2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So the prevailing thought seems to be that Sheffield is in. Do we think they're holding his commitment announcement til BCW for effect?

E had said that his mother wanted to be absolutely sure first. I'm not sure if that is what we are still waiting on with him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So the prevailing thought seems to be that Sheffield is in. Do we think they're holding his commitment announcement til BCW for effect?

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

E had said that his mother wanted to be absolutely sure first. I'm not sure if that is what we are still waiting on with him.

It is. She she wants to talk to the staff 1 more time in person before signing off on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if it's been discussed recently and I missed it, but do we have a wants/takes numbers breakdown for each position? As in, Grimes expects 5 OLs, looks like we're only taking 1 QB, etc? I always appreciated that feature in past threads of this nature. @Zeek, really appreciate what you're doing with this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Apologies if it's been discussed recently and I missed it, but do we have a wants/takes numbers breakdown for each position? As in, Grimes expects 5 OLs, looks like we're only taking 1 QB, etc? I always appreciated that feature in past threads of this nature. @Zeek, really appreciate what you're doing with this one. 

I have a solid guess from what E and I discussed earlier in a different thread. I'll find it and try to add an estimated wants/takes to the OP!

Thank you, I enjoy doing it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Zeek said:

I have a solid guess from what E and I discussed earlier in a different thread. I'll find it and try to add an estimated wants/takes to the OP!

Man, you rock. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Too late...?

fast.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I agree with another poster that the father looks like he doesn’t put up with much BS. I wonder if he is in line with the proverb “speak softly and carry a big stick?”

Agree. My poor attempt at humor aside, his mother is an attractive lady and his father looks like someone to not be trifled with. Good looking family with obviously talented kids.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I see you, OP! Now the daydreaming I do from now til December can be that much more obsessive and weird. 

For real, THANK YOU

On 5/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

I bet the Fromm house at Thanksgiving and Christmas is gonna be fun from now on out!!!

The talk out of Georgia is that Fromm may lose his starting spot to Fields. I could see the Fromm family very quickly becoming strictly AU fans. I guess we could take Jake as a transfer in case Willis and Gatewood never take that next step.

57 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The talk out of Georgia is that Fromm may lose his starting spot to Fields. I could see the Fromm family very quickly becoming strictly AU fans. I guess we could take Jake as a transfer in case Willis and Gatewood never take that next step.

I would be amazed if this is actually the case.

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would be amazed if this is actually the case.

I wouldn't for one reason and one reason only... they are breaking in a new backfield.

The kid gets the credit he deserves for leading a team to the Championship game, but look at his stats. He completed less than 10 passes per game and rarely threw for 200 yards. What that tells me is that they were not putting the game in his hands. I think Fields could give him a run for it. You know Kirby's not going to consider seniority in the slightest. He comes from the Saban school of football where everyone is expendable... ask Eason.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I wouldn't for one reason and one reason only... they are breaking in a new backfield.

The kid gets the credit he deserves for leading a team to the Championship game, but look at his stats. He completed less than 10 passes per game and rarely threw for 200 yards. What that tells me is that they were not putting the game in his hands. I think Fields could give him a run for it. You know Kirby's not going to consider seniority in the slightest. He comes from the Saban school of football where everyone is expendable... ask Eason.

That's true but I don't think Fields is a safe play going into the year. Maybe he slowly takes over getting a few reps in as they ease him into taking over. I could be very wrong, which lately seems to be the case, but I don't see Fields being extremely successful in year one at Georgia. We shall see. Regardless, I don't think he's a good fit for us either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did he not figure that out when OP committed?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I heard water is wet!

CNN won't run the story though in fear that it might offend anyone who identifies as a liquid.

I kid I kid...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes. He's just now getting around to tweeting it publicly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I heard water is wet!

CNN won't run the story though in fear that it might offend anyone who identifies as a liquid.

I kid I kid...

hey this is  big!!! Even on this run of top 12 or so classes we are on we rarely get respect from the national guys like mike farrell, barton, wilfong etc. So this really speaks to me and opens my eyes. Makes me think he is hearing some buzz towards AU from some national recruits.

• Like 3

Looking at who we are trending with and how the "feel" is different this recruiting year.  Gonna go out on limb here and predict # 5-7 for final ranking in class.  Definitely 5 or above for per recruit.  I say 5-7 because I don't know if we will sign 25.  Seems the number is around 22-23 that's been floating around.  

And I expect some movement for example J. Clark will move way up the rankings as the services will pay more attention since he's a member of our class.  He will probably top out around a .875 rating but I could see him getting up to an 88 or slightly higher.   I would score him on the orange and blue glasses scale around a 91.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Looking at who we are trending with and how the "feel" is different this recruiting year.  Gonna go out on limb here and predict # 5-7 for final ranking in class.  Definitely 5 or above for per recruit.  I say 5-7 because I don't know if we will sign 25.  Seems the number is around 22-23 that's been floating around.  

And I expect some movement for example J. Clark will move way up the rankings as the services will pay more attention since he's a member of our class.  He will probably top out around a .875 rating but I could see him getting up to an 88 or slightly higher.   I would score him on the orange and blue glasses scale around a 91.  

Do you think Nix and/or Pickens will climb any higher by the time the final rankings come out? 

5 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Do you think Nix and/or Pickens will climb any higher by the time the final rankings come out? 

Not Jay but Pickens will climb in the next Rivals update.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hey this is  big!!! Even on this run of top 12 or so classes we are on we rarely get respect from the national guys like mike farrell, barton, wilfong etc. So this really speaks to me and opens my eyes. Makes me think he is hearing some buzz towards AU from some national recruits.

Was going to say something similar. His job is to be correct about these things, and this is a pretty bold prediction.