Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I feel sure they have needed to work hard Ben

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said 

Did you read the article. Her accusation has more corraboration than Ford's. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Read the article you saw the quote pasted from. It is a damn joke.

And yet NYT apparently still does not want to run with this?    And if this were common knowledge among Yalies….how did the FBI miss it during the several times they vetted BK?    Starting to wonder about the FBI if they are no more thorough than that?     

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And yet NYT apparently still does not want to run with this?    And if this were common knowledge among Yalies….how did the FBI miss it during the several times they vetted BK?    Starting to wonder about the FBI if they are no more thorough than that?     

How far will BK chase this IYO? He has the right to clear his name one would think. In this entire fiasco he has not wavered a bit.   

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tell Laura I found Dark Money to be a joke. You know the book about " hidden secrets and the billionaires behind the radical right. Jeez.  

The thing about that passage in the article is that, if it's true, it would actually make the biggest weak point - her uncertain memory - not matter. It doesn't matter if she's certain who it was if we have conversations of other people discussing it before it was public, pointing to Kavanaugh.

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And yet NYT apparently still does not want to run with this? 

They didn't get the interview with Ramirez. The New Yorker did. That's why NYT didn't run it. 

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And if this were common knowledge among Yalies….how did the FBI miss it during the several times they vetted BK?    Starting to wonder about the FBI if they are no more thorough than that?  

One of those things you have to know what you're looking for before it's obvious. BG checks aren't all encompassing, but now that this has come to light, they need to dig deeper. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

They didn't get the interview with Ramirez. The New Yorker did. That's why NYT didn't run it. 

An NYT reporter I saw on the TV news yesterday said they didn't publish more on the story because they interviewed "around two dozen" Yale contemporaries that should have known about such an incident and they couldn't find anybody that remembered any such thing.

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Wonder what Bill Clinton is thinking when Dems want to prosecute sex crimes from 36 years ago;D

He doesnt worry about it at all. Unfortunately he knows this is a one way street with sexual harassment and rape. Clintons are above the law. Someone pointed out last nite, the only person so far going to court was a black man named Cosby. There are dozens of white males out there that have as bad or worse than Cosby, but no trials for them yet.

I had a conversation yesterday evening with a friend who was sexually assaulted (raped actually) at a party in high school.  It was multiple guys who took advantage of her having had too much to drink.  It was her first time going to a 'real' party and she snuck out to do it.  First time being introduced to jello shots and they all had their turn with her and she was too drunk to resist or fully grasp what was happening until hours later.  For various reasons (some of which I cannot share for fear of identifying her) from being afraid of being kicked out of a prestigious academic program for underage drinking to sneaking out, she didn't report it at the time.  She was scared, embarrassed, ashamed.  It would have been great if she'd have had the courage at 15 or 16 yrs old to go to the police, get a rape kit done, press charges - but she didn't.  I knew her from elementary school.  Brilliant student but so unsure of herself, always struggling to fit in with more popular kids.  She just didn't have the courage to do it.

She's a very successful, accomplished woman now.  Works for a company everyone here would know and has worked her way quite high up because she's probably one of the smartest, hardest working people I've ever known.  Good marriage, beautiful children, a really good life - but 30+ years later this still hurts.  It doesn't go away.  Sometimes she looks in the mirror and the horrible image of what she looked like in the immediate aftermath flashes back to her.  The shame is still very real, though not as white-hot as it once was and not constant.

Last year she tried to do her own "investigation." It was a bust. Guy that took her to the party says he doesn't remember going to the party or the wreck he almost had on the way home that night. Granted, he was pretty wasted that night but that didn't stop him about a year later after that night saying terrible things about her to a bunch of guys, including the guy who she ended up marrying.  He also said some pretty awful things to her on the phone this time making her think he knows something but isn't going to even think of helping her.  She reached out to the guy who threw the party and he flat refused to talk about it at all and told her to never mention it again. One person who she remembers being there has passed away.  Another girl there that night and partied there frequently described the events of a night that line up with what my friend remembers, but she doesn't remember seeing her. 

So she's left in limbo.  It would be pointless to speak out now.  No physical evidence.  Thirty-plus years ago.  People at the party who either remember stuff and refuse to help or don't remember anything significant.  Folks who pass away.  She ought to be able to speak up and tell her story, but the shitstorm she'd face from former classmates wouldn't be worth it.  There would be no justice and all it would do is drag her family into the spotlight to hear her called a liar, attention (and actual) whore, and so on.  But...

...what if one of the guys who raped her was about to be elected a US Senator, or was running for governor, or POTUS?  Or being nominated as a justice to the US Supreme Court?  Is that a big enough reason to take the risk?  More than that, does she have a responsibility to speak up?  Should she have to keep quiet?  Should she not get to tell her story?  Should we call her names, accuse her of getting paid to make up this story, say she asked for it because of her poor choices that night (which she fully acknowledges), call her crazy?  Is the fact that it's been 3 decades enough to just write her off, trash her on social media with stupid, inaccurate memes, and accelerate the confirmation vote timeline?

It just really hits home for me on this, because I know my friend and the kind of person of character she is.  We need to change the knee-jerk way we react and handle things when someone finally has the courage to come forward.  My and your politics need to go out the window.  

34 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We need to change the knee-jerk way we react and handle things when someone finally has the courage to come forward.

Yep we need to exercise extreme caution too. Many INNOCENT men have had their lives ruined. That is equally unjust. 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yep we need to exercise extreme caution too. Many INNOCENT men have had their lives ruined. That is equally unjust. 

Also, think of the politics here. If it wasnt for bad political practices on both sides of the aisle,  people would be less likely to not pre-judge automatically assume its for political reasons. Its not above either side...theres just no pretending it.

1 minute ago, SaturdayGT said:

Also, think of the politics here. If it wasnt for bad political practices on both sides of the aisle,  people would be less likely to not pre-judge automatically assume its for political reasons. Its not above either side...theres just no pretending it.

But honestly, which side fired the first shot? 

27 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yeah that dude is an idiot

Just one of those that you know is going to **** up eventually, and in an epic manner. His fans can be every bit as insufferable as 45s. 

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I had a conversation yesterday evening with a friend who was sexually assaulted (raped actually) at a party in high school.  It was multiple guys who took advantage of her having had too much to drink.  It was her first time going to a 'real' party and she snuck out to do it.  First time being introduced to jello shots and they all had their turn with her and she was too drunk to resist or fully grasp what was happening until hours later.  For various reasons (some of which I cannot share for fear of identifying her) from being afraid of being kicked out of a prestigious academic program for underage drinking to sneaking out, she didn't report it at the time.  She was scared, embarrassed, ashamed.  It would have been great if she'd have had the courage at 15 or 16 yrs old to go to the police, get a rape kit done, press charges - but she didn't.  I knew her from elementary school.  Brilliant student but so unsure of herself, always struggling to fit in with more popular kids.  She just didn't have the courage to do it.

She's a very successful, accomplished woman now.  Works for a company everyone here would know and has worked her way quite high up because she's probably one of the smartest, hardest working people I've ever known.  Good marriage, beautiful children, a really good life - but 30+ years later this still hurts.  It doesn't go away.  Sometimes she looks in the mirror and the horrible image of what she looked like in the immediate aftermath flashes back to her.  The shame is still very real, though not as white-hot as it once was and not constant.

Last year she tried to do her own "investigation." It was a bust. Guy that took her to the party says he doesn't remember going to the party or the wreck he almost had on the way home that night. Granted, he was pretty wasted that night but that didn't stop him about a year later after that night saying terrible things about her to a bunch of guys, including the guy who she ended up marrying.  He also said some pretty awful things to her on the phone this time making her think he knows something but isn't going to even think of helping her.  She reached out to the guy who threw the party and he flat refused to talk about it at all and told her to never mention it again. One person who she remembers being there has passed away.  Another girl there that night and partied there frequently described the events of a night that line up with what my friend remembers, but she doesn't remember seeing her. 

So she's left in limbo.  It would be pointless to speak out now.  No physical evidence.  Thirty-plus years ago.  People at the party who either remember stuff and refuse to help or don't remember anything significant.  Folks who pass away.  She ought to be able to speak up and tell her story, but the shitstorm she'd face from former classmates wouldn't be worth it.  There would be no justice and all it would do is drag her family into the spotlight to hear her called a liar, attention (and actual) whore, and so on.  But...

...what if one of the guys who raped her was about to be elected a US Senator, or was running for governor, or POTUS?  Or being nominated as a justice to the US Supreme Court?  Is that a big enough reason to take the risk?  More than that, does she have a responsibility to speak up?  Should she have to keep quiet?  Should she not get to tell her story?  Should we call her names, accuse her of getting paid to make up this story, say she asked for it because of her poor choices that night (which she fully acknowledges), call her crazy?  Is the fact that it's been 3 decades enough to just write her off, trash her on social media with stupid, inaccurate memes, and accelerate the confirmation vote timeline?

It just really hits home for me on this, because I know my friend and the kind of person of character she is.  We need to change the knee-jerk way we react and handle things when someone finally has the courage to come forward.  My and your politics need to go out the window.  

This twerp

DoBe2zIX0AA3PZZ?format=jpg

thinks your friend is part of the problem. 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You just haaaaaadddddd to say it. I'll bite the tongue. 

Hey, I'll say it flat out. A lot of the #resist movement is comically stupid. It's how grifters like the Krassensteins and Avenatti have a platform. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hey, I'll say it flat out. A lot of the #resist movement is comically stupid. It's how grifters like the Krassensteins and Avenatti have a platform. 

I am surprised Avenatti is not disbarred. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Don't forget about this twerp

HillaryHarvard.sized-770x415xc.jpg

and how she dealt with Billy's accusers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5HdbCbk080tkqo_Bcfli

Archived