***Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ's first bead of sweat is infinity times the amount of work he's put in for AU compared to me but I'll be happy to see him end his AU career tonight. I wish it was a better story I feel for him and he has played well tonight outside of this pick.

Double coverage pick right to the defender. Just poetic.

That play explains the last several games of the season.

But glad JJ tried.

Nice drive right up until he threw into double coverage the QB situation is a total disaster this year. Looking for better next year 

That's jj

We have one QB who has a great arm, one with great speed, and one with great passing efficiency. If we could but them all together that would be the elite QB

I actually applaud Brent and Jesse for making all of this seem as if it is Oklahoma playing that well. Granted, their offense has played extremely well. However, I'm thankful they aren't piling onto us. 

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

At what point in that play did Stevens appear to be open JJ?

Funny.  Throw it to the guy in the trap

and maybe we hire a Briles now that the sunshine pumpers won't be believing that Rhett was responsible for the good run we had and the powers to be put the foot down on the Rhett sh(t show we have had for 4 years

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like our secondary don't act like trash. I sit there and watch Trey Matthews talk crap every game. Every freaking game. You don't like it. Stop it. This is big boy football.  Mind you, I love Mayfield and the swagger he has. Curse me all you want

Auburn isn't going to give Mayfield his humble pie because they have already layed down. He will get it by somebody though. Talking s*** to a DT isn't smart. 

If Gus does this in the Citrus Bowl, he still doesn't get fired, so all the wishful hoping that this is going to do it after a "prestigious" Sugar Bowl berth is understood, but no chance.

Just now, Charhair said:

At first I was excited we were playing in the sugar bowl even if we lost because it was still exposure 

but we're just on national tv embarrassing ourselves instead

Yes we did. Worst than I though we wood. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tony stevens got to be a defender right there

Stevens is a the biggest waste of talent since the deangelo Benton .. 

JJ is a classy individual and I wish him nothing but the best but that INT was typical he locked in on that Receiver and never looked away there were two defenders there. He knew who he was going to throw to and so did everybody else.

Just now, AU64 said:

Nice drive right up until he threw into double coverage the QB situation is a total disaster this year. Looking for better next year 

Hope the QB for next year doesn't need any QB coaching because he won't receive any from our staff 

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Love me some AU qb's. :no:

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

After the first three tips by the defense when Stevens was reaching back to try and catch it (right before it was intercepted) . JJ saw the future before he passed it and took a risk

Archived