***Auburn 30 Kentucky 27 Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

We need two more wins to be bowl eligible. Idaho is hopefully one. Where is the other?

We are so excited the NCAA is going to allow us to count the Kentucky win twice.

the J state counts as a win. You get one FCS game win counting towards bowl game

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell is Gus smiling about.

Not sure why the excitement. That was Kentucky. I have poured all my kool aid packets and all.

He wussed out a win against a no body.

He laid an egg in the 2nd half

He remains predictable

He continues to run same crazy plays for last three years with poor results

He still shows no guts

Say hat you want but this is not improvement. If so tell me where it gets better. Again this is Kentucky.

We can't play with big boys and we are out of contention for SEC west and a decent bowl.

Go ahead and take a sip and convince yourself playing in a laughing stock bowl has practice value. I call crap.

If pre season to know won't help us what the heck with two more weeks do! Instill more poor techniques??

Bama and UGA will embarrass us.

One of you gurus give me Gus records vs

Lsu

Bama

UGA

Yes this is Kentucky No. 2 in the East. Last two times we played the Wildcats we lost 14-7 with Chris Todd. Then we won with a similar score to this one (3 point win as I recall) with Cam on the way to National Championship. War Eagle!!!

I have a suggestion 3J - please go cheer for another frickin team. Youre a loser.

Gus's record vs LSU, Bama, UGA? 3-4..... With really 3.5-3.5 with second half of LSU game in 2013. Not really all that bad against 4 national champ contenders year in and out.

Where is 101, wdewde, and their "sources"? Can't wait to see who they say starts the next game.

I said White would start and the plan was to have JJ come in and play.

Dude, I wouldn't worry about trying to justify any info you get to these folks. Intel changes, most of us know that. I for one appreciate all the info you, PTB, and others bring.

Where is 101, wdewde, and their "sources"? Can't wait to see who they say starts the next game.

Dude, I wouldn't worry about trying to justify any info you get to these folks. Intel changes, most of us know that. I for one appreciate all the info you, PTB, and others bring.

Absolutely. You see the heat I get and I showed a video of Gus confirming me. They hate to love us...or love to hate us or however it goes

Absolutely. You see the heat I get and I showed a video of Gus confirming me. They hate to love us...or love to hate us or however it goes

Ha, you take heat from everyone. Tell'em the line starts to the left. :)

Why the third quarter slump in almost every game?

Halftime adjustments

Yeah, we intentionally adjust so as not to look to good on O in the third quarter.

:big:

Halftime adjustments

Yeah, we intentionally adjust so as not to look to good on O in the third quarter.

:big:/>

As with the past 4 games, I doubt it's the INTENTION to look bad, but it's the RESULT. Of course, that probably went over your head last night...

Halftime adjustments

As with the past 4 games, I doubt it's the INTENTION to look bad, but it's the RESULT. Of course, that probably went over your head last night...

Guess I shouldn't joke around with you, DTR. That was a joke, by the way. I assumed you actually meant halftime adjustments by the other team.

Halftime adjustments

Guess I shouldn't joke around with you, DTR. That was a joke, by the way. I assumed you actually meant halftime adjustments by the other team.

Some of your unneeded hostility from last night made it difficult to tell you were joking. I genuinely assume it's some part of the game plan if we're leading or close to try to slow it down and eek it out. I don't know if I've seen us keep the same tempo in the 3rd quarter while winning yet. TAMU game last year was the best 3rd quarter I've seen from this era of football yet and it was likely a separate game plan that's designed for when we're losing.

Halftime adjustments

And of course the opposition does nothing to adjust at halftime to deal with the things that were working against them.

JMO but the main reason the offense looked so stale in the 3rd quarter was that they sat on the bench for about 20+ minutes during that long drive to open the second half. Likely, all the fire and enthusiasm from halftime had gone and the coaches were taking the cautious route too...which is Gus's history.

100% agree

Did I see WR's blocking last night?

MIght that explain the success of our sweeps and quick outs?

Did the WR's finish their routes better last night than previously?

yes ....and yes....

was a pleasant surprise and even better.....none of them got called for holding.

yes ....and yes....

was a pleasant surprise and even better.....none of them got called for holding.

:bow: even better.....none of them got called for holding.

Halftime adjustments

Some of your unneeded hostility from last night made it difficult to tell you were joking. I genuinely assume it's some part of the game plan if we're leading or close to try to slow it down and eek it out. I don't know if I've seen us keep the same tempo in the 3rd quarter while winning yet. TAMU game last year was the best 3rd quarter I've seen from this era of football yet and it was likely a separate game plan that's designed for when we're losing.

If you PM me a specific link to my unneeded hostility from last night, I'll take a look and apologize if I need to.

In general, I just wasn't in the mood for folks picking apart a win that I, for one, was in the mood to celebrate. Sometimes, I think, there's too much focus on the trees, instead of the forest. And, frankly, we've been too susceptible to negative comments this season. I just wanted to enjoy the win for a minute before we all came back to reality.

:cheers:

Halftime adjustments

If you PM me a specific link to my unneeded hostility from last night, I'll take a look and apologize if I need to.

In general, I just wasn't in the mood for folks picking apart a win that I, for one, was in the mood to celebrate. Sometimes, I think, there's too much focus on the trees, instead of the forest. And, frankly, we've been too susceptible to negative comments this season. I just wanted to enjoy the win for a minute before we all came back to reality.

:cheers:/>

That's all perfectly reasonable, I just feel like people love to reply to my perceived "negativity" but can't be bothered to look at anything positive I say.

That's just the way things are presented online I guess.

It looked like Gus had Dameyune Craig near him the whole time tonight too. Don't know what that means but it was noticeable.

I kind of noticed that as well. Gus high fived him on a TD play if i recall correctly. Maybe it's been going on...idk but i did think Craig seemed to be hanging closer to Gus tonight.

Coach DC SHOULD BE THE OC!

On one play the ball was thrown in Louis direction. He never saw it. Because he was blocking his man.

I'm still quite angry at Gus for blowing a second straight #6 pre-season ranking (and for his conservative play calling), but maybe, just maybe, we can still pull an upset or two. I don't think 9-4 (which includes a bowl win) is entirely out of the realm of possibility--though neither is 5-7. I stand by my statement that '16 better be very special.

Nice to get the win but if we don't improve big time we won't make a bowl. Sorry for being a downer but that's reality, got to improve.

Kentucky was 4-1 (2-1 SEC) and only loss was to undefeated Florida. We just beat them at home. Pretty sure we're a bowl team. Could be wrong but pretty sure

a win vs Idaho gives 5 wins where is the other one coming from? We will have to upset someone who is light years better.. Anything is possible. Arkansas will whoop us.

Arky won't whoop anyone. They are slow, with a mediocre QB at best. They don't have a dominating defense either. They could still beat us though by holding the ball and grinding it out. Our defense needs to get better still. The front 7 is not good enough. Interesting to me on offense why Truitt is not getting any chances. He can fly.

On D I agree, not dominating but formidable IMO. Ive been very impressed with their DE Ledbetter, made some pretty good plays in their game against bama, and an LB I'd love to have in Brooks Ellis, guy attacks the football every snap. On O, Going against a line that big worries me with having inconsistent DL play and inconsistent LB play annnnnnnnd inconsistent DB play. Their WR group is no slouch, not as explosive as UK's group but they can still make plays. Also, there's a very big possibility we make Allen look like Joe Montana. If we we play O like we did thursday, minus the 3rd quarter, we should win this game.

Archived