Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think the he can't throw stuff is over exaggerated

Guy was hitting those sideline passes just like Sean, had one crucial drop, and slightly overthrew a pass throwing across his body. We didn't even get to see the one thing he might do better than Sean, the deep ball. I refuse to say anything about him one way or the other till he at least gets a true chance to ball, which SHOULD be tomorrow

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think the he can't throw stuff is over exaggerated

I dont . He has some velocity and if you give him time he can make short yardage passes. Other then that I don't see him consistently making those passes and if he could, he would be starting. There is no doubt in my mind that if JF3 was a marginal passers-by, he would've won the job. But hey, maybe one game he will come out and throw for multiple TDS, over 200 yards and zero interceptions and disprove me. The same way SW could disprove my thinking of him as a qb.

To say they have done weird things as far as qbing goes would be an understatement. I don't doubt that sw can throw better than him but I think saying he can't throw well enough to play the position is as exaggerated as sw throwing the types of passes that hasn't been seen before....

Yeah sw is starting ahead of him, sw also is said to be a very accurate passer right? Plus he had what 2 and a half more years in the offense?  Fact is odds were not in his favor. I guess a good discussion would be if neither knew the offense when they competed who would've started?

But like I said just because he didn't win the job doesn't mean he can't throw a lick and shouldn't even play the position...hell this coaching staff didn't think Jackson or Evans was good enough to play qb, don't trust sw in the redzone and he's a 3 year vet in the system and damn near throws 70%; came out doing the 3 qb thing...who knows what him playing or not playing means?

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

To say they have done weird things as far as qbing goes would be an understatement. I don't doubt that sw can throw better than him but I think saying he can't throw well enough to play the position is as exaggerated as sw throwing the types of passes that hasn't been seen before....

Yeah sw is starting ahead of him, sw also is said to be a very accurate passer right? Plus he had what 2 and a half more years in the offense?  Fact is odds were not in his favor. I guess a good discussion would be if neither knew the offense when they competed who would've started?

But like I said just because he didn't win the job doesn't mean he can't throw a lick and shouldn't even play the position...hell this coaching staff didn't think Jackson or Evans was good enough to play qb, don't trust sw in the redzone and he's a 3 year vet in the system and damn near throws 70%; came out doing the 3 qb thing...who knows what him playing or not playing means?

He couldn't win it at FSU. Ok, whatever. It happens. He went the JUCO route. Could not win the job outright there. Ok, I will give him a pass there. He comes to AU, where the coaching staff specifically brought him in to win the job. IMO, did everything possible for him to win the job..He still hasn't won the job. Something is wrong with that picture. I can't speak for LJ or Evans, but they were able to get on the field at their perspective schools and ultimately win the starting position. 

Yes, SW is an accurate passer. This is probably why he is playing the QB position and starting. But bottom line, this has nothing to do with SW. JF3 has had multiple opportunities to outrightly win a QB competition at multiple programs. He hasn't done so. He wasn't getting any P5 offers for QB at the JUCO ranks beside AU. Unless, he plans on transferring down to a smaller school, which he pretty much showed his beneath him, then I don't see him playing QB at the P5 level.

Well that's my point. Our staff didn't offer them but they are on the field successful. So the fact that he's not playing here doesn't mean he's not capable of playing qb. He wasn't able to learn the offense in the spring......that's not surprising

5 hours ago, DAG said:

1. JF3 is a football player, who also runs track. BIG difference. I am pretty sure there were big dudes who can ball but also played football. They probably do not want to play football, even if they did it at the high school .

2. Have you seen AU track team? No disrespect, but those guys don't even eat in their #1 sport. I wouldn't give them scholarships either. BTW, JF3 would by far be the fastest sprinter on our track team.

3. There is different types of speed. You can be track fast and not make a dang difference in football. The same way there are guys who are very agile in football, but they aren't beating track stars. JF3 can do it on the track and field (BARS).

4. You know what, you are right. Tedd Ginn was a far better college football player than JF3. Heck, he is a far better college football player than ANYONE on our squad. However, when all things are said and done, Watch JF3 somehow find a way to play at the next level. Not at QB mind you. He shouldn't be a QB.

Again, there is fast and then there is Faaast. There is tall and then there is TAALL.  Another example would be Jonathon Jones. Undrafted and makes the patriots 53 man squad. Don't have the measurements at all for a CB in the NFL. History of injuries. Yet, he got a look mainly because he ran a legit 4.3 40.

I will say that reading through this did make me think of Tim Carter. Couldn't catch a cold at AU but somehow made it to a pretty decent backup career in the NFL. 

Why did Carter make it in the league... One reason and one reason only... His legit 4.3 speed. Does JF3 truly have that kind of speed? I dont know, but DAG does in fact have a point about pure speed.

Just FYI since yall brought JF3 in to the conversation I will bring in Jerod Evans. First of all how in the blue hell could they evaluate both jf3 and evans and decide YAH lets go with the back up qb for a juco school?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! Not only do rhett and gus miss continually on their top choices but when they have a chance to rectify the situation they make a absolute boneheaded error. Lets just be real about it. They cannot evaluate HS qbs worth a damn and now apparently not juco ones either. Jerod Evans through 4 games has thrown for 970 yards 13 tds and one INT and has been over 60% completion percentage every game. If we had Evans right now and they played him exclusively as the starter and none of that BS they did vs clemson we would be undefeated right now. So damn frustrating. we have the pieces around the QB. yah Line is a little leaky in pass pro but Evans has wheels to escape unlike SW. Our WRs are talented LET THEM EAT.

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Have y'all seen Jason Smith this season? 

Shows the talent upgrade. Jason was the number 2 wr and now can't see the field....

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well that's my point. Our staff didn't offer them but they are on the field successful. So the fact that he's not playing here doesn't mean he's not capable of playing qb. He wasn't able to learn the offense in the spring......that's not surprising

We have probably the most basic, simple O playbook in all of college football.  The fact that he can't grasp it is telling.  But, IMO, I don't really the believe the reason he his not playing is because he can't grasp a HS playbook.  It is because he is simply not good enough to play QB at AU or FSU or Juco.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

We have probably the most basic, simple O playbook in all of college football.  The fact that he can't grasp it is telling.  But, IMO, I don't really the believe the reason he his not playing is because he can't grasp a HS playbook.  It is because he is simply not good enough to play QB at AU or FSU or Juco.

wde

which speaks even more to me and the others who's whole point is that rhett and gus cannot evaluate qbs worth a damn.

Yeah you can make alot of assumptions but all in all you don't know. And to say the fact he can't know an offense in a spring as well as a guy who has been in it for 3 years is hilarious

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah you can make alot of assumptions but all in all you don't know. And to say the fact he can't know an offense in a spring as well as a guy who has been in it for 3 years is hilarious

Nick didn't have a problem learning the O after coming in even later than JF3.  Of course SW and JJ should know the offense better since they have been in it for longer than JF3.  But again, the only reason JF3 was given a scholly is because for some reason Rhett Lashlee thought he was the next DT QB at AU and would be the starter this season.  Obviously, Rhett Lashlee screwed up by offering a scholly to someone who is not good enough to be a starting QB at either the D1 level or the Juco level.  

wde

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

which speaks even more to me and the others who's whole point is that rhett and gus cannot evaluate qbs worth a damn.

I agree.  The fact that Lashlee thought JF3 would be our starter at QB is damn near grounds for firing his butt regardless of how he does at being the real OC the rest of the season.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I agree.  The fact that Lashlee thought JF3 would be our starter at QB is damn near grounds for firing his butt regardless of how he does at being the real OC the rest of the season.

wde

It really is frustrating he went and saw both Jerod Evans and JF3 in person and decided on extending the scholly to jf3 and not evans. Like are you serious?! How the heck did you come to that conclusion? O there have been numerous times over the last few years where missed evals were grounds for dismissal with rhett and gus. I def agree with that.

38 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Nick didn't have a problem learning the O after coming in even later than JF3.  Of course SW and JJ should know the offense better since they have been in it for longer than JF3.  But again, the only reason JF3 was given a scholly is because for some reason Rhett Lashlee thought he was the next DT QB at AU and would be the starter this season.  Obviously, Rhett Lashlee screwed up by offering a scholly to someone who is not good enough to be a starting QB at either the D1 level or the Juco level.  

wde

Once again who's to say he doesn't know the playbook, he just doesn't know it like sw. You really don't know how good this guy is because you haven't seen him play. The only thing you can assume is he isn't better than sw. But that's an assumption that you would have had to make that jj is better than sw around this time last year as well....

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again who's to say he doesn't know the playbook, he just doesn't know it like sw. You really don't know how good this guy is because you haven't seen him play. The only thing you can assume is he isn't better than sw. But that's an assumption that you would have had to make that jj is better than sw around this time last year as well....

There are many people that have seen JF3 play at FSU, Juco and AU that are far more qualified than me or you.  Gus/Rhett want him to be the man and even those two inept QB coaches can't bring themselves to start him is further evidence the guy is simply not a good QB.  Around this time last year JJ had played far worse than SW has this season and to this point SW has played as good or better competition (which is always one of your talking points) than JJ did before he deservedly got benched.  JJ was not coached well by Gus/Rhett but he clearly lost it in terms of being able to handle the pressure even in a simplified offense.  SW is not even very good with Gus/Rhett coaching him.  He is average.  But he is by far the best option and could even be better than average should he get good playcalling and coaching.  JJ is a lost cause and JF3 is a wasted scholly.  Maybe Barrett is the man.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

There are many people that have seen JF3 play at FSU, Juco and AU that are far more qualified than me or you.  Gus/Rhett want him to be the man and even those two inept QB coaches can't bring themselves to start him is further evidence the guy is simply not a good QB.  Around this time last year JJ had played far worse than SW has this season and to this point SW has played as good or better competition (which is always one of your talking points) than JJ did before he deservedly got benched.  JJ was not coached well by Gus/Rhett but he clearly lost it in terms of being able to handle the pressure even in a simplified offense.  SW is not even very good with Gus/Rhett coaching him.  He is average.  But he is by far the best option and could even be better than average should he get good playcalling and coaching.  JJ is a lost cause and JF3 is a wasted scholly.  Maybe Barrett is the man.

wde

All that you said basically had nothing to do with the fact that you don't know if he can play or not. You definitely don't know if he can't play qb on any level. Period.  The only logic you could try to use if sw was horrible and they still wouldn't let jf3 play, but he's played pretty decent.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

All that you said basically had nothing to do with the fact that you don't know if he can play or not. You definitely don't know if he can't play qb on any level. Period.  The only logic you could try to use if sw was horrible and they still wouldn't let jf3 play, but he's played pretty decent.

Quit being simple and dense.  Do you think or know if he can play?  If you think yes, then my opinion that he cannot has vastly more evidence than you trying to prop him up.  FSU coaches, Juco coaches, and AU coaches have deemed him not good enough to be a starting QB.  What more evidence do you need Cole?

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Quit being simple and dense.  Do you think or know if he can play?  If you think yes, then my opinion that he cannot has vastly more evidence than you trying to prop him up.  FSU coaches, Juco coaches, and AU coaches have deemed him not good enough to be a starting QB.  What more evidence do you need Cole?

wde

Don't start the name calling just because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Ok so he didn't beat out jamies Winston....at most like I said you can say he's not better than sw....it's not like sw is trash. No he might not be good enough to be a starting qb for us, that doesn't mean he's not good enough to play qb period. 

Oh and if you show where I tried to "prop" him up that would be great...

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't start the name calling just because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Ok so he didn't beat out jamies Winston....at most like I said you can say he's not better than sw....it's not like sw is trash. No he might not be good enough to be a starting qb for us, that doesn't mean he's not good enough to play qb period. 

Oh and if you show where I tried to "prop" him up that would be great...

No name calling. Just the truth.  You are intentionally being obtuse.  You continue to passive aggressively make excuses for JJ and now you are doing the same for JF3.  LOL, JF3 did not beat out Winston, but he also did not beat out a kid at Juco that was only offered a walk-on position at Miss State.  Quit playing this game.  You are not doing well.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

No name calling. Just the truth.  You are intentionally being obtuse.  You continue to passive aggressively make excuses for JJ and now you are doing the same for JF3.  LOL, JF3 did not beat out Winston, but he also did not beat out a kid at Juco that was only offered a walk-on position at Miss State.  Quit playing this game.  You are not doing well.

wde

Dude shut up. I don't passive aggressive do anything. I say excuses made for sw should apply for jj and I said it out right which has nothing to do with this btw

I've never seen grown men so sensitive that can't take somebody not agreeing with them...you're trying to be all dramatic shut up. Like I said the only thing you can say is he couldn't beat out sw and apparently he made it close. That's it. You don't know if he's a bad qb. 

And please stop make pretending you're some sort of intellectual...when you can't even back up anything you say and you have tantrums because you're stuck. 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Dude shut up. I don't passive aggressive do anything. I say excuses made for sw should apply for jj and I said it out right which has nothing to do with this btw

I've never seen grown men so sensitive that can't take somebody not agreeing with them...you're trying to be all dramatic shut up. Like I said the only thing you can say is he couldn't beat out sw and apparently he made it close. That's it. You don't know if he's a bad qb. 

And please stop make pretending you're some sort of intellectual...when you can't even back up anything you say and you have tantrums because you're stuck. 

LOL.  You are the one that is a drama queen.  I can take anyone disagreeing with me.  You are simply arguing an agenda.  Quit playing the poor, pitiful misundertsood me card.  It should be beneath you.  Do you kneel during the national anthem too?

wde

Archived