for 150 yards in a game but even now he has more than an adequate arm, is quick and smart (instinctive) enough to avoid pressure if he gets a little blocking help from his RBs, he is quite accurate.... and shows the leadership we need..

I though JJ would start because that's how Gus has done stuff....but I was not unhappy to see SW start and am proud of how in played on one of UK's biggest games in quite a while.....sold out in Lexington and a game that team needed very much. A VERY good win.

And on the way we seen change blindness, to expectation confirmation, and now hindsight bias resulting in this group therapy as what was originally termed halo effect has now dropped to a noose level fixation?

No insider is 100%. Some know some things, others other things. Depends what their connections to the program are. Mine graduated last spring, so right now I got nothing.

*spelling

nah....you must have been watching a different game than the one I saw....and perhaps have forgotten he is a college freshman and not an NFL QB.

You are right. He is a freshmen. Freshmen usually struggle with the mental components of the game. White doesn't. He is very impressive mentally. In the right system, he would be really great. The problem is that the stuff he is struggling with is unlikely to improve that much. You can only do so much to make someone more mobile. You can improve throw strength, but only to a certain point. White is not going to learn how to be faster or throw harder. Those things are relatively stable. This system needs big plays, and due to physical limitations he is not a guy that will likely be able to deliver them.

LOL..ok.

Feel free to disagree, but there is no reason to be rude. Act like an adult.

You make salient points. I've enjoyed reading your observations, as they mirror mine. I've gotten unnecessarily roasted on this site for my opinions. I just chalk it up to a bunch of limited-life losers who get their kicks anonymously flaming ppl they're never gonna have to actually face.

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

Kentucky was 4-1 (2-1 SEC) and only loss was to undefeated Florida. We just beat them at home. Pretty sure we're a bowl team. Could be wrong but pretty sure

a win vs Idaho gives 5 wins where is the other one coming from? We will have to upset someone who is light years better.. Anything is possible. Arkansas will whoop us.

Arky won't whoop anyone. They are slow, with a mediocre QB at best. They don't have a dominating defense either. They could still beat us though by holding the ball and grinding it out. Our defense needs to get better still. The front 7 is not good enough. Interesting to me on offense why Truitt is not getting any chances. He can fly.

Kentucky beat south carolina, Mizzou, and almost beat Florida. idiots on this board act like we just played a nobody team. No we won a game on the road against a decent SEC team. WDE

Yep. If we'd played half this well against Miss State, we'd have won that one easily. Took things a while to start clicking for SW, but he's starting to get it.

I agree.

No insider is 100%. Some know some things, others other things. Depends what their conncetions to the program are. Mine graduated last spring, so right now I got nothing.

Pretty much, which is why it's stupid to scoff at a person that may know something because you don't know him, and it's equally stupid to put everything into one guy as if he will know everything year in and year out....

No insider is 100%. Some know some things, others other things. Depends what their conncetions to the program are. Mine graduated last spring, so right now I got nothing.

Pretty much, which is why it's stupid to scoff at a person that may know something because you don't know him, and it's equally stupid to put everything into one guy as if he will know everything year in and year out....

Agreed -- but you could see it coming (hard treatment for 101) if SW got the nod over JJ.

Maybe I should have clarified some things first. My posts about "sources" are not directly pointed at 101, wde, or any poster here. I'm just starting to notice a trend with people that are CLOSE to the program but not IN the program.

But at the same time the way some act and present things plays a part as well. When you act like an ass you're going to have a plethora of people waiting for you to be wrong, if just one time

I only got to see the second half. But as one of the "I think we have a big problem" people, I should say I'm really happy we got this win. As others pointed out, Kentucky isn't great, but this is a road win against a solid SEC team.

Wish I'd seen the first half. The second half was kinda scary. We played soft coverage, got UK into multiple third and longs and let them off the hook, and we were generally a mess on offense. It looked worse than it was, but it looked bad.

This third and long thing we have going on on defense is just killing us. I don't know how it can be fixed, but it is tremendously frustrating watching our coverage go soft (even in man) without a push on the passer. I did like Adams lining up outside, even though he forgot contain on one huge play. (Hard to blame him for that. He's not used to having that responsibility.)

we may keep improving but probably finish 5-7. Defense is that bad and only have 1 GOOD WR.

Could be but I disagree on the receiver thing. These guys can catch the ball well in addition to Louis, Davis, Ray, Johnson, Cox, Thomas and I think we are seeing Smith coming along.

Archived