Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

If you are offered a scholly with the intention of being the starting QB (see Nick) and you can't beat out an average QB (based mainly on the coaching staff's  limitations) then yes, JF3 should have never been awarded a scholly.  Woody Barrett and even JJ are better backups than JF3.

Letting JF3 play the game is fine.  He just should not be on scholly at AU.

wde

so according to you a guy should get recruited and a scholly but if he doesn't start he loses his scholly. he is your second string qb right now every second string guy has a scholly. you are out of your mind and dead wrong!

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

white played a nice solid game and is really deadly in the short pass game with tough throws and perfectly placed balls. it also easy to see jf3 athletic ability and what is can do if he can continue to improve and learn. white and franklin are different athletes with different skill sets. jf3 can really make you pay if you leave him a hole to run threw.

Are we seriously still talking this same crap?

SW - average height average arm strength good pocket awareness good short/intermediate passer, moderately average long ball, limited in the run game. 

JF III - electric speed, throws a decent deep ball, has good arm strength but haven't seen enough short medium throws to know what he can do there, no idea how he really is in the zone read because of limited numbers but has speed.

ok there it is boys the same discussion coming out of spring ball.  Just go with who we have now seems there is a huge agenda by a few on the board.

The bottom line is if the running game is working either QB can be successful in this offense.  If the run game isn't there it's a struggle.

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

SW - average height average arm strength good pocket awareness good short/intermediate passer, moderately average long ball, limited in the run game. 

JF III - electric speed, throws a decent deep ball, has good arm strength but haven't seen enough short medium throws to know what he can do there, no idea how he really is in the zone read because of limited numbers but has speed.

ok there it is boys the same discussion coming out of spring ball.  Just go with who we have now seems there is a huge agenda by a few on the board.

The bottom line is if the running game is working either QB can be successful in this offense.  If the run game isn't there it's a struggle.

It can be a completely different running game with Sean White and JF3. JF3 is miles better with the read option. There's little to no running threat with Sean White with the read option. 

On 10/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, AUIH1 said:

If you are offered a scholly with the intention of being the starting QB (see Nick) and you can't beat out an average QB (based mainly on the coaching staff's  limitations) then yes, JF3 should have never been awarded a scholly.  Woody Barrett and even JJ are better backups than JF3.

wde

Just terrible

Sean White Discusses the Win over ULM

Was really happy to hear what SW has to say about how the QB's all get along behind the scenes, starting at 2:21 into this not quite 4 minute interview:

On 10/2/2016 at 3:49 AM, corchjay said:

I don't get posts like these when nobody has been arguing about them...And then it gets likes???

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Try arguing with him....

LOL.  Just tell him I will win Cole and save him the trouble.:cool:

wde

You realize how stupid you look and sound after this thread? 

You know what nevermind...yeah you'll win ha...ha...ha. Everybody thinks you win all your arguments.....

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just terrible

Yeah, it really is.  The whole SW v. JFIII banter isn't even the real issue.  Both are the victims of a three QB race that was allowed to go on waaaaaay too long.  Both have a lot to offer and, if utilized correctly, we could be undefeated.

45 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I can't believe I read through this entire thread

LOL! You're not alone, brother. You're not alone.

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I can't believe I read through this entire thread

If you really want to laugh look at the dates and times of the last couple of pages......read the posts in relation to when the game was played you'll lyao

On 10/1/2016 at 4:50 PM, AUIH1 said:

wde

This is just wrong.

Every time I see the title to this post... I get that "Salt n Pepa"  song "let's talk about sex" stuck in my head and I can't get it out...

but the lyrics are different and goes:

Let's talk about Sean baby... let's talk about JF III...

Let's talk about ALL the good things and the BAD things that may be.... let's talk about Sean...

Let's talk about.... Sean...

and now I hope the rest of you guys get that stupid song stuck in your head too...   :beer2:

17 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Every time I see the title to this post... I get that "Salt n Pepa"  song "let's talk about sex" stuck in my head and I can't get it out...

Let's talk about ALL the good things and the BAD things that may be.... let's talk about Sean...

and now I hope the rest of you guys get that stupid song stuck in your head too...   :beer2:

It is. And...now I hate you. That is all. :big:  (j/k.  I think. ;) )

4 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

Funny! ...that song has crossed my mind a time or two as well. :cheers:

SW now has the best completion percentage in the entire league and is 3rd in qbr http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/player/passing/completionPct

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

SW now has the best completion percentage in the entire league and is 3rd in qbr http://secsports.go.com/statistics/football/player/passing/completionPct

Yup... he's a pretty decent QB against inferior competition :glare: </sarcasim>

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... he's a pretty decent QB against inferior competition 

Totally agree. 

Archived