If we come out flat against Arkansas

lost

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't have any evidence because it's not important enough to me but my (beer)GUT tells me....

Seems that for noon (11am/CST) games our beloved Tigers do better away than home.  Often for early kicks, it's the fans who are flat and it does trickle down to the field of play.  However, a flat Away crowd works in the Visitors' favor.

Again, just my feeling...

What's a beer gut????? Have no idea what your talking about

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were flat last year and still won handily b/c of defense and STs.  Who knows, maybe "new Gus" decided to spend the two weeks on LSU prep.  Never know with that guy.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What's a beer gut????? Have no idea what your talking about

Well, for guys like you & me it's just called.....Six Pack Abs. :cheers:

The only way we lose to Arky is if our defense doesn’t make the trip. I don’t expect Gus to do anything flashy on offense, so I can see it being a game where we are never in fear of losing it but have a relatively close score. Like 27-13. 

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Big part of what happened at Florida. Defense got caught looking flat for a big TD and then we had a 3-and-out. After that the crowd and momentum was theirs. 

I was not at the UF game but didn't the crowd kinda settle down once UF started turning the ball over and especially after we pulled within 1? Granted they  started up again somewhere in the 2nd half probably when it became obvious we might not score on them again.

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we come out flatter than a pancake, then that will be a sign to everyone on how the second half of the season will go.

Possibly. Hopefully we will get it going within a few offensive possessions.

38 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We were flat last year and still won handily b/c of defense and STs.  Who knows, maybe "new Gus" decided to spend the two weeks on LSU prep.  Never know with that guy.

Seemed like we were "flat" on offense all year (not counting non-conference cupcakes) after the UDub win in week 1.

8 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I was not at the UF game but didn't the crowd kinda settle down once UF started turning the ball over and especially after we pulled within 1? Granted they  started up again somewhere in the 2nd half probably when it became obvious we might not score on them again.

No.  There never was a point when we had the ball that they stopped yelling.  At least not in our section.  I’m completely serious.  🙄

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Big part of what happened at Florida. Defense got caught looking flat for a big TD and then we had a 3-and-out. After that the crowd and momentum was theirs. 

Crowd won't be a factor.  Arkansas hasn't been coming close to filling the stadium lately because they've been so bad.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Crowd won't be a factor.  Arkansas hasn't been coming close to filling the stadium lately because they've been so bad.

This. They have not filled their stadiums regularly since before Petrino crashed his motorcycle lol.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

No.  There never was a point when we had the ball that they stopped yelling.  At least not in our section.  I’m completely serious.  🙄

It was miserable. Their “move back you suck” chant for every penalty and negative yard play had me violently annoyed. 

I expect Auburn to have some offensive hiccups to start similar to Kent State and Tulane and get better as the game goes.  3rd and shorts without Boobee and with a possibly injured Joey are going to be big as far as the overall success of the offense.  Gus will be able to use speed on the outside unlike the Florida game.

So the question is..... Will Arkansas be this years Tennessee game?    

The short and stubby:

on O:  OL and RB's better be ready to block.  

on D CB 's  better be ready for some tall WR's

HOLD THE F"N  BALL!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well we didnt lose the Florida game because of Gus. Im not gonna beat a dead horse but we left at least 2 TDs and a potential field goal on the field, Gus cant execute the calls himself. The only game Gus has had this season where the playcalling was suspect is the Oregon game, and it wasnt that bad. We didnt lose to UT because of Gus either

edit: I hope you watched that Florida first half and was able to come to the realization that UF was easily able to stuff the OL and make the running game frustrating for any play caller...that's a situation where you're going to have to have the QB win the day. Its not like Gus can just will the running game to work bc that'd bail out the QB

I agree with you. I actually thought Gus called a decent game. Plays were there just not executed. We also had 3 plays on Defense that if they were taking out we probably win, and 3 plays on offense that if they went differently, we would have more than likely won. 

4 hours ago, lost said:

How can you say that was not on Gus?  Yes Florida made 4 turnovers that gave us the opportunity to win-- but..  He went from a game plan against Ms state where he used all his backs, and QB'S IN NEW formations and blew out ( a weak) yes, i know- but blew out neverthelessMs state...back to Oregon where he put all the responsibility on Bo and  Boobie and refused to  use his speed and team he had because once again he had no confidence in himself or his players.   It cost us the game and Boobie

That is my opinion and i am still afraid he has not learned .. I hope i am wrong and he proves me an idiot

1. The RBs - When was he using these RBs? Kam got 5 carries vs Florida, he got 8 vs Miss St, but off the top of my head at least one of those (the long TD run) came when the game was already over. Boobie got 18 carries vs UF, and had 9 in the first half of the MSU game when it made sense to run him. It's logical to expect he'd get double the carries against a real team. The only thing missing is Shivers, and yes it wouldve been nice to see him. He attempted to use Bo in the same way as he did against UF, on RPOs where the QB had the chance to run and designed QB reads. Bo wasn't faster than Florida on the edges, so that didnt spring for anything similar. 

2. The new formations. I would've liked to see more crossing routes, yeah. But do you have a real list of how many of these new formations he was unveiling? What broke that game open was Bo hitting the open passes that were open almost all year. There wasn't alot of "new" that broke that game open. Streaks to Schwartz, one one plays to Seth. Those have been there. Gus gave him similar things in this game. The pass to Schwartz that Bo got baited on, that's a TD if he pumps and puts it up. The pass to Williams that should've been a TD, that's the same thing Gus has successfully drawn up in other big games. Missed. The slant to Seth that was missed, the same thing people were calling "new" against MSU. It wasnt a perfect gameplan but Gus drew up more than enough to win.

3. I would've liked to see Schartz and Shivers, they deserve creative touches every game. They have game breaking speed against anyone. In playing devil's advocate, Im assuming our inferior perimeter blocking display and Bo's bad day scared Gus off from how he likes to use those guys. The deep ball wasnt going to be there and the sweep, while it wasnt ran often, I doubt it was going to be very successful with how the edges looked. I do agree that he needed to try something though 

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with you. I actually thought Gus called a decent game. Plays were there just not executed. We also had 3 plays on Defense that if they were taking out we probably win, and 3 plays on offense that if they went differently, we would have more than likely won. 

I think people just want to blame Gus because the tempo of that game felt like other Gus games before he was calling fulltime. But that's truly a misnomer; watching that game, stats be damned, its a game where we should've won by double digits based on how the defense played for 95% of it plus the big plays we left on the field on O. 

Arkansas gave aTm all they could handle and played Kentucky as tough as Florida did. This is a typical no win situation - whether we win handily or struggle, nobody will point out aTm or Ky or mention this as a resume win.  

They may start off hit with the passing game, but they are not running the ball on us.  We can name our score this weekend.

28 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

They may start off hit with the passing game, but they are not running the ball on us.  We can name our score this weekend.

I think, and hope, you are right but I bet GA fans thought the same thing with USC.

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, for guys like you & me it's just called.....Six Pack Abs. :cheers:

Found Golf's 

d33c3b94e70352b5c60de3614c7955b9.jpg

17 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't have any evidence because it's not important enough to me but my (beer)GUT tells me....

Seems that for noon (11am/CST) games our beloved Tigers do better away than home.  Often for early kicks, it's the fans who are flat and it does trickle down to the field of play.  However, a flat Away crowd works in the Visitors' favor.

Again, just my feeling...

Thanks for reminding me about the 11 am kickoff. Would stay and chat some more, but gotta run to the grocery store and stock up for the game grill....let's see...eggs, bacon, grits...say, anyone ever cooked grits on the grill?

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Thanks for reminding me about the 11 am kickoff. Would stay and chat some more, but gotta run to the grocery store and stock up for the game grill....let's see...eggs, bacon, grits...say, anyone ever cooked grits on the grill?

I’m typically a late drinker...can I make an exception for an 11AM kick?

And now your post has me wanting to hit the Waffle House before work...

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m typically a late drinker...can I make an exception for an 11AM kick?

And now your post has me wanting to hit the Waffle House before work...

Just go to bed Friday night drunk, you'll get over it sooner Saturday...:happydance:

Archived