***Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offense a work in progress...except there is no progress....

4 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He has a high completion rate. This is just an extreme over reach. Show me a QB that doesn't overthrow and under throw a few balls a game. Just ONE

I've seen the same thing out of him several games since the very beginning. Its not even clamped receivers sometimes. It might just require a touch pass, and boom, not completed. Now he DOES make those throws, but he also frequently does not make them when you need them. If you got 3 straight passes, you want him to at least hit one of those easy ones. He hit none  

1 minute ago, metafour said:

You don't find it comical to anoint a walk-on as some sort of star player after a few catches? That is exactly what happened on here. 

He wasn't anointed anything. Now apparently it's not even allowed to praise someone when they do well as they may not do well in a game in the future. Does that not seem comical to you?

Just now, Mickeywc24 said:

Play calling on offense is terrible. Time to fuel up the jet and point it toward Louisville again.

Lol after we turned him down the last time with him pleading for the job I'd be surprised if he even answered the door

Bryan Matthews and Bill Cameron admitted on The Drive radio show here in Auburn that Gus was in trouble if he lost both the A and M and LSU games. Hard to see that not happening at this point.

We need a competitve offence. We have a good defence.  Its such a wierd scenario,...we have an offensive guru who cant come up with more than 4 plays to razzle dazzle the opposing defences.  Its like a get rich scheme...

3 minutes ago, Richard78 said:

Despite Gus's halftime comments that we need to run the ball more, the average per carry has gone down since. Now 3.2 ypc. Was over 4 at the half.

We aren't having enough success. Can't run the ball more when you keep getting stonewalled

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I've seen the same thing out of him several games since the very beginning. Its not even clamped receivers sometimes. It might just require a touch pass, and boom, not completed. Now he DOES make those throws, but he also frequently does not make them when you need them. If you got 3 straight passes, you want him to at least hit one of those easy ones. He hit none  

One was caught and one hit the receiver in the hands so....I think you're confused. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Guess i wasn't the only one seeing that but I surely can't put this game on SW. Plus we don't have better options.

Man I'm not saying this to call for Sean's head because he isn't the worst QB ever. But at what point do you just say "WHY NOT" and see if JF3 can run an entire drive? Championship aspirations are probably long gone, might as well right?

I don't see any reason we are losing that doesn't concern our offensive coaching staff. We have gotten good field position, played good defense, besides the drop by  WH we have made catches, KP was running good and tough before he was pretty much pulled from use

outrageous. This is not a team that should beat us, especially by multiple scores 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

One was caught and one hit the receiver in the hands so....I think you're confused. 

Because hitting the guy in the numbers on second down and giving him a chance for YAC is overrated huh? Also, a better throw sticks that pass in Hastings' chest, not leading him out in front when not needed.

Archived