Tennessee Post Game

Win4AU

I’m happy with this win.   The offense and defense made necessary adjustments after the 1st qtr.  Tank and Hamm’s availability will be a huge story the next week.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always good to win, but we were not a well oiled machine!

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

I’m happy with this win.   The offense and defense made necessary adjustments after the 1st qtr.  Tank and Hamm’s availability will be a huge story the next week.  

My guess is with the looming Iron Bowl they were held out of the rest of the game today to save them for next week. That said, I had a feeling today would be a lethargic effort and kind of a down game for us with the iron bowl on the horizon and with the 21 days off. 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Rough start 

Swiss cheese defense 

bur overall a good win considering no Tank and lost our right tackle. 

Thought DL was solid, rest of the D was a bit soft at times, thought we played better when we put Jaylin back at corner.

Eh, knocked the rust off and got a W. Finished better than we started and hopefully will be ok injury wise for next week. All in all I am satisfied. 

LB arguably has worse depth problems than OL. It's masked by an all-SEC performer in KJ and two athletic guys in Owen and Zakoby. 

But with KJ out, we are asking two safeties to take on SEC guards and make run fits. They simply don't have the size to play in the middle. Don't get me wrong, they are great in space and in an OLB role, but watch the footage. They are getting mashed. 

28 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Always good to win, but we were not a well oiled machine!

No, it was by no means a thing of beauty, but I’m thrilled to get the win. I hate utk. How on earth they continue to drill us in recruiting given that they haven’t won anything since 1998 is beyond me. Living in Tennessee, there are a lot of fans (living in the 90’s) that want Pruitt gone (if he is canned, his successor is going to get a boatload of talented young players). With our 2020 recruiting class pretty pathetic, who do y’all see that are current verbals to utk as realistic flips to AU (if anybody)?

A win is a win BUT I was UNpleasantly surprised by the way the game played out. The defensive performance reminded of the Ellis Johnson days. That smoke draw killed us all night and we didn't adjust. Hopefully we spent these last 3 weeks prepping for the Bamm. 

41 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Definitely looked like we hadn't played in a while. Pretty vanilla, but maybe by design? 

Good to get the win. Next week will be interesting. We better be scoring in bunches. 

Yes, definitely by design. We’ve been saving our ‘release the Kraken’ defense all season for next week.

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yes, definitely by design. We’ve been saving our ‘release the Kraken’ defense all season for next week.

For real. Like, I can’t wait for the playbook to be fully opened up. It’s gonna be huge. We are gonna out physical so many plays. 

This game was super weird to me. UT was not getting ANYTHING on the ground in the first half. We were straight stone walling them. Then in the second half they could not be stopped?! What the heck? And the offense it felt to me were gashing them after a slow first quarter yet they only scored 23 points. I thought they played a lot better than the scoreboard showed.

2 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My guess is with the looming Iron Bowl they were held out of the rest of the game today to save them for next week. That said, I had a feeling today would be a lethargic effort and kind of a down game for us with the iron bowl on the horizon and with the 21 days off. 

I thought Bo not running a lot was by design in saving some of that good juju for the Iron Bowl and just to preserve him for next week when we will greatly need his legs. Even moreso now with Tank status in jeopardy for next week. 

1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Definitely looked like we hadn't played in a while. Pretty vanilla, but maybe by design? 

Good to get the win. Next week will be interesting. We better be scoring in bunches. 

RZ scoring has to be perfect next week. It was pretty bad this game again. We lost the 2014 Iron Bowl entirely because of terrible RZ offense.

Pretty meh game, don't think it changed anyone's expectations for the Iron Bowl. Biggest positive takeaways are that the Bo to Schwartz connection gets a little bit more developed and that DJ is actually pretty decent, once again. Obvious negative one is that we're just horrendous at both stopping a RB from getting in the second level and tackling him once he gets there

7 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think we've been hiding most of the playbook from Alabama for the greater part of the last 100 games. 

Here is my take.   Looking at both teams based on last nights play, I couldn’t tell which team was better.   If Tennessee had any sense , they would have run the ball every play in the second half and won the game.   

With that said, Tank getting hurt was big and Hamm going down was too.  Not to mention not having played in 21 days.   

It’s fun beating Pruitt at anything. Time for the tide. Offense should have done more and if tank was healthy it would have been a 20pt win. 

anyone know Britts availability for next week? I am assuming he is still out . 

Game wasn’t perfect by any stretch but a win is a win during these strange times. Better buckle up buttercup because the mighty Tide is next. Waaaar Eagle 🦅 baby, let’s goooooo!

Archived