NFL Thread

aujeff11

11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Booger McFarland is terrible in the booth on MNF. Upgrade from Jason Witten, but only slightly.

I want to like him. I really do. I'm sure he'd be a lot of fun to watch the game with at BWW or something. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I want to like him. I really do. I'm sure he'd be a lot of fun to watch the game with at BWW or something. 

Haha. It really is amazing to me to have such bad color commentary on the premier spot in all of sports. All the way around, NBC's SNF coverao has eclipsed ESPN's MNF coverage.

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Haha. It really is amazing to me to have such bad color commentary on the premier spot in all of sports. All the way around, NBC's SNF coverao has eclipsed ESPN's MNF coverage.

Completely agree. Collinsworth is what he is but the dude knows his stuff and he and Al are pros. SNF really does feel like the premier event every weekend. 

Crazy how every Thursday night feels about like Thursday night NCAAF MACtion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Completely agree. Collinsworth is what he is but the dude knows his stuff and he and Al are pros. SNF really does feel like the premier event every weekend. 

Crazy how every Thursday night feels about like Thursday night NCAAF MACtion. 

Collinsworth used to bug me, but I've really come around to liking him. He and Al are the best crew out there, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Collinsworth used to bug me, but I've really come around to liking him. He and Al are the best crew out there, IMO. 

Agreed. And Collinsworth still bugs me but not because I don't think he does a damned good job.

If he were an actor, he'd be that character actor who's always getting the smarmy defense attorney or sniveling accountant or slimy boss or creepy stepdad roles. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. And Collinsworth still bugs me but not because I don't think he does a damned good job.

If he were an actor, he'd be that character actor who's always getting the smarmy defense attorney or sniveling accountant or slimy boss or creepy stepdad roles. 

Yeah I think that is what used to bug me about him. At some point I started to really enjoy the guy, and forgot why I ever disliked him in the first place. 

• Like 1

It's crazy to think we're going to be seeing a mass changing of the guard in the NFL. There are a lot of quarterbacks who have to be close to on their way out or essentially finished even though their teams won't pull the trigger.

Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray [NEW]

Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan [12th Season and he's 34] could be out within the next 3 years

Baltimore Ravens - Lamar Jackson [NEW]

Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen [NEW]

Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton (a lot of Panthers fans believe he's on his way out)

Chicago Bears - Mitchell Trubisky [NEW]

Cincinnati Bengals - Andy Dalton (his time is almost up)

Cleveland Browns - Baker Mayfield [NEW]

Dallas Cowboys - Dak Prescott (still relatively new/young)

Denver Broncos - Joe Flacco (not going to be a long lasting relationship)

Detroit Lions - Matt Stafford (I think he still has some time left)

Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers (believe it or not it's his 15th season and at 35 he might not have much longer in the league).

Houston Texans - Deshaun Watson (still young)

Indianapolis Colts - I don't see them sticking with Jacoby Brissett (man did they over pay him in a reactionary move)

Jacksonville Jaguars - Gardner Minshew is currently running the show so [NEW]

Kansas City Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes [NEW]

Los Angeles Chargers - Philip Rivers (can't have much longer)

Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff (only 24)

Miami Dolphins - Fitzpatrick is filling in but one would think Josh Rosen is still the plan

Minnesota Vikings - Kirk Cousins (8th season and I don't see him going anywhere)

New England Patriots - Tom Brady (3 seasons left max and it seems JStid may have a shot at taking over)

New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees (on the way out)

New York Giants - Daniel Jones [NEW]

New York Jets - Sam Darnold [Young]

Oakland Raiders - Derrick Carr [Young]

Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz [Young]

Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roeth (on the way out)

San Francisco 49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo (6th year still only 27)

Seattle Seahawks - Russell Wilson (8th season)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston (I believe he's on his way out)

Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota (still young)

Washington Redskins - Dwayne Haskins will be the future after a season or two

It's a fun time in the NFL with all the old cats on their way out and a lot of promising young bucks! 

• Haha 1

He just seems to have went haywire. Unless this is something that’s been a long running theme with him and it’s just now getting out but I can’t recall any trouble at all with him until last season. 

Matt Ryan jeez willikers. Throw it down the middle of the field,  and overthrow the receiver right into the hands of the safety. He already has six interceptions in 2 and 1/4 games

It’s ridiculous for Cleveland to have assembled as much talent in the “skill” positions as they have and have such a trashy offensive line. Also, how does an entire secondary become injured?

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Guess I was wrong. Maybe he could make a difference.

This kid looked legit in the preseason. Just looked like a QB is supposed to. I almost picked him up in a couple of my FFB leagues and I wish I'd had the cojones to carry through w/ it. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This kid looked legit in the preseason. Just looked like a QB is supposed to. I almost picked him up in a couple of my FFB leagues and I wish I'd had the cojones to carry through w/ it. 

I had to reserve my thoughts but things will go to the crapper because SaQuads had to be sacrificed for him.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1