2019 4* RB Jamious Griffin (Georgia Tech)

ellitor

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But it is a rare situation where it's appropriate for a guy to average over 20 per game for an entire season. 

I know you saw the stats posted a few weeks ago. The SEC rushing champion normally averages over 20 carries a game. If all were managed inappropriately maybe you should take up coaching and show everybody how it's supposed to be done.

I see no problem with a good back carrying the mail for 20 or more per game. Apparently most coaches don't either.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this Jamious Griffin kid would be a cool get. 5'10" 205 and a 4* back man would that make all of the pining for a running back this recruiting season come to a rest. Interesting that his other visits have been two ACC schools and his original commitment was to an ACC school. I wonder what the interest is there. Especially considering he's from Georgia. Really hoping that we can pick this kid up!

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wonder what the interest is there

NC State was hard on him earlier than everyone else. GT has one of his brothers & maybe about to get his other brother. FSU has a tradition of developing RBs.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So this Jamious Griffin kid would be a cool get. 5'10" 205 and a 4* back man would that make all of the pining for a running back this recruiting season come to a rest. Interesting that his other visits have been two ACC schools and his original commitment was to an ACC school. I wonder what the interest is there. Especially considering he's from Georgia. Really hoping that we can pick this kid up!

We're not. Too bad. I like this kid. But we got our #1 target and we're still looking good for #2. 

To those participating in the general RB usage debate please stop! Especially in a recruit's thread. Most participating have posted their stance countless times while derailing many threads & nobody's opinion is going to change. So please stop pounding that dead horse & accept people have different opinions on the matter & move on.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

To those participating in the general RB usage debate please stop! Especially in a recruit's thread. Most participating have posted their stance countless times while derailing many threads & nobody's opinion is going to change. So please stop pounding that dead horse & accept people have different opinions on the matter & move on.

Yo. Zeek already did this 13 minutes ago. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yo. Zeek already did this 13 minutes ago. 

One person getting back on topic does mean everyone else will move on as you know all to well by seeing many derailed debates continue when someone tries to get the thread on track. It did need to be addressed specifically since this particular debate has consumed many threads at various times.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

One person getting back on topic does mean everyone else will move on as you know all to well by seeing many derailed debates continue when someone tries to get the thread on track. It did need to be addressed specifically since this particular debate has consumed many threads at various times.

Who do you think is going to start at QB next year? 

:outtahere:

If we're not going to get Griffin, I'm glad that it's Tech. We won't play him unless it's in the postseason and he'll get a great education. And he'll enjoy living in Atlanta. 

24 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have a feeling we are going to regret not going after this guy's signature harder.....

I think so too. He seems phenomenal but only time will tell. Coming out of high school with that build and ability it's all on him wanting to put the work in.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I said this would be my favorite get and it kind of got shot down. I think this guy would do great on the plains.

20 hours ago, DAG said:

I said this would be my favorite get and it kind of got shot down. I think this guy would do great on the plains.

Perhaps he would but.... he's very similar to D.J. Williams, who signed early and is already in school as an early enrolee and will go through Spring practice. We're still recruiting MAR but he's a different type of back. As it stands, we'll have one senior, one junior, two sophomores, one RS freshman and one or two true freshmen depending on what MAR does. That's a minimum of six and possibly seven scholarship RB's. I'm thinking the staff feels that's enough RB's to work with.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Perhaps he would but.... he's very similar to D.J. Williams, who signed early and is already in school as an early enrolee and will go through Spring practice. We're still recruiting MAR but he's a different type of back. As it stands, we'll have one senior, one junior, two sophomores, one RS freshman and one or two true freshmen depending on what MAR does. That's a minimum of six and possibly seven scholarship RB's. I'm thinking the staff feels that's enough RB's to work with.

Only 2 are the every down back type. Adding Griffin would make that 3. Got a couple of MAR guys now. Get the 3rd every down back type and get you depth up. Don’t matter now as it looks like Griffin is FSU. 

It’s nice and all that AU has 6 backs but how many of those are the grinders that Gus uses over and over? Boogie and? 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It’s nice and all that AU has 6 backs but how many of those are the grinders that Gus uses over and over? Boogie and? 

Joiner maybe if he switches over?  Or is he solid at HB and TE now?

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Only 2 are the every down back type. Adding Griffin would make that 3. Got a couple of MAR guys now. Get the 3rd every down back type and get you depth up. Don’t matter now as it looks like Griffin is FSU. 

It doesn't matter the style or skillset... we've got RB depth!

FSU lean now?  I was rooting for him to pick GT.  I have a couple friends that are GT fans and got them excited about this guy.  They don't keep up with GT recruiting, but I don't blame them its pretty depressing.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Joiner maybe if he switches over?  Or is he solid at HB and TE now?

Staying at HB for now per WDE last week.

19 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's nice and all that AU has 6 backs but how many of those are the grinders that Gus uses over and over? Boogie and? 

We're calling signee Williams a grinder. If we need a third grinder, Joiner is available. A move from HB to RB isn't unheard of. I'm one of the minority thinkers that believes Shivers can do 25-30 carries a game without any damage, so that could be four. Additionally, with all the whining about Gus "abusing" his RB's, maybe  the days of 300 carries per season backs are over? 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Georgia Tech is getting a good one here IMO.

Like someone else said, I hope it stays Tech and not FSU. Not that it really matters, but just for some reason that's what I would prefer.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Georgia Tech is getting a good one here IMO.

I know several Yellow Jackets fans who are fired up about this kid. I’m pulling for them to get him if we don’t have a spot for him. The dogs need some more competition since most of the east can’t bring it!

Archived