• Last Reply

Also if Cristobal comes I want their strength coach too. Mustache game 💯  

7177522A-249F-4B9D-81BA-2FB0F9029905.jpeg

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

Also if Cristobal comes I want their strength coach too. Mustache game 💯  

7177522A-249F-4B9D-81BA-2FB0F9029905.jpeg

That guy is hilarious and a beast. 

17 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The worst part was the one year in between they gave him a ridiculous extension with the most absurd buyout in the history of sports contracts.  

weqewq.gif

16 hours ago, AUwent said:

So tired of people saying that 2010 was all Cam. No, morons, it was also because of our veteran hoss unit of an offensive line. If Gus hadn’t neglected the OL all these years, we would have beaten USCe, we would have actually put up a fight against the Mutts, and people wouldn’t be talking about those calls against Ark and Miss.

So then this is who we give most of the credit to?!

erwrew.jpg

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

So then this is who we give most of the credit to?!

erwrew.jpg

Half of it. The other half goes to Ensminger. ;)

Ok, in all seriousness, he deserves some of it. 🤷‍♂️ 

The offensive line was good in 2010, but keep in mind that Lee Ziemba was the only one to get drafted- in the 7th round- and none of them had an NFL career.

50 touchdowns, a Heisman and a national championship with almost no NFL talent around him. It wasn't literally "all Cam" (moron), but it was as close as any football unit will ever be to being all one guy.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:27 AM, bigbird said:

Better question...if we are unable to recruit the big time OL we need, then why can't we coach up less talented ones? 

You can't tell me that we couldn't find our own players like Driscoll or Council out there. Both were developed at the powerhouses of UMass and Akron, so why can't we find and develop those type? Hell, we're gonna sign them anyway in a year or two. Why do we need to live by the transfer OL?

I think Bicknell is doing a good job developing our OL talent based on what I've seen recently. My opinion is he may be doing the best job out of all the coaches in the development department. The question is can he recruit?  

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The offensive line was good in 2010, but keep in mind that Lee Ziemba was the only one to get drafted- in the 7th round- and none of them had an NFL career.

50 touchdowns, a Heisman and a national championship with almost no NFL talent around him. It wasn't literally "all Cam" (moron), but it was as close as any football unit will ever be to being all one guy.

Meh, using NFL career as the only metric is a gross oversimplification. Maybe because I don’t give two craps about the NFL, but there is no way Cam wins the NC without that O-line.

I still want Auburn to hire Mario Cristobal after this season. We'll never be in the running for any kind of championship as long as Malzahn stays.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Though I still want Auburn to hire  Christabol, how about the HC at Cincinnati?

We could definitely do worse than these two guys. Don't know that we could do much better either. I'm a big fan of them being the top two choices. I'd much prefer Cristobal but if we got either I think it would be a major upgrade. 

Cristobal's out of consideration. Blew a big second half lead and lost to previously 1-2 Oregon State. That's a loss on a level with AU's loss to USCe. Helluva fun fame to watch though. Only one question: When the Ducks play the Beavers, why don't they flood the field so the participants will feel more at home?

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Cristobal's out of consideration. Blew a big second half lead and lost to previously 1-2 Oregon State. That's a loss on a level with AU's loss to USCe. Helluva fun fame to watch though. Only one question: When the Ducks play the Beavers, why don't they flood the field so the participants will feel more at home?

But Mikey! Clearly Cristobal doesn't have the resources in Eugene, OR like he'd have at Auburn, AL!

Phil Knight's got nothing on Yella Fella! 🙄

Mario is a great game recruiter but it does look like his teams tend to lose their way in the second half. Starting to look like Ron Zook 2.0 with the conference titles. 

The Gus Bus drivers, attendants, and mechanics woke up happy this morning. They’ve got that LSU game and 19 Iron Bowl on repeat. 

After Alabama scores their 5th touchdown in the first half today they’ll probably remind us that Mario lost to Oregon State last night!

I'm thinking Sark will be moving somewhere soon.  I like the fact he has been through some adversity.  Been on top, crashed back to earth, and now working his way back up.  

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

The Gus Bus drivers, attendants, and mechanics woke up happy this morning. They’ve got that LSU game and 19 Iron Bowl on repeat. 

After Alabama scores their 5th touchdown in the first half today they’ll probably remind us that Mario lost to Oregon State last night!

Don't forgot their favorite question, "Who better could we possibly get"?

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Don't forgot their favorite question, "Who better could we possibly get"?

Random thoughts:

IDK if I've been quite as high on Cristobal as others, but if he can recruit us an offensive line, I would take him.

That said, I'm happy to see Oregon State get a victory in that series. The best rivalries are the most evenly matched.

The Iron Bowl the last 40 meetings has actually been split. Even after today that will be the case (just swap out 1980 for 2020).

It is hard to believe just how lopsided tOSU-Michigan has been this century. Bedlam has been more competitive. So has TN-FL.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think a coach should be excluded or included based on one game.  For instance, my choice for HC Dennis Allen DC of the Saints started off the season very low in defensive stats but based on his history of good defenses I was and still on his bandwagon.

It’s quite possibly the dumbest thing anyone could do is base a coaches performance or how they would be as a head coach based on one game.   

It seems that Arkansas has found a coach that might be able to win some games at Arkansas, time will tell.   But it’s a good start and recruiting will determine if he can or not, so I say that to say I wouldn’t exclude any coach if he comes from the right coaching tree and is smart and willing to surround himself with good assistants 

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s quite possibly the dumbest thing anyone could do is base a coaches performance or how they would be as a head coach based on one game.   

It seems that Arkansas has found a coach that might be able to win some games at Arkansas, time will tell.   But it’s a good start and recruiting will determine if he can or not, so I say that to say I wouldn’t exclude any coach if he comes from the right coaching tree and is smart and willing to surround himself with good assistants 

Pretty much this. If that was the case, logic would seem that the Gus advocates would be wanting Gus gone after USCe or even Tennessee back in 2018.

Archived