Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

28 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I think most AU fans feel this way today. I suspect Malzahn will not be our head coach too much longer. I posted some time ago that our administration is hurting our football program as they should either extend the contract or pay the buyout and go in a different direction. Recruiting this year is in bad shape because of the uncertainty around our program created by our administration. The damage that has been done just makes it harder for us to have sustained success going forward. It can be done, but the hill is steeper. Also, I really like the way our roster sets up for next season no matter who the coach happens to be. 

Newsflash! Recruiting this year has nothing to do with his contract length. Its about the consistent product on the field. Its about 7 straight years of 4+ losses. Its saying 6-4 (which we havent even achieved) is a "solid season." Its not being able to count to 5. Its giving up a 3 TD lead in what would be our 1st win in Red stick THIS CENTURY and saying "its not the end of the world." Its a mickey mouse high school offense. It is not retaining the talent we sign. Its not developing the talent we manage to keep. Its QBs regressing under his tutelage.

Saying its because of his contract tells me you dont even watch the games. How in the Sam hell you can watch the product on the field then with a straight face blame our recruiting tanking on Malzahn needing ANOTHER extension is beyond me and I would assume a majority of the fanbase.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@wcware No. They just haven't been developed at most positions, especially offensively.

It really is a shame. I realize that some kids reach their potential and some never do but why in the world would any high school recruit put their future in the hands of Auburn?

7 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

You’re probably right about the first.  Don’t know about the last statement.  Moo State may very well win.  

I’m at the point I don’t believe there is a pair of stones to be found anywhere near the football program anymore.  

Definitely beating Miss state in my eyes and it won’t be close either.  The fact that Gus said what he said earlier in the week and he still is here rings volume 

This takes me back to early signing day for the 2019 class. 

I wonder how many of you would still get your panties in a wad about me saying "if Pat cared about Bo and his career he wouldnt let his 5* QB son sign with Auburn while Gus Malzahn is anywhere near it?" 

I would have loved nothing more than to have been wrong about saying that. But so far its spot on.

thumbnail.jpg

37 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

How many coaches have beaten Saban and fielded ranked teams in the hardest conference?

32 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Ok, so what makes him choose Auburn other than other hungry programs willing to give him full control and with less competitive recruiting situations. Because I don't think Auburn is going to have the $$$ to basically entice someone to come here, be the whooping boy of the West and spoil any chance they have of getting a new job if it goes South.

We have the 43rd NATIONAL RECRUITING CLASS THIS YEAR and that's not even looking at how low in our own conference we are. Oh, did I mention its the HARDEST conference to win in, one that has to perennially play a ranked opponent gauntlet, with sky high expectations and comparisons from a neighboring dynasty that whisks any recruit they want away from everyone in any state, and out of state schools out recruiting them in their own back yard?

What you say sounds awesome, but any coach that is smart better have the largest of balls to ignore these facts.... And if they do, chances are, they aren't that smart.

Auburn is a logistics nightmare because they let it become one by keeping Gus, letting him run off talent, and then not replenishing said talent.

I hear you, but I think there is enough of a window, just enough talent, that if a saavy coach came in he could shore up a few deficiencies, make a good run in 2021, then load up on recruits in the next class.  The question is 2022...is that a total rebuild?  Good lord I'd rather rebuild with a little 2021 momentum rather than off of another Gus let down / dumpster fire.

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

thumbnail.jpg

Sad but true. Auburn brass thinks like this. Its why they've kept the Auburn Family facade going for so long. Beating Bama fits into that very nicely.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

My understanding is that Cristobal and Oregon had been in talks of a contract extension back in the spring before COVID became a factor. I'm not surprised it may have picked back up.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2020/10/canzano-mario-cristobals-contract-extension-is-unfinished-business-for-oregon-ducks.html#:~:text=Cristobal's current contract would pay,Jonathan Smith (%242.4 million).

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I hear you, but I think there is enough of a window, just enough talent, that if a saavy coach came in he could shore up a few deficiencies, make a good run in 2021, then load up on recruits in the next class.  The question is 2022...is that a total rebuild?  Good lord I'd rather rebuild with a little 2021 momentum rather than off of another Gus let down / dumpster fire.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see the talent. When I take off the orange and blue glasses I don’t see a single guy on either line that starts at any other SEC school

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Sad but true. Auburn brass thinks like this. Its why they've kept the Auburn Family facade going for so long. Beating Bama fits into that very nicely.

And being blown out by them almost every time in Tuscaloosa? Being 0-12 in TTown, Athens, and Baton Rouge? Being barely .500 vs Mississippi State? Having a losing record vs ranked P5 teams? Losing almost every bowl game? 

I love your twitter btw

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I wonder how many of you would still get your panties in a wad about me saying "if Pat cared about Bo and his career he wouldnt let his 5* QB son sign with Auburn while Gus Malzahn is anywhere near it?" 

I would have loved nothing more than to have been wrong about saying that. But so far its spot on.

I remember that and I agreed with you.  There was zero evidence presented at the time to tell us Gus or any of the number of OC's he brought through here could develop and train Bo to be an SEC quality QB.  Now the kid has visible attitude problems, diminished field awareness, questionable accuracy and something's been engrained in him to think he has to shoulder the load all on his own.  

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Newsflash! Recruiting this year has nothing to do with his contract length. Its about the consistent product on the field. Its about 7 straight years of 4+ losses. Its saying 6-4 (which we havent even achieved) is a "solid season." Its not being able to count to 5. Its giving up a 3 TD lead in what would be our 1st win in Red stick THIS CENTURY and saying "its not the end of the world." Its a mickey mouse high school offense. It is not retaining the talent we sign. Its not developing the talent we manage to keep. Its QBs regressing under his tutelage.

Saying its because of his contract tells me you dont even watch the games. How in the Sam hell you can watch the product on the field then with a straight face blame our recruiting tanking on Malzahn needing ANOTHER extension is beyond me and I would assume a majority of the fanbase.

Easy there big fella

5 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Until Auburn gets skull drug up and down the field like they did two weeks ago.  Same as the 2017 season where Auburn beats both #1 ranked rivals back to back only to lose the SECCG and watch BOTH of those rivals fight it out for the National Championship.  

36 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Mario just got expensive, must have a good agent.

dammit.

That’s my fear - we fire Gus only to get in a bidding war with Oregon; sign up for another large contract with a ridiculous buyout; Cristobal comes in and performs no better than Gus and we’re stuck with another ridiculous contract/buyout. 

I just don’t trust the people in power to learn from their mistakes, make a great hire, and agree to a contract that works for the coach AND the University.

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I do remember you saying this and saying how Bo was horrible at passing at highschool even with his father as a HC. You deserve more credit for being right about that.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I remember that and I agreed with you.  There was zero evidence presented at the time to tell us Gus or any of the number of OC's he brought through here could develop and train Bo to be an SEC quality QB.  Now the kid has visible attitude problems, diminished field awareness, questionable accuracy and something's been engrained in him to think he has to shoulder the load all on his own.  

But I was told THAT VERY DAY that Pat and Bo had said they would only consider Auburn if Gus was still employed.

Well... At least appears as those people now seem to have their eyes opened to what is really going on...

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do remember you saying this and saying how Bo was horrible at passing at highschool even with his father as a HC. You deserve more credit for being right about that.

Thanks man. I dont want or care about credit. I just want people to see what some of us have seen for years. 

And again, nothing would have made me happier than to have been wrong about that. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

But I was told THAT VERY DAY that Pat and Bo had said they would only consider Auburn if Gus was still employed.

Well... At least appears as those people now seem to have their eyes opened to what is really going on...

You seriously need to post here more often.

AND there's no way Pat & Bo don't see a whole lot more than we see on Saturday's.  Pat knows football and QB's and it's got to feel like a kick in the nuts to watch what's going on here.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Until Auburn gets skull drug up and down the field like they did two weeks ago.  Same as the 2017 season where Auburn beats both #1 ranked rivals back to back only to lose the SECCG and watch BOTH of those rivals fight it out for the National Championship.  

It'll happen next year and when we fire him mid-season we will pay the exact same as we would now + what he is payed from here till then.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

But you can win all others and lose to Bama and get the same get out of town rhetoric. This rivalry weighs too heavy on some people’s minds IMO. 

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

The first part isn’t factually correct.    When Auburn was going to get Petrino, he was coaching at Louisville.   The motorcycle ride hadn’t happened yet.   Unless you knew the man personally and knew that this was in his character traits, Petrino would have been just like any other coach. 

there were auburn/petrino rumors in 2012 as well i remember because almost every auburn board had them some said he would be hired the week of the iron bowl, others the week after the iron bowl, others the week of the sec championship game. there were callers on sports call and other radio shows starting to spill all kinds of crazy auburn/petrino rumors

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

My understanding is that Cristobal and Oregon had been in talks of a contract extension back in the spring before COVID became a factor. I'm not surprised it may have picked back up.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2020/10/canzano-mario-cristobals-contract-extension-is-unfinished-business-for-oregon-ducks.html#:~:text=Cristobal's current contract would pay,Jonathan Smith (%242.4 million).

Dan Wolken knows a lot about taking stupid losses

Just now, keesler said:

You seriously need to post here more often.

AND there's no way Pat & Bo don't see a whole lot more than we see on Saturday's.  Pat knows football and QB's and it's got to feel like a kick in the nuts to watch what's going on here.

Pat's prolly not too sad about wearing that mask in the stands during the game.

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Easy there big fella

So you are in the same (incorrect) thinking that recruiting is tanking not because of the product on the field, but because Gus needs to be extended? 

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

I’m sorry but I just don’t see the talent. When I take off the orange and blue glasses I don’t see a single guy on either line that starts at any other SEC school

Jones and Hamm on O.  We’ll see what The Harvard guy brings and what Zierer can do.

on DL...gotta get better tackles and a pass rusher would be nice.  I like Wooden and Hall. 

Archived