Stidham's problem was Auburn's offense

Randman5000

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, James Howell said:

We did well for the most part in 2017 but we tailed off in the championship game and the bowl game. 

Also hung a big 6 spot on Clemson and scored 0 points in the 2nd half of the LSU game, which we lost. And stuff like that has happened every season since his first. 

Of the last 6 times we've played uga, we've scored 13 or fewer points 5 times, 10 or fewer 4 times, and only 7 points 3 times. Out of 6. Against georgia. 

He is 0-2 against Ed Orgeron. The last time we beat LSU was the first game that Rhett Lashlee called the plays.

Sorry. I'm ranting now.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

NFL: Gus, we'll take your schemes and concepts, just not your players.

NFL: Gus, we'll take your entire offensive philosophy, create a cute little package, and then work it into our offense every now and then. And then we'll do so, sooooo much more than that, too. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Of the last 6 times we've played uga, we've scored 13 or fewer points 5 times

We had our starting QB out in two of those and star RB out in one. That’s crazy bad luck, best friend. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We had our starting QB out in two of those and star RB out in one. That’s crazy bad luck, best friend. 

Actually in one of those, we had every single running back out including our contingency plan running back (Truitt) on top of our QB being out.  

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Actually in one of those, we had every single running back out including our contingency plan running back (Truitt) on top of our QB being out.  

Which one? 

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have been getting a lot of these “actually” posts lately. Read em as this:

giphy.gif

On 5/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, Bottomfeeder said:

One man's opinion doesn't carry much weight in my book. Cam and Nick didn't have much of a problem with the offense.

Correct, your opinion doesn't carry much weight.  We're no longer working with an xCJG recruited OL.

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Which one? 

Which game?  2016 in Athens.  The only back we had was Truitt who had a really good first drive and then laid out for a touchdown and got railed in the shoulder.  I have found we get a lot of injuries doing this.

49 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I have been getting a lot of these “actually” posts lately. Read em as this:

I was helping your cause!  I see how it is...  giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Which game?  2016 in Athens.  The only back we had was Truitt who had a really good first drive and then laid out for a touchdown and got railed in the shoulder.  I have found we get a lot of injuries doing this.

KJ carried the ball 22 times for 99 yards and scored our only touchdown in that game. (Not even half a yard less per than his average ypc for 2017.) He was still getting carries in the 4th quarter. He also threw 2 passes in that game. 

As for Sean being hurt, John Franklin- the guy that Gus hand picked to replace Sean before the season even started with the clown car rotation against Clemson- was not. Also, Gus claimed after the game that he didn't even know Sean was hurt because Sean didn't say anything. 

Speaking of that Clemson game where Cox- recently drafted into the NFL- took a bunch of direct snaps,  it's interesting that he wasn't considered a possibility to carry the ball against uga. #2 fullback in the country out of high school. 21 rushing touchdowns in 2 years in high school. 1 carry in the DSOR when we, evidently, had literally nobody to carry the ball? 

Yeah, we had some bad luck. But the more you look into it, the more you realize that Gus wasn't making many good decisions- before or during the season. 

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was helping your cause!  I see how it is...  giphy.gif

:( Yours was certainly shining brighter than my crayon and now I am ashamed.

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Also hung a big 6 spot on Clemson and scored 0 points in the 2nd half of the LSU game, which we lost. And stuff like that has happened every season since his first. 

Of the last 6 times we've played uga, we've scored 13 or fewer points 5 times, 10 or fewer 4 times, and only 7 points 3 times. Out of 6. Against georgia. 

He is 0-2 against Ed Orgeron. The last time we beat LSU was the first game that Rhett Lashlee called the plays.

Sorry. I'm ranting now.

It’s like a mad scientist mix of confusion, excuses, new coordinators, Unreal failures, wizards behind the green curtain and just enough wins to keep the ship patched together enough to stay afloat.

That’s why I’m excited about this year. In my simple mind, it’s put up or shut up time with Gus.

28E5706B-EA96-4F6A-936C-DEB765BE05B1.gif

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s like a mad scientist mix of confusion, excuses, new coordinators, Unreal failures, wizards behind the green curtain and just enough wins to keep the ship patched together enough to stay afloat.

That’s why I’m excited about this year. In my simple mind, it’s put up or shut up time with Gus.

28E5706B-EA96-4F6A-936C-DEB765BE05B1.gif

Damn you and your concise and reasoned word pictures.

But not damn you for the Cannonball Run gif. Never damn you for that.

Image result for cannonball run gif

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn you and your concise and reasoned word pictures.

But not damn you for the Cannonball Run gif. Never damn you for that.

Image result for cannonball run gif

Oh, Cannonball Run...

56A62A26-7247-407D-AAE0-0DA6257B32CC.gif

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh, Cannonball Run...

56A62A26-7247-407D-AAE0-0DA6257B32CC.gif

We desperately need another movie star who specializes in driving cool cars across country real fast. While being super funny.

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We desperately need another movie star who specializes in driving cool cars across country real fast. While being super funny.

Where should I send my resume?

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Where should I send my resume?

Should I post the picture? I'm not gonna post the picture. But it would be funny.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:14 PM, DAG said:

Crazy how

things change 

Dont think in was lombardi that wanted gus because the timeline doesn't fit.  HC Chundski was fired after the 2013 season after only one year (December 2013) and Lombardi was fired 2 months later (February 2014).  Common sense would tell you the owner Haselem would not let Lombardi (someone with only two months remaining with the club) select any canadiates to hire 

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Correct, your opinion doesn't carry much weight.  We're no longer working with an xCJG recruited OL.

I concur. We have been inconsistent in the area of recruiting offensive linemen for quite some time now.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

KJ carried the ball 22 times for 99 yards and scored our only touchdown in that game. (Not even half a yard less per than his average ypc for 2017.) He was still getting carries in the 4th quarter. He also threw 2 passes in that game. 

As for Sean being hurt, John Franklin- the guy that Gus hand picked to replace Sean before the season even started with the clown car rotation against Clemson- was not. Also, Gus claimed after the game that he didn't even know Sean was hurt because Sean didn't say anything. 

Speaking of that Clemson game where Cox- recently drafted into the NFL- took a bunch of direct snaps,  it's interesting that he wasn't considered a possibility to carry the ball against uga. #2 fullback in the country out of high school. 21 rushing touchdowns in 2 years in high school. 1 carry in the DSOR when we, evidently, had literally nobody to carry the ball? 

Yeah, we had some bad luck. But the more you look into it, the more you realize that Gus wasn't making many good decisions- before or during the season. 

I think that is fair.  No rebuttal from me. 

I think a lot of the arguing is just due to the time of year.  This happens this time every year.  There isn’t much to talk about so past subjects come back to light.  Everything has been rehashed that was talked about last year.  There is only one subject I have seen not brought back up yet, but I’m not going to say it because everyone will start arguing again.  :crossedarms:

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think a lot of the arguing is just due to the time of year.  This happens this time every year.  There isn’t much to talk about so past subjects come back to light.  Everything has been rehashed that was talked about last year.  There is only one subject I have seen not brought back up yet, but I’m not going to say it because everyone will start arguing again.  :crossedarms:

Pretty much. It would’ve been much more pleasant here had we won the NCAA tourney lol

11 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I concur. We have been inconsistent in the area of recruiting offensive linemen for quite some time now.

Nah...we have depth.

Gus' offense is the perfect example of system QB.  Without a big run threat at QB it does not work.

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is true, but the arguing is happening during football season too, and post season as well.  We have a good coach that consistently turns in mediocre results and when it carries on for a extended period of time, the fans get restless, irritated, agitated and down right pissed.

IMHO, it's been put up or shut up for years and here we are rehashing the same old pablum again on this message board.  At the end of the day only Gus Malzhan can change the narrative.  Personally, I just don't believe he has it in him - he is who he is and everyone of us will be regurgitating this same old tired story this time next year.:sad2:

Archived