Last time AU beat LSU in Baton Rouge...

GwillMac6

I was 10 years old. Blue Streak was number 1 at the movie box office. Unpretty by TLC was the number 1 song on the billboard top 100. Urban Meyer had still never been a head coach and was still the WR coach at Notre Dame. Jim Harbaugh had never even been a coach yet and was still playing in the NFL for the San Diego Chargers. Nick Saban was 0-3 in bowl games and had a legendary  33-24 record coming in to the 99 season.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...it's been a bit.

Looking at the schedule, it appears this game will either be the 2:30 CBS game or one of the two evening ESPN/2 slots. My hope is that a pretty average Florida team trounces LSU this week so their fans don't get too worked up for an afternoon or night game the next week against AU.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was 10 years old. Blue Streak was number 1 at the movie box office. Unpretty by TLC was the number 1 song on the billboard top 100. Urban Meyer had still never been a head coach and was still the WR coach at Notre Dame. Jim Harbaugh had never even been a coach yet and was still playing in the NFL for the San Diego Chargers. Nick Saban was 0-3 in bowl games and had a legendary  33-24 record coming in to the 99 season.

I, too, was 10. It’s been too long...

...we lost to Ole Miss the following week?

Color me in the "one game at a time" camp.

38 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

Yeah...it's been a bit.

Looking at the schedule, it appears this game will either be the 2:30 CBS game or one of the two evening ESPN/2 slots. My hope is that a pretty average Florida team trounces LSU this week so their fans don't get too worked up for an afternoon or night game the next week against AU.

I see UF being a bounce back game for LSU. Snaggletooth clearly doesn't trust Feliepe for whatever reasons, and refuses to give him a fighter's chance at excelling at QB. That is if Guice can play. Otherwise they're probably getting destroyed. Brennan isn't much of anything, Etling is horrible, and I wouldnt want to waste Narcisse's potential with this season 

13 years old. Remember being shocked that we somehow ran up a 41-7 lead on them.

32 now. Got a Cohiba ready.

We only lost to Ole Miss because we lost our QB. If Leard had stayed healthy, we would've beaten State and Ole Miss that year.

I will be returning to Baton Rouge for the first time a 10 years. No way I'm missing Orgeron's first and last Auburn game in Baton Rouge.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When I read this headline, I filled in the rest of the sentence with "I was ten years old"... 

We need to pump the brakes thinking a W in BTR is a definite right now.  

NO ONE is overlooking this game. I personally think it is going to be a lot more difficult than people think. I think LSU beats florida this weekend and gets a lot of momentum.

I was 15, sitting in a field quail hunting with my father and several others while listening to the game on the radio through my headphones.

It was my sophomore year. That night is memorable because of the game and because I drank about a case of beer and hooked up with  a very unattractive and not slim girl. Thanks for bringing up long lost memories.

2 minutes ago, Grinder said:

It was my sophomore year. That night is memorable because of the game and because I drank about a case of beer and hooked up with  a very unattractive and not slim girl. Thanks for brining up long lost memories.

So you were...grinding...one out? :tease:

I was 17 and in the middle of LSU territory (and a known Auburn fan) so my friends were not happy watching that game with me. :D

I don't think LSU bounces back. They might beat Florida without the better QB but the rest of the West will eat them up this year unless they show major improvements. 3-9/4-8 is highly probable.

Archived