2021 5* PG Jerdarrian "JD" Davison

ellitor

12 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ll gladly be hypocritical and root for jd to get a nice fat gleague contract a day after he signs his scholly papers...

This is the only possible silver lining outcome to losing on JD. Had he committed to us i would have worried all season about him eventually going the g-league route. Now bama can worry with that and hopefully we can find a solid combo guard to take JD's place

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said I wish oates wasn't at bammer......well that's devastating smh. We have really been getting our butts kicked in recruiting man......it used to be a little cooler to come toAuburn

20 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ll gladly be hypocritical and root for jd to get a nice fat gleague contract a day after he signs his scholly papers...

Why would you think that he has not already got a big gleague contract for committing to bama?

FWIW, Bruce was not after Davidon real hard and I'm not sure he had a committable offer from Bruce. Kid is a freak athlete but can't shoot a lick. Bruce wants his PG's to be able to shoot. Davidson is also a one and done type at the college level so he isn't going to be a big help at the college level. When he does get a shot, kid will be elite. This will happen at the pro level, not college. 

This isn't a big deal. 

13 hours ago, tallgraycat said:

Why would you think that he has not already got a big gleague contract for committing to bama?

G leauge is still a possibility. Kid didn't get paid to go to bama. Not this time. Way too many people watching this for it to be real dirty. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

FWIW, Bruce was not after Davidon real hard and I'm not sure he had a committable offer from Bruce. Kid is a freak athlete but can't shoot a lick. Bruce wants his PG's to be able to shoot. Davidson is also a one and done type at the college level so he isn't going to be a big help at the college level. When he does get a shot, kid will be elite. This will happen at the pro level, not college. 

This isn't a big deal. 

So you think he’s a one and done level player but “can’t shoot a lick”? Hah

46 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

Lot of one and done players are poor shooters.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't a big deal. 

Sorry. Have trouble believing this one.

Bruce decides to NOT really want this guy bc he supposedly can't shoot well for a PG? But he's a top 10 player, and has other great skills.

I think he just wanted to go to Bama for whatever reasons fans want to guess on, but No way did Bruce back off of JD, especially since all information leading up to the week of, showed Auburn always interesting in his commitment.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Bruce decides to NOT really want this guy bc he supposedly can't shoot well for a PG? But he's a top 10 player, and has other great skills.

I think he just wanted to go to Bama for whatever reasons fans want to guess on, but No way did Bruce back off of JD, especially since all information leading up to the week of, showed Auburn always interesting in his commitment.

Have trouble believing. It's your right to do so. It's still the truth. Kid was never a priority for Bruce and his staff. Can tell you this with 100% fact / certain. 

This isn't some stick up for Bruce post. I don't follow or watch basketball at all. So I could care less. 

4 hours ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

Yeah. Kid is a freak athlete. Why he will be drafted. Not his shooting. This is from people who do this for a living. I'm just passing it on. JD is a good kid I told. Didn't think it was fair for people to say he got paid to go to bama when he didn't. I could care less. Watching basketball is like watching two old people having sex. MEH. 

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yeah. Kid is a freak athlete. Why he will be drafted. Not his shooting. This is from people who do this for a living. I'm just passing it on. JD is a good kid I told. Didn't think it was fair for people to say he got paid to go to bama when he didn't. I could care less. Watching basketball is like watching two old people having sex. MEH. 

You know I've got to ask how many times have you seen old people having sex?????

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't a big deal. 

Yeah you got bad info saying he couldn't shoot

20 hours ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

Ever heard of Ben Simmons?

17 hours ago, steeleagle said:

@steeleagleOther Auburn sites are reporting Auburn wasn’t hard after him also FWIW

To each their own. I am a proponent of getting the best and utilizing them as much as we can, even if it is a year rental. A lot of one and dones were game changers for programs. Just my .02 cents. Kid looks like has a great future ahead of himself.

I'd be curious why they did not go hard after JD if that is indeed the case. If it was due to not having a great shot then i dunno about that being a good reason. If they were afraid he was going to go g-league or something like that then kudos to the staff for learning from the last cycle and adjusting tactics

Yesterday’s news.

We’re in the running for a Top 5 talent that could be argued we need at least as much or more. 

Instead of debating why we didn’t want him, or why he didn’t want us, it’s next recruit up.

Until we know the decision about JS, enjoy that we may have an even better result than what could have been and celebrate if things turn out well on Saturday.

1 hour ago, waaegl said:

Yesterday’s news.

We’re in the running for a Top 5 talent that could be argued we need at least as much or more. 

Instead of debating why we didn’t want him, or why he didn’t want us, it’s next recruit up.

Until we know the decision about JS, enjoy that we may have an even better result than what could have been and celebrate if things turn out well on Saturday.

This! Let's move on from Davison and let him go to Tuscaloosa.

Jabari Smith is picking on Friday, and he would be the highest ranked overall recruit we've ever picked up.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't a big deal. 

WDE - I’m curious if you have any knowledge on the back and forth with his commitment date. He originally planned to commit on Halloween, then it was last Saturday, then he was delaying it, and then it was back on again.

Did Auburn play any part in trying to get him to delay it again because they knew it was going to be UAT? I trust your information about Pearl not making him a priority. I’m just curious about the details of the dynamics surrounding his commitment dates.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This isn't a big deal. 

My hope is that we are pushing 2022 5* PG Scoot Henderson to reclassify if Coop is a 1-and-done. 

I personally really wanted JD. He’s an electric talent, and I especially didn’t want to see him at UAT. But I agree that our priority after landing Jabari Smith on Saturday should be a sharp shooting 2-guard and a back-up point guard. JD didn’t fit any of those roles, so it makes sense. Fingers crossed that he ends up in the G-League.

I think Auburn wants that Scoot, Joyful, Jabari dream alot, but idk why you wouldnt push for JD. And without pulling up stats, he seems like as much of a shooter as Sharife, at worst. A real engine scoring the ball too. Everything you could want in a collegiate combo guard

Now I've heard the G-League rumors, and that's one thing. but losing out on the guy bc we didn't push for him honestly hurts more. 

55 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

My hope is that we are pushing 2022 5* PG Scoot Henderson to reclassify if Coop is a 1-and-done. 

I personally really wanted JD. He’s an electric talent, and I especially didn’t want to see him at UAT. But I agree that our priority after landing Jabari Smith on Saturday should be a sharp shooting 2-guard and a back-up point guard. JD didn’t fit any of those roles, so it makes sense. Fingers crossed that he ends up in the G-League.

you're not wrong overall, but JD is a really good playmaker himself, not as good as Sharife, but probably as good as anyone else we can expect to get. Sharife already looks like a fringe NBA level guy passing the ball. Those dont come around too often 

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

JD totally fit the bill for a 2 guard and back up PG. From his film he can dribble drive, shoot and dish off his quickness. He's 6'2", so he's only going to be CG which is what we needed.

And as I read on sites the last 2 weeks, I ONLY heard like the day of or the day before that all of a sudden Pearl was not pushing hard on JD.

I am always afraid, like we do in football recruiting, that we not do the same in basketball...that when we are thought of as the lead, especially on an in-state player, that when we all of a sudden lose him to UAT, we have to come up with an excuse. I hate that.

I think JD in Bama's system, will be a Kira Lewis type, just not as quick.

We simply missed out on another top player in our state. 

Archived