Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

Also I do believe Gus prefers a DT QB and you will see that more and more in his recruiting practice.   Need to work on actually closing the deal now. Cough cough Stidham cough cough Joey 

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have no problem with SW. He is the best we got this year and that's fine.  

Agree. Been a big fan of his since day 1 and I think that a failure to produce with him is on the coaches, not him.

As a QB? No . That scholarship should've went to the V.Tech QB .

As an athlete, yes.

Agree again. I'll never understand their thinking on that. 

As a QB? No . That scholarship should've went to the V.Tech QB .

As an athlete, yes.

Not even as an athlete.  We already have plenty of athletes.  What position would he play?

wde

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree. Been a big fan of his since day 1 and I think that a failure to produce with him is on the coaches, not him.

I truly dont understand why they are even trying to make him a QB. At this point , I would tell the kid, listen you are the fastest player on the team.  We are going to get you on the field by putting you in the slot, motioning you, tosses and wildcat. 

No point in keeping him on the sideline.

Then I would be preparing WB in case something happens to SW.

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Not even as an athlete.  We already have plenty of athletes.  What position would he play?

wde

Left out

12 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

How many athletes you have that legitimately can run a 4.3 40?

Come on man that is silly.  You don't pass up world class speed . There are individuals making NFL rosters just based on their speed . You get those guys and you ask questions later 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Gus and staff also believe we need a qb that can at least have the ability to make a defense respect him running the ball. Gus has had success with a qb that can't  run like Chris Todd . Chris Todd wasn't nearly as effective against the SEC teams though. When has Gus been successfull without a DT QB in the SEC? Arkansas you can make an argument but he had one of the best duo of rbs that we have seen in a while. We don't have an OL atm that can hold up if we try to throw the ball 25 plus times a game. It shows how good the two rbs we have are with the defense being able to key in on them. 

You've gone from being credible to being a transparent fraud. You do know that, right?

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

You get those guys and you ask questions later 

That's eggggggsactly what I said to the people who just assumed he was a shoe-in as the starter when we signed the guy. They might've been closer to right at the time, but I certainly feel justified for that position now. Regardless, it's later now and all of us are asking questions...

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's eggggggsactly what I said to the people who just assumed he was a shoe-in as the starter when we signed the guy. They might've been closer to right at the time, but I certainly feel justified for that position now. Regardless, it's later now and all of us are asking questions...

I am just really baffled though. Very limited game tape. The game that CRL went to showed the team was far inferior. In fact, in the documentary you see the coach tell CRL that very thing. Clearly he has world class speed. So I am not tripping on them offering. I am just wondering WTH happen with the evaluation . Evans seem to be much more polished and still capable of moving very well in the pocket. JF3 has insane speed.  Maybe they felt they could deal with the speed and coach him up at QB..iono.  The NM syndrome. However, I've always said that was lightning in a bottle . Both parties were perfect for each other. I personally hate recruiting athletes UNLESS it is a can't miss athlete . I would much rather recruit a true DT QB and a true WR 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You offer them the scholarship and not send them away....

If you know who they are ...but someone on here has been swearing that Nick was an ordinary athlete...a DB playing QB and was no big deal when we signed him.  Seems we must have taken a foolish risk signing him....or what?  ...how do you know?   It's pretty easy after a couple years to be the expert. .

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is gonna make you sick.

Wonder what his numbers would be if he had played Clemson,Texas A&M and LSU?I bet they wouldn't be that good,not saying we shouldn't have offered him and he is not a good QB,just that the teams you play make a difference as far as numbers go.

53 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If you know who they are ...but someone on here has been swearing that Nick was an ordinary athlete...a DB playing QB and was no big deal when we signed him.  Seems we must have taken a foolish risk signing him....or what?  ...how do you know?   It's pretty easy after a couple years to be the expert. .

I can't speak for anybody else but as far as where we are now I was adamant about Jackson and Evans....I didn't even have to get paid.....it's not that hard. I was right about other players to and that's just from watching football in my area....there will always be misses but it's not that hard as people make it out to be. 

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

You've gone from being credible to being a transparent fraud. You do know that, right?

Don't let your man crush lead you to where you don't want to go....you say stuff like that somebody will pull up both your resumes then compare.....You probably don't want that

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hence my thread last year questioning the qb play on the coaches that everybody was so upset about that it had to be locked....

Sean is solid-pretty good. He could be a Brandon Cox clone If the freaking play calling would ever improve we could take advantage of his skill set which is a very accurate thrower in the short to intermediate routes especially in the middle of the field. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD throw more on first down and when we go "fast" hit the play action instead of another damn run up the middle that goes for 2 or 3 yards. 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

So... riddle me this.  You appear to have some sort of connection that tells you what the staff is thinking. Do they think the need a QB who can run the ball because they know the O-Line/blocking in general isn't up to snuff OR do they think they need a QB who can run because they don't think they are capable of creating a powerful offense without one no matter how good the rest of the team is? 

Good points. The Oline is a problem atm. And that's why u aren't seeing many deep long developing routes. It is my opinion that an offense like Gus ran at Tulsa would not win us a title here.  Let me rephrase though the staff does not think we have to have a dual threat qb to win games. The staff would just prefer a dual threat qb in the offense we are running and think our offensive is much more explosive when we have one. The playbook opens in our offense with that dual threat qb that the defense had to account for running every down.  It opens up wr and holes for rbs. We want to implement the zone read with our hurry up offense and it is not nearly as effective without the dt qb. That is a big reason our offense has slown down so much and not nearly as fast as 2013 etc IMO because we can't hurry to the line with the zone read play. 

10 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

The staff would just prefer a dual threat qb in the offense we are running

Yea... I think you could say that about every staff that's not running the air raid.  To bad you can count the number of quality dual threats on your fingers.

Sounds like Gus/Rhett need to spend some serious time working up alternatives to the dive when hurrying to the line, since the zone-read is out.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

How do we know that 4.3 speed is legit?  Heck, 40 times, heights and weights are notoriously exaggerated.  Even if JF3 does run a legit 4.3, again, what position do you suggest he play?  Slot?  We have more talented receivers on the bench right now not getting playing time.  Who knows if JF3 can even catch the ball?

wde

54 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

How do we know that 4.3 speed is legit?  Heck, 40 times, heights and weights are notoriously exaggerated.  Even if JF3 does run a legit 4.3, again, what position do you suggest he play?  Slot?  We have more talented receivers on the bench right now not getting playing time.  Who knows if JF3 can even catch the ball?

wde

You don't get it do you? When you have someone with World class speed, you ask questions later. This is nothing new. This is at all levels of the game. Eye test. He is by far the fastest person on our team. I don't care if you hate this guy more than sin. You cannot dispute his speed. He was fast at FSU, He was on the 4x100 team, made the finals in the open 100 in the ACC. All-American track runner. Now, I know Auburn is notorious for having these crazy hand timed forty. JF3 is well documented in being fast in high school, at FSU (Track and Football), the JUCO rank and AU. He didn't just get to AU and got Auburn Fast. So, if anybody can legitimately run a 4.3 40, I believe he can. You know what you do with guys who are super fast? You say "here son", hand them the ball and run. It is not rocket science. If someone is 7'2 and uncoordinated as crap, you don't sit there as a coach and ponder on what you already have. You get that guy on your team and figure it out later. You can't teach height and you cannot teach world class speed. Ted Ginn has one of the worst catch % in the NFL. How the heck do you think he has made it in the NFL for so long? Not because he is tall, not because of his weight. He is measured at 5'11, 178. He has made it because he legitimately can run a 4.3 40. I don't know if JF3 can catch. What I do know is he really CANNOT throw, so why are you wasting time trying to make him a QB. How the hell are you suppose to know what else he can do, if you got him sitting at QB?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You don't get it do you? When you have someone with World class speed, you ask questions later. This is nothing new. This is at all levels of the game. Eye test. He is by far the fastest person on our team. I don't care if you hate this guy more than sin. You cannot dispute his speed. He was fast at FSU, He was on the 4x100 team, made the finals in the open 100 in the ACC. All-American track runner. Now, I know Auburn is notorious for having these crazy hand timed forty. JF3 is well documented in being fast in high school, at FSU (Track and Football), the JUCO rank and AU. He didn't just get to AU and got Auburn Fast. So, if anybody can legitimately run a 4.3 40, I believe he can. You know what you do with guys who are super fast? You say "here son", hand them the ball and run. It is not rocket science. If someone is 7'2 and uncoordinated as crap, you don't sit there as a coach and ponder on what you already have. You get that guy on your team and figure it out later. You can't teach height and you cannot teach world class speed. Ted Ginn has one of the worst catch % in the NFL. How the heck do you think he has made it in the NFL for so long? Not because he is tall, not because of his weight. He is measured at 5'11, 178. He has made it because he legitimately can run a 4.3 40. I don't know JF3 can catch. What I do know is he really CANNOT throw, so why are you wasting time trying to make him a QB. How the hell are you suppose to know what else he can do, if you got him sitting at QB?

I agree he is not a QB and we are wasting our time playing him at QB.  Where we disagree is that I don't think he was worth a scholly and you do simply because he is fast.  Why not offer our sprinters on the track team a football scholly because they are fast too?   I do get it.  Ted Ginn was by far a better college football player than JF3 ever will be.

wde

25 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I agree he is not a QB and we are wasting our time playing him at QB.  Where we disagree is that I don't think he was worth a scholly and you do simply because he is fast.  Why not offer our sprinters on the track team a football scholly because they are fast too?   I do get it.  Ted Ginn was by far a better college football player than JF3 ever will be.

wde

1. JF3 is a football player, who also runs track. BIG difference. I am pretty sure there were big dudes who can ball but also played football. They probably do not want to play football, even if they did it at the high school .

2. Have you seen AU track team? No disrespect, but those guys don't even eat in their #1 sport. I wouldn't give them scholarships either. BTW, JF3 would by far be the fastest sprinter on our track team.

3. There is different types of speed. You can be track fast and not make a dang difference in football. The same way there are guys who are very agile in football, but they aren't beating track stars. JF3 can do it on the track and field (BARS).

4. You know what, you are right. Tedd Ginn was a far better college football player than JF3. Heck, he is a far better college football player than ANYONE on our squad. However, when all things are said and done, Watch JF3 somehow find a way to play at the next level. Not at QB mind you. He shouldn't be a QB.

Again, there is fast and then there is Faaast. There is tall and then there is TAALL.  Another example would be Jonathon Jones. Undrafted and makes the patriots 53 man squad. Don't have the measurements at all for a CB in the NFL. History of injuries. Yet, he got a look mainly because he ran a legit 4.3 40.

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

1. JF3 is a football player, who also runs track. BIG difference. I am pretty sure there were big dudes who can ball but also played football. They probably do not want to play football, even if they did it at the high school .

2. Have you seen AU track team? No disrespect, but those guys don't even eat in their #1 sport. I wouldn't give them scholarships either. BTW, JF3 would by far be the fastest sprinter on our track team.

3. There is different types of speed. You can be track fast and not make a dang difference in football. The same way there are guys who are very agile in football, but they aren't beating track stars. JF3 can do it on the track and field (BARS).

4. You know what, you are right. Tedd Ginn was a far better college football player than JF3. Heck, he is a far better college football player than ANYONE on our squad. However, when all things are said and done, Watch JF3 somehow find a way to play at the next level. Not at QB mind you. He shouldn't be a QB.

Again, there is fast and then there is Faaast. There is tall and then there is TAALL.  Another example would be Jonathon Jones. Undrafted and makes the patriots 53 man squad. Don't have the measurements at all for a CB in the NFL. He got a look because he ran a legit 4.3 40.

What evidence do you have that JF3 is a football player other than that he is fast and worthy of a scholly because he is fast.  He was recruited to be our starting QB and he is clearly not ready to be our starting QB because simply he is not good enough to be.  Which we both agree that he is not good enough to be our QB.   Has JF3 ever played another position other than QB?  Again, which he is not good enough at FSU or AU.  If he has not demonstrated he can play another position other than QB, then he is no different from offering a fast guy off of street a scholly just because he is fast.  Being fast is great.  But you have to have other skills to go along with it.  What skills does JF3 offer to us that makes him deserving of a scholly?

wde

17 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

What evidence do you have that JF3 is a football player that is fast worthy of a scholly because he is fast other than him playing QB?  Which we both agree, he is not good at. Has JF3 ever played another position other than QB?  Again, which he is not good enough at FSU or AU.  If he has not demonstrated he can play another position other than QB, then he is no different from offering a fast guy off of street a scholly just because he is fast.  Being fast is great.  But you have to have other skills to go along with it.  What skills does JF3 offer to us that makes him deserving of a scholly?

wde

I do not even know what this means. You want evidence, I am assuming? I will give you two. He was offered a full ride at FSU.  I don't know too many people off the street who can do that. He then RE-UPs, transfers to a JUCO because he wants to play QB at the D-1 level and somehow gets another offer to a P5 school. How did that happen? He couldn't prove himself as a QB at FSU, yet they kept him on scholarship. He chose to transfer. He didn't do much at the JUCO level, Yet AU wanted him. I don't know too many people off the street, who can garner that much respect, to earn a full ride at two premier universities, without having some skill set that may warrant those scholarships.  You would have to ask NC winner Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn why did they feel the need to offer JF3 a scholarship. I mean he can't throw. There has to be a reason. Otherwise, your point has no footing to it because right now, that is exactly what he is doing at AU. Earning a scholarship because he is fast.

Archived