Men vs Xavier

tgrogan21

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played sub par and got the win. I'll take it! Jared and Horace were big down the stretch. Amazing to have depth in the front court. I love this win even though we didn't play well. We have to improve in the half court

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's what he was told to do, initiate the offense ~8 second mark

I know but when the big man came out on him on the floor I thought best to keep the ball and dive around the big.  It doesn't matter as Harper and Spencer took over the OT. Harper scoring Spencer Defense an d rebounding.

I can't say more about Jared Harper and Horace Spencer in OT. Two big men fouled out and he played 100% with blocks, rebounds, and steals. And that dunk by Harper! HOLY CRAP! 

3 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Still can't believe that Jared Harper poster dunk. Ridiculous!!!

Jared stole their soul with that

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Jared stole their soul with that

Holy cow. After that dunk I knew we had it.

That DUNK by Harper was sick and could not have come at a better time. When we tried to get it down low to Wiley and Okeke it was money in the bank we should have dome more of that.  Cole and Bird I owe both of you an apology you were right about Bryce Brown while he plays tough D he was beaten on the dribble drive multiple times that led to easy baskets or got a big into foul trouble.

A lot of the fouls on Okeke and Wiley was trying to stop somebody who had gotten free on a dibble drive.

45.5% from the field.

31.4% from three.

70.8 from the line.

We seemed more "ice cold" to my eyes than even these numbers suggest.

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If it goes to ot we lose

I was thinking this as well with the foul trouble etc, but man did Harper on offense and Spencer on defense step up. Really impressed with the way we played OT. Our guards have to make more FTs, Bryce especially.  He has missed way more than I expected him to this early in the season. 

Archived