Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

She won't be on the day that we're there. This is a multi-event festival similar (perhaps?) to Spoleto or Jazzfest. 

There is a large billboard on my commute showing a photo of her and getting to say hello to her at the end of a long workday is a half of a pillow mint that I am glad for. 

Alas

and afeared these are all reposts here:

• Like 1

I found this a couple weeks ago. Can’t remember if I posted it here. If you like John Prine you will like this 

• Thanks 1

Started on a podcast called Cocaine & Rhinestones this morning. Good so far. It's about the stories behind country music in the 20th century. As an example, the only one I've listened to so far began with a thorough history of Cajuns, dating back to before the French Indian War. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Started on a podcast called Cocaine & Rhinestones this morning. Good so far. It's about the stories behind country music in the 20th century. As an example, the only one I've listened to so far began with a thorough history of Cajuns, dating back to before the French Indian War. 

Love love cajun music but if your going on a cocaine podcast you should try a little morphine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Love love cajun music but if your going on a cocaine podcast you should try a little morphine

Oh damn, Golf! What you know about Morphine! LOVE these guys. Their  goes quite well with a bottle of wine and a friend you don't mind staying over...

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh damn, Golf! What you know about Morphine! LOVE these guys. Their  goes quite well with a bottle of wine and a friend you don't mind staying over...

Ever heard of the movie called Spanking The Monkey..........long story

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have, and I'll wait...

Well this is a start......................... this song was played at the end of the movie after he supposedly jumped off the cliff

https://www.moviefone.com/movie/spanking-the-monkey/1040/main/

Been a huge fan of theirs ever since....should say the kid did a great job of acting imo but never heard from again.

The song is just mesmerized me I listen to all the time

"Last night I told a stranger all about you They smiled patiently with disbelief I always knew you would succeed no matter what you tried And I know you did it all in spite of me"

• Like 2

Should also say this song drives my wife crazy because I listen to it so much...of course I keep asking her to spank the monkey...maybe that has something to do with it

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

TL:DNL to it all yet

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes, things pop up on my newsfeed. I saw this young man play live a few years ago. It’s always awesome to see people with amazing talent on display.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I tried to paste the whole album but...It was released approximately 11 years ago and still seems fresh. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

This is one of those moments where I'm simultaneously ashamed to be ignorant and stoked to become less so.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Sometimes, things pop up on my newsfeed. I saw this young man play live a few years ago. It’s always awesome to see people with amazing talent on display.

Something about the basketball game on in the background... Like at least one person just wandered in for a drink and some wings and left with their face melted all over their shirt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is one of those moments where I'm simultaneously ashamed to be ignorant and stoked to become less so.

??? I honestly see no cause for shame. 

Were I you, I'd stick with stoked.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2018 at 12:07 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Neither as rockin' nor as concise as Rod Stewart's oft-played cover, but 

different enough to be worth a listen, and long (monotonous?) enough for weekend posting.

All - Have a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Neither as rockin' nor as concise as Rod Stewart's oft-played cover, but 

different enough to be worth a listen, and long (monotonous?) enough for weekend posting.

All - Have a good one.

humm seems familar great stuff AUld