Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Love the run, @augolf1716. Gonna enjoy going through it while I work this morning.

'Every Picture Tells a Story' is one of the great albums that I don't think people of my generation appreciate enough. That song in particular is an all timer. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 1:46 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Still curious about your opinion 

Coming back to this. "That's the sound of people falling out of love." Damn. This is not passive listening music. 

• Thanks 1

Not to belabor John Prine, but this song never gets old and I'm really excited about seeing these guys in Savannah in a couple weeks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love the run, @augolf1716. Gonna enjoy going through it while I work this morning.

'Every Picture Tells a Story' is one of the great albums that I don't think people of my generation appreciate enough. That song in particular is an all timer. 

W/O a doubt

On 3/29/2018 at 6:04 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Here ya go...you can borrow mine...

FA2FD037-710C-4A24-827A-BBDC26D8F666.gif

Can't thank you enough for the kind and generous offer.

I've tried, however, to avoid the habit of new borrowing to pay off older debt.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, McLoofus said:

Forgive old-man ramblings?

Years after I’d first seen Mr. Prine, and years after the relevant song was in my collection, I spent about 2-yrs as the oldest (including NCOs) resident of my barracks at Ft. Campbell. My (now) wife was then an intern in Lexington. To visit her (often as I could), I took my rice-burner bike (only transport I could afford at the time) down the Western Kentucky Parkway (not yet an Interstate) lengthwise through the state. As I passed through Muhlenberg County, and crossed the Green River, I’d look south to where Paradise had lain. The only lights on were at the power plant.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Forgive old-man ramblings?

Years after I’d first seen Mr. Prine, and years after the relevant song was in my collection, I spent about 2-yrs as the oldest (including NCOs) resident of my barracks at Ft. Campbell. My (now) wife was then an intern in Lexington. To visit her (often as I could), I took my rice-burner bike (only transport I could afford at the time) down the Western Kentucky Parkway (not yet an Interstate) lengthwise through the state. As I passed through Muhlenberg County, and crossed the Green River, I’d look south to where Paradise had lain. The only lights on were at the power plant.

Beautiful country up there. We canoed the Green once. Special memories. I have roots in Kentucky, too. Great grandparents were Wellers. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 1:02 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Aaaaaaa Pancho

On 3/31/2018 at 1:30 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

MRW the tax refund hit the account today

Forgive me, but

MRW?

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Buddy is in my top 10 of all time. Also one I never got to see in person.................................. I do remember were I was when I heard he died

If not mistaken, "The Day the Music Died."

If I may be nosy, where were you?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Rare Earth version of I'm losing you. One of the best concert bands I ever attended. Drummer 6'4" linebacker

^You and me both^ (apparently we have a few overlaps)

Repost w/o  apologies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not to belabor John Prine, but this song never gets old and I'm really excited about seeing these guys in Savannah in a couple weeks.

Will not be disappointed!

Back in TLoosa, they shared the Amphitheater stage w./ B.B. King (led/supported onstage by two guys and Lucille). Helluva concert (and was either his last or damn' near?).

Quite a few before and twice seen since. What kind of space/venue they playing in?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Will not be disappointed!

Back in TLoosa, they shared the Amphitheater stage w./ B.B. King (led/supported onstage by two guys and Lucille). Helluva concert (and was either his last or damn' near?).

Quite a few before and twice seen since. What kind of space/venue they playing in?

The Trustees' Garden here in Savannah, which I believe to be a gently sloping lawn outside some fancy civic event space. It's a music festival, and boy howdy, talk about a focused, curated, concentrated lineup: these fine folks, Jason Isbell, Gillian Welch and Marc Broussard, among a few others. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The Trustees' Garden here in Savannah, which I believe to be a gently sloping lawn outside some fancy civic event space. It's a music festival, and boy howdy, talk about a focused, curated, concentrated lineup: these fine folks, Jason Isbell, Gillian Welch and Marc Broussard, among a few others. 

All kinds'a cool.

Enjoy and (much as I will wish I were there) don't bother to take notes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

If not mistaken, "The Day the Music Died."

If I may be nosy, where were you?

Freezing my rear end off on our farm. My dad had radios on his tractors even back then Feb. 1959

• Like 1

I might've posted this before, not sure. And it's a cover. And some folks don't want to hear anyone try to sing Stevie Nicks songs except Stevie Nicks.

But I feel like this is a pretty good cover of a really great song by some really talented folks. And maybe @augolf1716 won't mind the scenery. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Freezing my rear end off on our farm. My dad had radios on his tractors even back then Feb. 1959

Progressive

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I might've posted this before, not sure. And it's a cover. And some folks don't want to hear anyone try to sing Stevie Nicks songs except Stevie Nicks.

But I feel like this is a pretty good cover of a really great song by some really talented folks. And maybe @augolf1716 won't mind the scenery. 

Good cover but like you said I do like the female scenery 

• Like 1

I enjoyed Cee Lo more when I saw Gnarls Barkley and then again singing the national anthem at a soccer game, but he settles into the chorus here even if the verses are a little... different. D Hall still got it for sure. And, damn, what a groove.

• Like 2

Somebody's probably already posted this, but it's worth another spin for the comments, which I've never, ever said about a youtube video before.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Excellent voice, integral part of the Buckingham Nicks and (later) Fleetwood Mac, and always a provider of scenery.

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Somebody's probably already posted this, but it's worth another spin for the comments, which I've never, ever said about a youtube video before.

Not just to be contrary, but

No Comment?

• Haha 1