2019 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

They are already gone. Both were one-and-done grad transfers.

Good point, I will be very surprised if we don’t sign at least 4 OL this year. Probably 5.

I guess this answers my question...We got Booth on the plains guys!!!! He visited last week also. This is BIG.

Four 2019 prospects to make return visits to Auburn this weekend

By Benjamin Wolk, Auburn Recruiting Reporter

Auburn has some recruiting momentum and the Tigers will try to cultivate that with a few key visitors.

Four top targets are scheduled to take visits to the Plains this weekend. For all four, this will be marked in the return visit category, so there’s some recurring mutual interest with Auburn. Here are the four known visits coming up and what to expect.

Update: The first name on the list was added Saturday.

5-star CB Andrew Booth, Archer (Ga.): Booth remains one of Auburn’s top cornerback targets in the 2019 class. In fact, he’s likely priority No. 1 with two other cornerbacks already committed this cycle. Booth visited earlier this spring and has a strong relationship with area recruiter Travis Williams. He also has a close relationship with recent 5-star commit Owen Pappoe who has already publicly stated Booth as one of his preferred choices to join the class. Booth recently jumped up to a 5-star ranking and has is the No. 1-ranked cornerback in the country.

3-star safety Aaron Beasley, Heard County (Ga.): This will be Beasley’s second known trip to Auburn in the last month and a half. There’s a strong relationship building there. Auburn is looking for one free safety type in the 2019 class — similar to Smoke Monday and Jamien Sherwood in the 2018 class. Beasley, despite his 3-star ranking, is one of a handful of prospects Auburn is looking at seriously to fill that role. He last visited the Plains in late March. Beasley visited Friday.

3-star tight end Tyler Fromm, Warner Robins (Ga.): Fromm has been to Auburn at every opportunity this spring. The Tigers have a few other tight end targets out there who have made multiple visits — Luke Deal and Sean Brown — but Fromm has been on campus more than any. Fromm will visit Saturday. It’s not known who from his family will join him on this trip, but several family members have been with him on his many trips this year. Fromm wants to make as many trips as possible to the places he’s considering, including Auburn, Florida and South Carolina.

4-star wide receiver Ramel Keyton, Marietta (Ga.): Keyton has a commitment date set for May 16. Initially, that decision was going to come down to Tennessee or Auburn. One of those two could still end up as the choice, but Keyton also includes Florida and Penn State as contenders. Keyton has visited Auburn plenty of times in the last two years, so this late visit before his decision is simply a reaffirming of feelings. The Tigers plan to take only two wide receivers in the class, and they already have one with commit George Pickens. Keyton would be a great immediate addition. He’ll be on campus Saturday.

Bonus: 2019 commits Jakai Clark and Cordale Flott are back on campus.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, AidiAU said:

Is Fromm being recruited by uga? This is Jake’s brother, right? 

Yep and yep. 

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Love 3

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ole Patrick is pulling on my heart strings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Ole Patrick is pulling on my heart strings. 

MAN I hope this is something that is not a silent and goes public today!!!!!! lol same here aujeff11!!!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MAN I hope this is something that is not a silent and goes public today!!!!!! lol same here aujeff11!!!

Dabo be like:

bdRx1.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Dabo be like:

bdRx1.gif

Is anyone else on campus today? that would be a letdown of all letdowns thinking it is him then it being someone else! haha.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is anyone else on campus today? that would be a letdown of all letdowns thinking it is him then it being someone else! haha.

I haven’t heard of anybody else. But man, getting a five star CB is something we can dream about without shame!

• Like 1

I haven’t heard of anybody else. But man, getting a five star CB is something we can dream about without shame!

It is on my Auburn bucket list. At the TOP. we have NEVER got a 5 star corner. EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it would be the jump out of your chair of all jump out of your chair moments.

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Son, I am so disappoint.

• Haha 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Son, I am so disappoint.

tell me about it. I was ready for the ultimate celebration for a 5 star corner. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. It is hard to get excited for any TE commit UNTIL WE ACTUALLY USE THEM!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

tell me about it. I was ready for the ultimate celebration for a 5 star corner. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. It is hard to get excited for any TE commit UNTIL WE ACTUALLY USE THEM!

Pretty sure we use TE’s for spare blocking dummies these days. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Pretty sure we use TE’s for spare blocking dummies these days. 

and 1 trick play a year.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

and 1 trick play a year.

Some Boobie to Fromm action? 

• Haha 1

You know what I'm going to be positive about this...Bo having a real TE with Pickens and the rest should be scary.

• Like 1

Some Boobie to Fromm action? 

sounds about right!!! I will say the little pop pass from sean white to jalen harris in the ole miss game in 2016 was sweeeeeeeet.