Mississippi State fires Moorhead

GwillMac6

Should be an interesting season in the state of Missisip this year. The Lane and Leach Show! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to hear anyone say again that Auburn wouldn't be able to draw a good coach if we made a change in the future. MSU had the most ass-backward last 60 days and still upgraded. 

It'll be interesting to see the cultural fit. He's an odd duck. That fit worked best in Lubbock, but for anyone that attended the Final Four last year, that's an off-beat group. West Texas is a very quirky place. Starkville is as straight-laced as a place comes. State fans were legitimately upset with Dan Mullen because he wasn't a member of the Country Club. Not a joke. Leach won't fit it, and he won't care. I'll be interested to see how the alumni base puts up with his difference the first time he goes 6-7.

15 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I don't want to hear anyone say again that Auburn wouldn't be able to draw a good coach if we made a change in the future. MSU had the most ass-backward last 60 days and still upgraded. 

Yep, State went from a dumpster fire (another UT) to a great hire within 2 days.  The SEC is where coaches come to make their mark.

I did speak with some alumni before Egg Bowl.  They all basically agree that 7-8 wins each year and beating Ole Miss 4 out 5 times will keep a coach there.

15 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

It was pretty easy to upgrade from where MSU was.  and JMO he has a way to go to be among the top coaches in the SEC.  He's had some off and on success at some backwater locations and might do ok at State if they can accept his up and down history. . 

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I did speak with some alumni before Egg Bowl.  They all basically agree that 7-8 wins each year and beating Ole Miss 4 out 5 times will keep a coach there.

A lot like Auburn’s criteria.  HMMMM.  Well, except a min of 8 wins and beating Bama ever so often.

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

They just fired a guy who won seven games his first year. Beat Ole Miss. Won a bowl game for 8-wins. Made a bowl his second year. Beat Ole Miss. He was a bowl win away from 7-wins in year two. Basically, Moorhead did what they "expected" each of his first two seasons with a 2-0 record in the Egg Bowl.

All that to say, MSU fans claim that's the case, but in reality, Dan spoiled them. They want more. 

23 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

They just fired a guy who won seven games his first year. Beat Ole Miss. Won a bowl game for 8-wins. Made a bowl his second year. Beat Ole Miss. He was a bowl win away from 7-wins in year two. Basically, Moorhead did what they "expected" each of his first two seasons with a 2-0 record in the Egg Bowl.

All that to say, MSU fans claim that's the case, but in reality, Dan spoiled them. They want more. 

Yeah I brought that up when he was fired and all the fans kept saying they were fine with him and couldn't believe he was fired.

Image result for gif shrugging shoulders"

Archived